Register
Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poptest View Post
    Hi Jctech......

Here are two serial numbers, 37187076 CPL2276 and 37218459 CPL2949.

The CPL2949 engines have the Eneserve ECMs installed on them. I replaced the Eneserves with 4067777 ECM on two engines, and programmed them with Inpower conforming to CPL2949. Engines run well but have insufficient power....can hit 600kw only at 60hz. Inpower doesn't show an alternate 2949 calibration which will uprate the engine to 800kw.

So I am now thinking of uprating them to CPL2276. Do you think this is possible? Problem is.....many parts are not identical, including the injection pumps.

Thanks much for your advice.
    ESN 37187076 was built in 1999, with the now obsolete FCG (CM552) ECM (part number 3094141). It is a G2 engine.
    The fuel pumps on these engines were Bosch RP39

ESN 37218459 was built in 2005, (760 HP @1800) with the GCS ECM 4067777. (1340 HP is 1000kW) It is a G1 engine.
    The fuel pumps fitted to this engine are Bosch P7100, and are only be used with G1 and G2 engine ratings, higher ratings use P8500 fuel pumps with light load advance for white smoke control.

Try the G2 rating with CPL 2968, it is an EPA/CARB certified rating, and has the same number of flywheel ring gear teeth.
    It is 1200 HP @1800

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thank you for suggesting CPL 2968. I will try this out as soon as the 4067777 ECMs arrive.

I've also been thinking of Calterm but have zero experience on this software. Have you tried modifying calibrations with Calterm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thank you for suggesting CPL 2968. I will try this out as soon as the 4067777 ECMs arrive.

I've also been thinking of Calterm but have zero experience on this software. Have you tried modifying calibrations with Calterm?
    Calterm will not work with InPower calibrations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

hi all
    Was wondering has anyone come across a similar fault in celect ecm where fault code 255 is active but when substituted for another the code does not come up.after swapping units it has led me to believe that the fault is in the ecm internals. Any ideas as to which components may have failed here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default eureka

Quote Originally Posted by donniemnemonic View Post
    hi all
    Was wondering has anyone come across a similar fault in celect ecm where fault code 255 is active but when substituted for another the code does not come up.after swapping units it has led me to believe that the fault is in the ecm internals. Any ideas as to which components may have failed here?
    After witch-hunting for the past 2 days I am glad to say that I managed to locate the faulty component which was a bipolar transistor. After replacing it and refitting ecm to truck the 255 code went inactive almost instantly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donniemnemonic For This Useful Post:

Wayne Techiemec (11th May, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

After witch-hunting for the past 2 days I am glad to say that I managed to locate the faulty component which was a bipolar transistor. After replacing it and refitting ecm to truck the 255 code went inactive almost instantly.
    Please post picture location of bipolar transistor.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Please post picture location of bipolar transistor.

Thanks.
    Will post pics once i have made some. Tell me have you come across similar faults?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Will post pics once i have made some. Tell me have you come across similar faults?
    Yes I have, and 255 is common. Truck driver and/or mechanic sometimes puts a jumper wire between Bat+ and pin 16 of actuator harness.

I've never tried repairing ECMs though. I replace any faulty ECM outright. That's why I'd like to learn.
    Last edited by Poptest; 7th May, 2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: improve text content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hi folks, anyone knows if there is some kind of cross reference guide for calibrations, I mean, with a given ECM code you can look at the cpl, hp, torque, etc, it would be useful for looking at calibrations without going into Insite. Thanks everyone !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default fault code 255

Yes I have, and 255 is common. Truck driver and/or mechanic sometimes puts a jumper wire between Bat+ and pin 16 of actuator harness.

I've never tried repairing ECMs though. I replace any faulty ECM outright. That's why I'd like to learn.
    sorry m8 have manged to take a photo of ecm pcb but now I need to edit it so as to identify the transistor I mentioned. Just needed to know before I did post it if you have electronic skills cause this is not the only component failure that may trigger fault code 255 but there are more that could cause it as well.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

sorry m8 have manged to take a photo of ecm pcb but now I need to edit it so as to identify the transistor I mentioned. Just needed to know before I did post it if you have electronic skills cause this is not the only component failure that may trigger fault code 255 but there are more that could cause it as well.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic...........
    Hello Donnie,

I am quite familiar with electronics, but have never attempted to repair/replace any internal ECM parts.

I also realize that the ECM you repaired may already be installed and running on the truck. If this is the case, I don't think you should go into the hassle of dismounting the ECM to take pictures.

Thank you anyway. Your post has been an eye opener to me. I will try to repair an ECM. We have lots floating around here from previous jobs.

Byebye.................. Poptest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juanincho View Post
    Hi folks, anyone knows if there is some kind of cross reference guide for calibrations, I mean, with a given ECM code you can look at the cpl, hp, torque, etc, it would be useful for looking at calibrations without going into Insite. Thanks everyone !
    Hello Juanincho,

I always use Quickserve together with Insite to determine the correct ECM calibration. I beleive this is the best way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i have a cummins celect whit this problem no 5v for eeproms . i check all the transistors, diodes but i dont find the problem , any help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    i have a cummins celect whit this problem no 5v for eeproms . i check all the transistors, diodes but i dont find the problem , any help?
    Hi m8.
    Do you have a 100 plus volts on the large green capacitor just below the round black inductor housing on your driver pcb? Also check the miniature transformer on the same board should have 12v on some pins and 5v on the other pins. I am assuming that your ecm is unable to communicate with insite or similar otherwise then it would be working okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thanks makura for this usefull thread