Register
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I try to recalibrate a ecm ISX cm 871 , but no luck
    someone has a part number for this bench?
    i need bench harness used to calibrated isx cm 871

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elslow View Post
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS A LINEHUAL INCAL AND A VOCATIONAL INCAL CALIBRATION
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
    Linehaul is for a highway truck
    Vocational is for a vehicle like a cement mixer or dump truck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jctech For This Useful Post:

busha (23rd November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mondao View Post
    I try to recalibrate a ecm ISX cm 871 , but no luck
    someone has a part number for this bench?
    i need bench harness used to calibrated isx cm 871
    The cable you need is 3164185,

Last edited by jctech; 26th October, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

trying to put QSOL screen shot into post
    hopefully it will be below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

well..I ve seen a couple isx..that stop calibration transfer and never ..get connection again
    try this...

connect the ecm to calterm through manual conection
    if is possible with inline (80%) succefully...or usb link
    you need to try to connect with ignition off...we do that because dont have rom boot pin out ..and off connection make that...too
    if you cant until all that ...you will need to connect by j1939 ...triangle conector ..if your ecm is not burned..that will works 100%..and try to get connection
    after that you can download calibration to the ecm.

is just my experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Recalibrating ECM's

When you recalibrate an ECM, especially on J1939 datalink, you need to remove as much other datalink traffic as possible.
    All the messages on the datalink have a priority, ABS and throttle usually have the highest priority, then dashboard, transmission and all the other modules using the datalink.
    Insite has the lowest priority of all, because it must not interfere with the operation of the vehicle if used on a road test.
    These modules are broadcasting as soon as they are powered up even if truck is not moving or the engine is not running.
    Then we connect into the datalink and expect to be able to load a 2MB calibration into the ECM down that same busy datalink, at a lower priority than all the other data.........
    Cummins recommends disconnecting as many other modules as possible when carrying out ECM recalibrations, to remove as much traffic from the datalink as possible, and for Celect plus, connecting to the service datalink on the side of the engine, not the public datalink in the vehicle cab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The problem with this engine is when it warms to the normal engine temps, idle speed goes to 900 rpm. I don't know engine cpl, because it was repaired with different cpl parts. I tried 1844 cpl with a 3084473 ecm, it works fine, but it has a 3619037 ecm, any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juanincho View Post
    The problem with this engine is when it warms to the normal engine temps, idle speed goes to 900 rpm. I don't know engine cpl, because it was repaired with different cpl parts. I tried 1844 cpl with a 3084473 ecm, it works fine, but it has a 3619037 ecm, any ideas?
    You have the same question in the calterm thread, see the answer there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

hi guys

busy with engine simulation on Celects and Celct Plus on the bench.....been playing for a while now with signal generators and output-ing the signal thro a headphone jack on the EPS attached to my harness.....haven't had the best of luck so far......any ideas would be highly appreciated........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

get hold of a camshaft gear, and spin it with a motor to give the ecm a speed and position signal.
    You will need injector solenoids, all sensors need to be connected, but only oil pressure sensor needs its status to change to show oil pressure with the engine running

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jctech For This Useful Post:

Wayne Techiemec (15th February, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all Interesting thread going here. When calibrating it is best to use the dedicated data link in the engine harnes with the triangle deutch conector at the left front of the engine. Cummins makes an adapter cable to fit this. It fits on cummins inline adapters. It has the 3 pin plug and a power cord that plugs into a cigarete lighter plug. If you or your shop has an old echeck kit still around it may be with it. When I get some time I want to make an adapter to use this system with the nexiq usb link. Maybe sombody out there already made one and is using it? If you do have the Echeck kit and the diagnostics 2.0 cartridge blow the dust of it and you can read sids, mids and pids from almost any brand of engine with a 1708 datalink.Get some fault code lists printed out and your good to go. Great for monitering engine sensor outputs during road testing to no battery to die half way through. They also made a Echeck cartridge that fits the prolink might as well use them if you have them.
    Great work on the dk forums guys Thanks lot of great info.
    Last edited by Trucke; 20th November, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default great stuff

hi all I am new to all this but find Iam going to learn alot here. Gr8 thread you have here. dies anyone have schematic for serial cable that joins inline 5 adapter to pc comm port. Many thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

the triangle adapter is for connect inline in j1939 and nexiq cant ..I did one with resistance but not stable connection and only possible with inline to safe mode ...and about squematic ...calu78 posted time ago a manual of dpa4 plus ..well is same db15 and usb,deutch conection than nexiq....see in the thread about squematic most be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default J1939

Quote Originally Posted by hercamp View Post
    the triangle adapter is for connect inline in j1939 and nexiq cant ..I did one with resistance but not stable connection and only possible with inline to safe mode ...and about squematic ...calu78 posted time ago a manual of dpa4 plus ..well is same db15 and usb,deutch conection than nexiq....see in the thread about squematic most be there.
    hercamp, how'd you do it? I made a j1939 cable for the bench, for usb link, it works fine, I used a 120 ohm between the data lines, I'll try to post the schematic this week if you want it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Juanincho For This Useful Post:

Wayne Techiemec (15th February, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Talking

I mean not good because after to load and download all blocks with usb link connection makes to burn a diode into usb link .works for a time but .I think for high baud and bits in the transfer ...resistance in the backbone works cool also if they are at 60 ohms but is just my experience...is safe and better to get same connection in j1708 also with faster transfer with usb link ...the j1939..Ive used only with ecm that needs bench and rom boot mode.

and thanks to my friend carlu78 that upload this ..dpa /same pinout of usb link.enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hercamp; 22nd November, 2010 at 11:16 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hercamp For This Useful Post:

busha (23rd November, 2016), jorgeangarita (24th May, 2015)

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast