Life On Titan?
Register

Thread: Life On Titan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Life On Titan?

Two papers have suggested there's life on Saturns moon Titan.

The first paper, in the journal Icarus, shows that hydrogen gas flowing down through Titan's atmosphere disappears at the surface, suggesting it could be being breathed by alien bugs.

The second paper, in the Journal of Geophysical Research, suggests sunlight interacting with chemicals in the atmosphere ought to produce acetylene, but none has been detected, the logical assumption being something is consuming it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

These guys and girls spend fortunes on research such as this when the depths of our oceans lie unexplored. I assume they do so to try and ascertain if life is sustainable on these unreachable planets (unreachable-impracticable for mankind to be moved there should 2012 go pear shaped). The answers to mans dilemmas have always been found on our planet and maybe the oceans still hold a wealth of ,as yet unknown,answers to our present problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

your right there pat maybe these experts should look closer to home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it seems to me that if "nasa" etc. used there multi-million budgets to explore the oceans and arctic zones, we may find out more about the world around us ans its history. do we need to know what is out in space ?
    in my opinion ( as irrelevant as it is ) we don't need to know about anything that does not impact on us as human beings directly !
    Dont forget to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nialler View Post
    it seems to me that if "nasa" etc. used there multi-million budgets to explore the oceans and arctic zones, we may find out more about the world around us ans its history. do we need to know what is out in space ?
    in my opinion ( as irrelevant as it is ) we don't need to know about anything that does not impact on us as human beings directly !
    How true. I've often heard it said that we know more about the surface of the moon than the ocean floor. And what about the depths below that? Surely the most efficient way of harvesting our vast store of geothermal power is to plant heat exchangers directly into the molten core.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

La verdad es que no tebgo n idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prupru View Post
    La verdad es que no tebgo n idea