CUMMINS ECM REPAIR TIPS - Page 54
Register
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44449505152535455 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sorry for the ignorance , but can insite and calterm be used on cummins ecm's in newer dodge pickup trucks (specifically for the north American market)? Or is this only for heavy equipment?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Anybody help me. I'm looking for a 05050001.e2m cummins metafile.
    Thks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a cummins l10 im trying to check with an echeck but is asking for a tool password any ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, I have a 3084473-RX unit that was damaged by reverse battery connection. I've removed the burned components (TVS diodes and tantalum caps) but the 5v for the logic chips is missing and I cannot find where is this voltage generated. I've checked the schematics with DWG NO 63D44037R but the circuit is different.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good Afternoon Guys,

I'm am currently working on a N14 Celect from a friends old Foden. It is non start no 24v supply to fuel solenoid and injectors are not pulsing so I removed and stripped the ECU. As you can see there are some tantulam caps that have blown and corrosion on board but my main problem is having difficulty identifying a transistor which if you look at the pics is located between the heat sinks. I am not great at identifying stuff like this I hold my hand up but if anyone can help I would be very greatful, what looks like a transistor has the numbers 324 and underneath that 128 Motorola I believe but what could I use? The transistor is the supply to injector No2 as I have pinned it out. Kind Regards Mike.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to autotrician For This Useful Post:

mmfix (30th September, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi makura, I want to ask you I have a N14 Celect ECM. it is off a 24 volt Truck. The green capacitor has 24v not the 100v you would expect? there are 6 Tantalum caps on edge of power board 4 blown to bits I have replaced these 4 as well as 1 transistor between the heatsinks I replaced the 2 diodes near the transformer which one diode has 24v on thats the one nearest to the transformer but no voltage at the other diode? 10ohm(100) resistor is ok! also I have replaced all electrolytic caps. you seem very knowledgeable regarding this ecu please I would appreciate your help...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, I'm looking for the same solution as autotrician here! Looked everywhere and just can't find this motorola j128 mosfet ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys I am need of the schematic for cummins n14 celect can any help
    thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hi Dears. Need Schematics wiring diagram or pinouts for this ecu Cummins Continental CM1250 PN 4988820 please. Very thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.n 14 Select plus error 343. The truck starts and stalls. Stops starting. Tell me where the problem is in the select plus.
    Last edited by Rinat; 31st July, 2021 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rinat View Post
    Hello.n 14 Select plus error 343. The truck starts and stalls. Stops starting. Tell me where the problem is in the select plus.
    Loose engine or chassis ground connections can cause Fault Code 343 to be logged, as well as complaints of anintermittent stumble. Pay special attention to the negative starter post connection.Moisture in the ECM connectors can also cause the ECM to log Fault Code 343.A damaged EPS can cause the ECM to log Fault Code 343 and possibly Fault Code 121 and Fault Code 115.Defective alternators occasionally cause FC 343. Run the engine with the alternator belt off; if the fault code becomesinactive, replace the alternator.Intermittent battery shorts to ground may cause the fault.Intermittent shorts to ground in these circuits: injector solenoids, injector harnesses, fan clutch solenoids, fan clutch wiring,engine brake solenoids, engine brake wiring, OEM installed engine speed sensors, flywheel housing and associatedwiring, datalink wiring, and fuel shutoff solenoid or wiring may cause intermittent Fault Code 343.To determine if conducted electrical noise through the grounds is causing the Fault Code 343, unbolt the ECM, and moveit away from the engine block so that it is isolated from the engine block ground. If the fault is not duplicated, troubleshootfor the source of the electrical noise.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel User 97 For This Useful Post:

Rinat (16th November, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello
    you ecm is bad microprocesador atmel

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hi I need your help
    Ecu 2350B
    Insite error code 5080
    ID from Calterm:
    Device Address 0x00
    Product ID: ABC,BDC
    Part Number:5317110
    Serial Number:5203034
    ECM ID:G2
    I only have an ECU with only one sticker on it , is it possible to somehow find out what is to be uploaded there ??? maybe someone has such a file for calterm???
    I can only upload it on the bench or JTAG(Trasdata)
    calterm.jpginsite.jpg1DCA0D67-6475-44C4-9A28-A79D73090E5A.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi to all, Dear friends!
    I need some help.
    I have a CM570 p/n3408501 with the problem burned resistor 1k in 5 cylinder supply. I'v tried to change all in this circuit: driver, mosfets, resistors etc. There is no short in this circuit.
    But when connect power +12 and gnd on the table, this resistor quickly burned out.
    Could somebody help me?
    Last edited by Gangstarapper; 21st June, 2022 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess you calibrated it from ism to isx; if you recalibrate to ism and change the resistor, it won't burn again.

I've heard that changes need to be made to a specific circuit to make it work as isx; but i haven't studied it; maybe someone else with more experience can help with this info.