Guide: How to use FlashFXP to FTP to your Dreambox
Register
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    thommo

Default Guide: How to use FlashFXP to FTP to your Dreambox

right ive seen too many people thinking that they need to add a new image, nothing is further from the truth, you only need to add the new fix file to your old image.

now im presuming that some people might find the idea of flash fxp (ftp) a bit daunting if they have not used it before so heres a little help.

this is based on my set up of pc/router/dreambox . pc goes to router,dreambox goes to router (note the ethernet lead port on the back of your dreambox.)

right to start we need to fire up flash fxp, it will look like this once you start it.

once its opened you will see on the right hand box a sybol that looks like a thunder strike, click on that then quick connect and you will see a box like this.

right at this part you need your ip addy of your dream box, to find this go into the menu on your dreambox, scroll to setup then scroll down to expert setup,then communication setup, theres your dream box ip, write it down and go back to your flash fxp.

enter your ip into the server or url box.
    under user name enter root
    under password enter dreambox
    click connect.

presto a list of files from your dreambox should appear in that right hand box that looks like the pic below, you are connect to your dream, good job!!.

now we need to navigate to var, look down that list of files in the right hand box till you see var, click on it, now you should see a list of new files, look down that list and you will see keys, click on that, again a new list of files will appear like this.

the files on the left hand side are the files on your PC, the files on the right are the files on your dreambox. Using the left mouse button, click and hold on the file you want to transfer then drag it over to the right side. Remember to navigate to the folder you want the file to go in to first. The file will then be transferred.

once this is done shut down the fxp software and reboot your box and or emu.

congrats you,ve just fixed your box and not spent a penny doing it.
    Last edited by Devilfish; 26th October, 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Great guide thommo, thanks.

Remember if you've disabled your AU in the camd_cfg file, you'll need to enable it.

Code:
    # AU
    #    00 is ignored (default)
    #    01 enable AU
    #    02 AU Auto
    A: { 02 }
    There's a copy of FlashFXP here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - FlashFXP v3.0.2

----------------------------

Also here's a wee note regarding ip addresses.

Cables - if you are connecting the dreambox direct to the PC, you need a 'crossover ethernet cable'. If you are connecting it via a router, a 'standard', 'patch' or 'crossover' ethernet cable can be used.

See the attached pic.

The circled areas are called the 'subnet'. Think of this as a street name and the last number of the ip address is the house number. The subnet is basically your network address. If you want each device to talk each other, they need to be on the same network, i.e. have the same subnet.

So all your devices need to start 192.168.0 or 192.168.1, you can't have both.

Chances are your router ip address will be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

The best and easiest way to connect the dreambox to the internet is to connect it to one of the ports on your router. This way the dreambox has access to the internet even when your PC is switched off. If you want to connect it to the net through an additional nic in your PC, you will have to enable internet sharing so that the 2nd nic connects to the net through the 1st nic. It's a pain in the ass so I suggest connecting the dream to your router, if possible.

Let's assume you do this.

Go back to the pic, in the Gateway: section, you need to put the ip address of your router in here. Your router will be the dreamboxes gateway to the internet and it needs to know where it is. Forget about the nameserver just now, that's used if you have DHCP enabled.

For exmaple...

Router - 192.168.1.1
    PC - 192.168.1.2
    Dream - 192.168.1.3
    Laptop1 - 192.168.1.4
    Laptop2 - 192.168.1.5
    Gaming adapter for 360 - 192.168.1.6

etc etc etc...you get the idea. Each device is a house on your street.

If you're not sure what your router ip address is, open your browser and start typing in the following ip addresses one by one. The one that brings up a username and password box is the routers ip address.

If you're conencting the dreambox direct to your PC, you don't need to put anything in the Gateway or Nameserver sections, leave these blank. You only need to make sure that the dreambox and PC are on the same subnet and also have a different last number.

For example,

Dreambox - 192.168.1.5
    PC - 192.168.1.6

To change the ip address of your network, you need to go to:

Control Panel
    Network Connections
    right click on network adapter and select properties
    Select the TCP/IP tab and select properties

Usually if you use that ethernet port on your PC for the internet, in this page, the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' will be checked. You need to choose the next option down from this 'Assign an IP address'. Enter in the IP address in the example above. Then go to your dreambox and enter in the dreambox example above and reboot the dream.

All going well you should now get a connection when you connect using your ftp program.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devilfish; 22nd August, 2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devilfish For This Useful Post:

Fir3b0t (5th August, 2013), ozzy30 (9th June, 2014), YOKOUCHI (20th August, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice one thommo this was exactly what i have been looking for and its very easy to understand.
    P.S. if anyone is wondering where to get flash FXP i got it here and its free.
    http://www.download.com/FlashFXP/300...html?tag=lst-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default connection failed

hi every thing is going ok untill i try to connect and it failes any one got any ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

where do i input the ip and other stuff on the dreambox its self? i cant find wher e it goes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Hi, thanks for the easy step by step instructions managed to follow them great.

Does this mean the problem has been sorted and i dont have to keep putting new keys in?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

the fix is on the top of the page m8
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have done that. all is working ok.

is this the end of it or will it be expected to go off again?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No-one can give you a real answer to that mate.

One thing for sure is that it is NOT permanent, it will not last forever.

Cable providers are constantly trying to find ways to knock our decoders offline, it's only a matter of time before they do it again.

Could be tomorrow, could be in a years time, one thing is for sure though and that is it will eventually fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i get a corrupt file when i extrace flash fxp, extracting with winrar
    any ideas?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Corrupt download mate, try again mate

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

theres also terrapin ftp in downloads m8
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

thommo

Quote Originally Posted by tony30uk View Post
    i get a corrupt file when i extrace flash fxp, extracting with winrar
    any ideas?
    first page link to outside source too.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...=1307#post6779

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, right where do i start..I have a laptop with a wireless internet connection, a wireless router(obviously) and a DM500C dreambox with the "dream" or menu button not working for some strange reason. Ive downloaded flash fxp, ive connected the dreambox to my router using the ethernet cable that came with the router, im assuming the laptop doesn,t have to be connected to anything seein as its a wireless connection???..question(s) are: can I fix this without the menu button working? and im I connecting the equipment up correctly. any advice is very much apreciated.

Thanks ( a very frustrated scurders!! )

Oh and "hail hail" witchy2k1 nice to see a fellow tim.
    Last edited by thommo; 14th April, 2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: posts merged.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Reboot your Dreambox then have a look in your router and see what IP address your Dreambox has, then just enter the address into your FTP software

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast