how to flash a DM800 - Page 4
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Firstly kingpin you really need to know the sim version. Secondly, why are you using dreamup? It will be easier and faster to flash via your browser if you can get it into flash mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi 00360362878

im using dreamup bc i only get DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD nothing else appears i put the wrong image on sim201e-76A-gemini2-510-dm800-20100721145005.nfi i think the sim was 2.00

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin63 View Post
    hi 00360362878

im using dreamup bc i only get DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD nothing else appears i put the wrong image on sim201e-76A-gemini2-510-dm800-20100721145005.nfi i think the sim was 2.00
    Have you tried switching it off, wait a min or so, hold you finger on the power button on the front of the box and hold it there, then switch the box back on, keep your finger on the button till the box display's the ip addy and ***stop***. If you get it to this stage, it is in flash mode, and as long as you have the correct image nfi file for your sim type, you can flash with your web browser.

Don't try flashing the box untill you know your sim version, there are quite a few threads about to help you with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default great help

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
    You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
    images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
    You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
    like HyperTerm.
    You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
    you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
    (non-cross) cable.
    To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
    The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
    an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.

Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
    - (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
    The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
    - (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
    (four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
    the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
    work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
    work, set an IP using the serial terminal)

* - Now, open a browser on your PC.
    (1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
    - (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

* - On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
    You can't flash other images (like .img)!
    - Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
    - Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.
    Noob here so thanks for all the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no power at all, except the ethernet cable and the fan running.

help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nowuckinfurries View Post
    Anyone not able to flash via web interface with Win7 ?

Works ok with XP

Nwf
    i cant seem to flash genuine dm800 with win7. tried compatibility mode (xp) but no joy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
    You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
    images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
    You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
    like HyperTerm.
    You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
    you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
    (non-cross) cable.
    To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
    The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
    an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.

Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
    - (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
    The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
    - (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
    (four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
    the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
    work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
    work, set an IP using the serial terminal)

* - Now, open a browser on your PC.
    (1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
    - (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

* - On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
    You can't flash other images (like .img)!
    - Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
    - Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

i need to flash my box, i have got as far as

were do i get this file from has anyone got a link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM 800HD Bootloader

[QUOTE=chroneer;1076705]Can we use a better transfer application like Flashwizard for the Dreambox 800HD image update ?

Or other method like Barry Allens ?

George[/QUOTE

i Could not find boot loader link

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234