Guide: How to use FlashFXP to FTP to your Dreambox - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheers witchy, I,ll crack this yet...everything sound ok with the set up though?

thommo

Quote Originally Posted by scurders View Post
    Cheers witchy, I,ll crack this yet...everything sound ok with the set up though?
    fine mate.....as said if your menu aint working get the ip of the dream from your router, enter that in the ftp software connect and your away with the tut provided.

5 mins you,ll be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, had a look in my router(or i think i have) i typed in my IP addy into my browser and got through to my linksys router, unsure of what im looking for now though, took down a few numbers...DNS1, DNS2 and start IP and end IP. any advice?

thommo

should be a tab for attached devices, mines a netgear so yours may be slightly different.

if you only have the dream and pc connected then there will be two showing in attached devices make sure you use the one that is for your dreambox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, ive been looking through the menus for awhile now and the only thing i can see that vaguely resembles attached devices on my linksys router is "DHCP active IP table" and this is showing only one client "Rebecca" which is the name of my daughter and the name the missus gave the laptop when we first bought it. does this mean the router isn,t recognising the box or am i looking in the wrong place? the router knows there is something in port one as a green light is on and there is two green lights showing inside the dreambox when connected to the router.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default can any1 help

i dnt seem to be getting this thing i have done as explained but my dream box is nt connecting to my lap top can any1 pls gime more info on what ports of the router to connect the cable to pc and dream box
    thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would use any port to connect your router to pc and dreambox. Try to restart all your connected devices and see how it goes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi
    not done this before can you use a null modem cable without ip adress and the rest
    cheers

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

You can't ftp with a null modem cable. A null modem cable is only used for flashing with dreamup.

A crossover ethernet cable is required for ftp.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    You can't ftp with a null modem cable. A null modem cable is only used for flashing with dreamup.

A crossover ethernet cable is required for ftp.
    many thanks for that /just tried and works perfect / i just need a couple more replies before i can download// much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Won't transfer

Hope someone can help but I deleted the files in keys folder but cannot transfer new keys it say 553 cannot create file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It all depends how you deleted those files in the first place. Did you uses DCC or just ftp and uses linux command?
    if you can restart enigma those locked files usually will be back to either 644 or 755. failing that, you can attempt using those command under telent screen.
    Let me know if you feel confident using command such as chmod, rm or ls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted to say a very big thank you for this very simple guide to updateing my dreambox. It was so simple and straight forward!

I wish I'd come here first instead of spending days on other forums getting messed around with their newbie rules!

You have helped to educate me in the use of my dreambox! (I bought it totally set up, so had very little knowledge of how to update it).

Thank you!

Colm
    Last edited by Devilfish; 18th April, 2008 at 11:04 PM.

thommo

thanks for your words, i try to read most posts and from the posts i read i saw that a lot of people where struggling with it, to me and others its no problem but i did think if i was new would i understand it and the answer was no so i did the guide and tried to make it as non techy and straight forward as i could, and if people are having success then my intended guide with ease has done its job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if people are having success then my intended guide with ease has done its job.
    I wouldn't say that it's done it job....I'd say that it's done it's job with style

Thanks for your help.

I don't suppose you have a similar guide for updating a Eurovox? I have tried to search, but can't see anything.

I've telephone my father to let him know I've updated my dreambox, and he asked if I coudl do his Eurovox for him. If you had a similar guide it would be brilliant! If not, well, at least I've get the general gist of it now, so I'm sure I'll figure out the differences.

Can I use the same files to update the autoroll as I did for the dreambox or will I need Eurovox specific ones?

Thanks a lot for your help Here's to hoping I can pass on my good luck, and help my father too

Colm

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast