Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dimensions

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barrowmanandrew View Post
    we never had teachers like that in my school...
    but, yes thats right
    the speed of light is constant no matter what.
    which means (as strange as this may sound), time is not constant...
    Yeah, he was great, he was a professor at Oxford and gave it up to come back to Liverpool to teach at a our school.

He was great. He could explain things dead good, we used to all be riveted in his class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
    Yeah, he was great, he was a professor at Oxford and gave it up to come back to Liverpool to teach at a our school.

He was great. He could explain things dead good, we used to all be riveted in his class.
    lucky git!
    my physic teacher was a religious nutcase.
    he spent 4 years trying convince us that god exists!!!
    and his proof???

everything contracts as it gets colder , except water which starts expanding at 4 degree's
    this means ice floats and top layers of water freeze first protecting water underneath.
    his arguement is
    if this didnt happen, water would freeze from bottom up, killing all life in the sea during iceage.
    quite an unusual approach from a physics teacher....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love this subject and the reason being there is no true answer, mind is time and is subjective too the individual up too a point, on a mass scale it defiantly amounts too an answer but never the true answer as it's truly subjective, we individuality create it ( dual being the operative word ) on a microscopic level we know that under the energy and of our eye quarks disappear and re appear, i reckon we create our own time and time space in this dimension and the next, consistently every moment in this reality and the next simultaneously...too add too the chat about light, I reckon we are travelling right now at the speed of light and this is why when go at a speed and reach it time stops, (yeah sounds crazy) but were almost doing the opposite too what we think were doing, achieving the speed we are already travelling at too stop it, speeding up too slow down time, light exists because because were keeping up with, if we stopped would it still exist??.....
    and i think all things are hapening at once, but or mind, chooses too channel in too the right signal....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faum72 View Post
    i love this subject and the reason being there is no true answer, mind is time and is subjective too the individual up too a point, on a mass scale it defiantly amounts too an answer but never the true answer as it's truly subjective, we individuality create it ( dual being the operative word ) on a microscopic level we know that under the energy and of our eye quarks disappear and re appear, i reckon we create our own time and time space in this dimension and the next, consistently every moment in this reality and the next simultaneously...too add too the chat about light, I reckon we are travelling right now at the speed of light and this is why when go at a speed and reach it time stops, (yeah sounds crazy) but were almost doing the opposite too what we think were doing, achieving the speed we are already travelling at too stop it, speeding up too slow down time, light exists because because were keeping up with, if we stopped would it still exist??.....
    and i think all things are hapening at once, but or mind, chooses too channel in too the right signal....
    Nice one! Hurt my Brain! If a tree falls in Brazil, and nobody hears it, does it still make a noise?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy952 View Post
    Nice one! Hurt my Brain! If a tree falls in Brazil, and nobody hears it, does it still make a noise?
    If a fat chick falls in the middle of the forest do the trees laugh?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12