Register
Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makura View Post
    OK that explains it,when you have a foot print there are no parameters to copy.everything goes to 0 even your trip wil be reset just the same as an ecm in rom boot.
    That depends on what process was happening when the footprint occured, I have seen footprinted ECM that have all info available for restoring.
    A footprint occures when the ECM looses communication with the laptop/vehicle module during a write to the ECM, such Insite as erasing faults, changing parameters or a vehicle module restoring a parameter. Loss of communication can be caused by turning the key off, PC going into a power save setting, disconnecting a cable among other things.
    A footprint can also be caused by not waiting the correct length of time during the key off phase of restting faults and changing parameters and by turning the unswitched power off too soon after key off.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

jctech and makura, in this particular truck I can't get it to go for more RPM than 1400 in the first gears. I checked all parameters but maybe I'm missing one of them. The truck runs good but the driver is asking me for 1600 RPM. can you help me or tell me please which parameter I need to change to get more RPM in the engine?
    Thanks a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackalfa View Post
    jctech and makura, in this particular truck I can't get it to go for more RPM than 1400 in the first gears. I checked all parameters but maybe I'm missing one of them. The truck runs good but the driver is asking me for 1600 RPM. can you help me or tell me please which parameter I need to change to get more RPM in the engine?
    Thanks a lot
    Look at the settings of "gear down protection" and "engine speed without VSS"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can not put unl CELECT rom boot mode.

'Before it is necessary to establish communication with CALTERM?

Can you do that with 9-pin connector?

Help me please....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can not put a boot rom mode CELECT.
    to download the calibration fails

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eshis View Post
    I can not put a boot rom mode CELECT.
    to download the calibration fails
    Hi m8.
    Using the romboot cable try the following:
    Connect it up to the ecm and depress the switch on the romboot cable turn on your ignition supply, release the romboot switch then shortly after turn off the ignition supply. This will usually rom-boot your ecm if it fails try it a couple of times and eventually you will get it right. Hint: if you are able to here a clicking sound from your ecm with the key on then you should be able to hear it with the key off if rom-boot successful. Another way to do it would be to connect your ecm up to insite then start a calibration session when your ecm has gone say over 50 % -then disconnect from insite and your ecm will be in rom-boot mode.
    Another thing make sure that you are connected to your ecm on the sensor harness of your ecm using the rom-boot cable.
    Hope this answers your question and good luck.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

plase hepl my
    please upload ecfg for this engine

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Celect Unknow Faults

Please, Can I get your advice why this ECM is throwing this unknown foults?

Thanks a lot members...best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

These are your unknown fault codes113 Engine Timing Actuator Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source
    114 Engine Timing Actuator Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source
    125 Intake Manifold Pressure Low - Data Valid but Below Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level
    135 Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source
    142 Oil Pressure High - Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level
    152 Coolant Temperature Low - Data Valid but Below Normal Operational Range - Least Severe Level
    211 Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source
    223 Oil Burn Valve Solenoid Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source
    225 Oil Replacement Valve Solenoid Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source
    421 Oil Temperature High - Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level
    435 Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
    443 Accelerator Pedal or Lever Position Sensor Supply Voltage Circuit - Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source
    445 OEM Switch Supply Voltage Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source

I think the calibration has somehow become corrupted, try to recalibrate the ECM using Insite, with the standard calibration from the InCal disk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Post a screenshot of the ECM audit trail.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thanks jctech, I'm not in the truck yard but I will try to return so you can help me, thanks again. I already recalibrate the ECM with Insite, I thought too, that maybe the info in the ECM become corrupted but it has the same parameters as when I checked it the first time. The driver told me that everything was fine until the starter started to give him problems then he had to fix the alternator and when the electric man fixed the alternator, the check engine started to flash.
    There is the possibility that the ECM is now faulty because the voltage changing in the truck alternator?
    thanks again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks jctech, I'm not in the truck yard but I will try to return so you can help me, thanks again. I already recalibrate the ECM with Insite, I thought too, that maybe the info in the ECM become corrupted but it has the same parameters as when I checked it the first time. The driver told me that everything was fine until the starter started to give him problems then he had to fix the alternator and when the electric man fixed the alternator, the check engine started to flash.
    There is the possibility that the ECM is now faulty because the voltage changing in the truck alternator?
    thanks again...
    Before you replace the ECM, try removing the alternator belt, clear all of the codes and test run the truck with the belt off. Electrical noise in the system from a defect in the alternator could be the cause. Also, check the timing sensor as a possible source of electrical interference. We had a Celect Plus logging strange codes and found the culprit to be the timing sensor, when removed we found it was cracked and had a small chunk out of the end of it (?). Also check all of the ECM ground and power connections.
    Last edited by hpcummins; 20th October, 2011 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can not even calibrate the CELECT ..
    If someone please help me speak Spanish.
    this is my mail: ( no addys )
    Last edited by gmb45; 20th October, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hi m8
    Have had a similar experience with several celect ecms in the past and have managed to repair by recalibration as jctech has mentioned. Check also if fault code 434 is active. If so after you connect to insite turn your ignition key off and on and check if the 434 fault becomes inactive. If not then it is highly possible that your ecm is faulty and will need to be repaired.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eshis View Post
    I can not even calibrate the CELECT ..
    If someone please help me speak Spanish.
    this is my mail: ( no addys )
    Hi m8.
    What exactly are you failing to do? If you are trying to calibrate using calterm maybe try using insite, it is a lot easier than calterm. What is the state of this ecm you are trying to recalibrate. We need more info so as to assist you. Did you try any of thje stuff i mentioned in an earlier post on this page?
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic.