Page 1 of 55 1234561151 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default CUMMINS ECM REPAIR TIPS

Hi guys

i just wanted to open this thread to all ecm repair guys to share problems and ideas on these ecms,lets keep this open only for cummins ecm' problems and repair solutions.lets dig in and help each other out.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to makura For This Useful Post:

aprilia40 (6th March, 2016), busha (23rd November, 2016), delio78 (28th February, 2017), ivan 323i (2nd August, 2017), mauryxio (24th February, 2022), meroteki (14th August, 2017), pongsky (12th August, 2022), rob h (8th December, 2022), sosautomotive (25th September, 2013), TIGER24 (9th April, 2018), Wayne Techiemec (14th September, 2020)

BATLER

nice thread m8,this will help us for sure!
    Last edited by BATLER; 5th June, 2010 at 12:21 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

the main problem seems to be when some bright spark decides to jump start these without turning lights on etc to remove power spike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

three differents problems that I have are

in a celect plus ecm.....has not detect the oil presure semsor signal I recalibrated and nothin.?wh?
    and other celect that shut down inyectors up to 80?c and the engine cant runn up to 1500 rpm...

and other celect ecm that ...runn the engine at idle in 950 rpm....?wh?

well ....now I solved problem changing the ecm but ....the real repair can be changing internal elements.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercamp View Post
    three differents problems that I have are

in a celect plus ecm.....has not detect the oil presure semsor signal I recalibrated and nothin.?wh?
    and other celect that shut down inyectors up to 80?c and the engine cant runn up to 1500 rpm...

and other celect ecm that ...runn the engine at idle in 950 rpm....?wh?

well ....now I solved problem changing the ecm but ....the real repair can be changing internal elements.
    1.- maybe the signal is going to ground or the sensor screw up
    2.- Make a cutcylinder test and check if the inyectors are ok or try to change a ecm and check if the RPM still under 1500
    3.- Check the parameter of idle option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Belefronte View Post
    1.- maybe the signal is going to ground or the sensor screw up
    2.- Make a cutcylinder test and check if the inyectors are ok or try to change a ecm and check if the RPM still under 1500
    3.- Check the parameter of idle option.

I ve seen that .....I m not very explisit ( I do all test ) and finally I change ecm and solve problem...bythe way about this is the thread ....how to repair the ecm.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Thumbs up

Hercamp try this trick,it works in most cases.

Start a calibration procedure and when your ecm is at lets say 33% upload,turn your key (ON or OFF)depending on which ecm you calibrating celect(off) celect plus (on) wait for the calib fail massage then start from scratch(on celect plus you will have to put your key on for 5seconds and off again thats how you will be able to communucate with the ecm,when you get to the part it say turn key off just click on ok since your key is already off)follow the screen promps to the end,now all the original info is lost,you trip info is back to 000 for everything,if you are using insite 7.4 you will get your parameter settings back,and if you using any thing b4 7.4 you have to do your parameters all over again.
    with celect its pretty much straight forward,just put key on ,connect to ecm,rom boot message will pop up,just follow screen promps.
    gooedluck,let me know if this works for you.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to makura For This Useful Post:

eeddyy23 (28th December, 2022), rob h (8th December, 2022), VENDETTADIESEL (19th February, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

yeah ...its works ...fine ...in retreivering of parameters also ..I cant save one but the others two ecm works ok.thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercamp View Post
    yeah ...its works ...fine ...in retreivering of parameters also ..I cant save one but the others two ecm works ok.thanks
    Hey you are welcome m8,thats what friends are for,i wish i had a friend to share calterm file with me...................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

in the calterm thread is shared...about the ecm repairs..one common fail of celect plus ecm is the jake brake or engine brake actuator...how I ve seen ...the digital output and internal components...get some damage ...I think for engine brake electro valves...
    solution of this is ...take the actuator signal and connect to relay..also the input signal its same ..with it we can be sure of ecm ....has the fuel control when active...and we can connect in two forms .
    when we have one of two output signals damage ...whe take that and connect to master relay brake that we are trying to put.
    other way when we have all outputsto engine brake signal damage ...in this case we can take negative signal from eng.brake botton and connect to relay..this one is alterntive to solve when we dont have ecm to replace.

I hope this help or suggest .help u and help to others to make a new alternatives ...its just how I have solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dear guys woul you be so kind and help with a problem with a Cummins Celect Plus 3408303
    I was being able to acces to the ECM, but it told me that the ECM needed to be recalibrated, so I selected autodetect calibration and suggested the right for the truck,

I follow all the steps to recalibrate, but at the end of all the operations the last 3 steps failed and the calibration did not transfer succesful.

I did all of this from the conection inside the driver cab,

after not workinf the calibration download process, I decided to to try with the connection from the engine, and looked like it was going to work , because some more new bars reload... making look good, and before I was able to turn the ignition key on...

again the transfer failed, the laptop disconnect from the ecm and now

I can not with ECM....
    what can I do... the ECM is like not detected.. insite tell me to check connection but I know all cables are good...

thanks in advance for your help...
    I will appreciate it a lot any help...

TAMBIEN hablo espanol.

Last Update:
    Now the truck does not turn on, I'm in troubles, 'cause the first problem was too much smoke, but now, I have to make it turn on..
    Any help is appreciate it a lot...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

is good that u speak spanish too...but forum in only in english.........
    so about youre ecm yeah ...for insite youre ecm is dead...it come blank..and u cant get connection and the engine doesnt start..because ure laptop cut the connection with ecm ...and it cant happend ...I think that u can have some problems in the laptop...or maybe u choose a wrong cal for ecm ...and u most know before download the program to ecm ..sistem need delete some info and part of programing first and ..unic way to get it works its calibrating from boot mode ...best way to do is with calterm..if u know how works with it u can solve so fast ..if u dont ...just try with insite in boot offcourse ...now if u dont know how to do in boot ...sorry youre ecm is dead.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

any ecu programming tool or any device to check ecu problem avaible in market please to informe me , all ecu schemastic

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by electrobato View Post
    dear guys woul you be so kind and help with a problem with a Cummins Celect Plus 3408303
    I was being able to acces to the ECM, but it told me that the ECM needed to be recalibrated, so I selected autodetect calibration and suggested the right for the truck,

I follow all the steps to recalibrate, but at the end of all the operations the last 3 steps failed and the calibration did not transfer succesful.

I did all of this from the conection inside the driver cab,

after not workinf the calibration download process, I decided to to try with the connection from the engine, and looked like it was going to work , because some more new bars reload... making look good, and before I was able to turn the ignition key on...

again the transfer failed, the laptop disconnect from the ecm and now

I can not with ECM....
    what can I do... the ECM is like not detected.. insite tell me to check connection but I know all cables are good...

thanks in advance for your help...
    I will appreciate it a lot any help...

TAMBIEN hablo espanol.

Last Update:
    Now the truck does not turn on, I'm in troubles, 'cause the first problem was too much smoke, but now, I have to make it turn on..
    Any help is appreciate it a lot...
    Hi
    This not a train smash,just turn your key on for 5 seconds,turn it off and and connect to the ecm with the key off and start a new calibration download.
    Goodluck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have a problem with an ecm one isx cm570, engine brake does not work, the problem is that always the (ecm) detects the clutch, as if was pressured but really not this pressured. i adjustment of the switch of the clutch, switch, and circuit to resolve the problem but alone changing the ecm I am solved the problem, I ask me if a solucion exists so that this ecm be able Repairing, because already it recalibre again, and not corrected?

greetings
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mondao For This Useful Post:

jorgegaticanadgar (25th June, 2014)

Page 1 of 55 1234561151 ... LastLast