Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default empty var and key files

Hi, recieved my 500c box . flashed the box re-booted it , now i recieve fta channels but when using flash fxp ftp on locating the var file its empty and the key folder also empty, followed i believed to be is the correct method but alas. not to be ,, please??? where have i gone wrong??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dream box connected to router

Hi to all dk members and staff, great guide but I would like to ask a question, once I have copied over files And rebooted do I still need my dream box connected to my router many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my dreambox is not showing up in the right hand panel of flash fxp,any ideas??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by semigod View Post
    my dreambox is not showing up in the right hand panel of flash fxp,any ideas??
    Have you got the box set up properly to be seen in network. DHCP enabled and check the I.P address in the settings.

That is if your going through a router.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey first thanks to all the memers here for excellent info on the site, its a learners dream!!
    Anyways I need litte help, I have a Dreambox 500C and have followed all the tutorials, I have flashed the image, ftp'ed the images, then chosen bruteforce UK to scan

and the box works and picks up all the channels and their programme schedules but only bbc1/2, itv, channel4 and channel5 work, can someone help me please..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys my pc has vista on and it cant read the FlashFXP, how do I get it to work on the laptop.
    thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi. i flashed box with dk v1 and follewed instructions. found s.s.1 channel and pressed info button for 3 seconds and epc style page poped uf. black screen and no channels. so opened flash fxp. opened 'var' folder,then keys folder,then dumped the key file in. i wasn't sure what 'scee'files were so i dummped the two 'fqf' files in. restarted, rescanned, but still the same. do i need to dump the four 'dat' and the 'configuration settings' files in aswell, or am i totaly off track? any help would be appreciated as i am a total newby to this box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am not being able to flash my dreambox 500C. Problem i am having is that the Ethernet port does not detect the dreambox. When i conect other devices it the LAN port works fine. I am having the same problem in my laptop and desktop. My friends laptop works fine though. Please help me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FlashFXP 2 Dream..communication verified via DCC?

Is there a menu mode that the Drembox should be in io order to receive external LAN communication? All of the configuration settings seem to be correct.
    Last edited by Bacon; 25th February, 2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Only opening communication with the Dreambox is left remaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Dreambox Telnet issue..

The owners manual only indicates to press the red remote button; but, that doesn`t get me into the teletext menu in the receiver. Is there some special way I must log ito this menu? Current sucsessful attempts to ping (pc to ird) still leaves me unable to connect with DCC or FTP programs.
    You`d be most kind to assist and any info will be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

right first i couldnt connect and its taken about a week to figure out what i was doing wrong,then my connection kept dropping,just figured out what i was doing wrong there too.Now im stuck again,im trying to transfer files over and it wont let me,what am i doing wrong? am i trying to send the wrong files over or something because im definatly trying to send them to the right place
    Last edited by anitajd; 7th March, 2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: problem solved but new problem arisen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks

Many thanks guys.
    This is gr8
    Pls what next after completing this process?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default newbie

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    theres also terrapin ftp in downloads m8
    hi i have just purchased a starview combo not really know anything about this i currently have a itgate200 but wanted the hd will i just need the file here to make the new box work on cable signal

thank you in antisipaton of response
    all very daunting do not want to kill my new box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Canot get pass the connected to

Ok, please some help. As at the moment I have ripped all muy hair out and I am know bald.

Ok I had the old Digital Worlds 2.0 image and thought let me try and have a go of the dk1.1 image.

I flashed this using dreamup to my box no probs however took it downstairs plugged it in to my tv an bank screen. Thats my first mistake I thin, (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

SO I brought it back and reflashed again.

I have just tried to FTP with flashfxp about 20 times now and it keeps coming back connection failed.

Should I have more patient and allow it delay for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt number 21 or am I missing something

Please advise?

Thanks in advance J

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey tommo, great info really made up, the problem i have is i can't see what file you have dragged over, really appreciate it if u can let me know

cheers bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast