Which Linux Box - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which Linux Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Dreambox 800 / 8000 HD for me, Great linux receiver !
    '"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!"
    Quote from Mr Shankly, YNWA, JFT96

Sat Boxes
    Spiderbox 7000 HD with " gift "
    Dreambox 500s.

Dishes
    1.1 Motorised triax satellite dish single LNB.
    Sky minidish self fitted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I use kryptview a750 with cable and internet connection.
    I am after a satellite reciever that allows me to use the same connection as the cable recievers. I currently have a sky dish and sky in my house installed, and am after a box in HD.

Im just after the basics on which box to use and how, the rest i can figure out as I know all about cable boxes, please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default best linux box

The spiderbox hd 9000 has a card slot, is linux based, has an erf modulator and comes with a gift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default best is Dreambox

so far I had three linux boxes and bar far Dreambox 7025 was brilliant it has survived reburished house a new power supply I had a Ipbox nothing but trouble seller would not fix it manufacture did. Never got it working properly now have AZbox Premium+ which is not too bad very buggy fw as its ported from DB which is not a bad thing the fan is very loud was not expecting this loud. If the price of the DM 8000 comes down this what I would reccomend from good expierence from 7025

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vu duo +
    Good box for the price ?350 on ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a dm800 running dreamelite image and a Vu+ Duo with VIX 1.3, the Vu+ Duo is the best box i have owned to date and the vix image is also the best image i have used to date, no green screens unlike my dm800.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

right if you are only wanting to spend ?200 on a HD PVR receiver then what about the dreambox DM800HD with ferrari sim. With the ferrari sim you can upload original images, no need for patched images.

I know a lot of people on this particular thread are saying 'Dont go with a clone' but there are plenty of good clones out there, for instance if you order a DM800HD clone from primusat (?179) the feedback on them in the dreambox section in here is excellent. Also its within your price range. although you wont get support from dream multimedia there is plenty of support out there this forum included. Also Roy's support from primusat is meant to be second to none.

I currently have a DM500s clone and I can honestly say that I have never had any problems with it. I am now upgrading to a DM800HD with ferrari sim from primusat because i want hd and the ability to be able to install a internal hard drive. clones of the DM800HD tend to have better tuners than the original DM800HD.

If you are buying a clone my only bit of advice would be to buy it from the UK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im looking for a basic box.

Im in a flat and Ive got 2 feeds coming into the flat, but its a communal dish which feeds 2 feeds to everyone. Its a pretty big dish but its stationary, so cant move it.

Which box is best for me to get all the sky channels, sports and movies?

Not looking for HD.

Thanks!

Harry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

dreambox 500s or technomate 500
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a DM800 running OpenPLi and it's working brilliant for me... Couldn't be happier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the cheapest PVR with freesat tuner and possibility of recording from external source? (program search from EPG like Humax box would be an added advantage. Only thing preventing me from getting humax box is I need to record from external source)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vips View Post
    What is the cheapest PVR with freesat tuner and possibility of recording from external source? (program search from EPG like Humax box would be an added advantage. Only thing preventing me from getting humax box is I need to record from external source)
    dm800hd ... you have to buy the hdd separately, you can use a sata or usb connection to connect it to the box. You can directly burn dvds from the dreambox, using a usb dvd drive... and a lot more things that i dont know yet. there's always a new thing being developed for DM's
    If You Like My Post -----------PRESS THAT THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by blizard442 View Post
    dm800hd ... you have to buy the hdd separately, you can use a sata or usb connection to connect it to the box. You can directly burn dvds from the dreambox, using a usb dvd drive... and a lot more things that i dont know yet. there's always a new thing being developed for DM's
    But DM800 don't have AV IN (as far as I can see from DM800 pics). So how can it record from external source?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default best linux box

tm500 dm500 good stable linux boxes tm600 if you want pvr looking forward to the protek hd mk1 linux....coming soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

helloo, ariva 120 hd its not linux but has interesting options, then with linux i have amiko alien 8900hd quite good with 2 linux system

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast