Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ford/Mazda VCM Unlocking

Hi Guys,

I have an odd one for you. My spare IDS VCM was "borrowed" from the back door of a dealer in the USA. I went to pay for updates and it will not allow me too. It says contact Rotunda blah blah. I called them and they told me it was registered to so and so Ford in America.

On the IDS screen it says that the subscription has run out and asks for a code, when you click no it just shuts down. I know the VCM is 100% original and I use daily on LR/JAG.

My question is does anyone have a crack/patch to unlock the software.

Am running IDS V68.

LD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi new to this forum. So do I have to have special wires to plug it into the engine???

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

NO, BUT check with other members first TRY flashing the head to something else and see if that kills it, eg another model

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My friend if you VCM is built on USA you need update the VCM because the version 68 have a code for lock all the VCM not suscribes on the Database, for unlock you need only register and update but the cost is $500 dolar at year.

Good luck

P.D. you can do that on this page http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...il_renewal.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It does exactly the same no matter what version is installed, the VCM is old. But due to it being nicked from dealer Motorcraft will not allow me to pay for any updates on it.

I have tried flashing both ways, connects like normal but when you connect to vehicle says the software is expired.

It is my back up VCM which is why I wont spend any money on it.

LD

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

pm member diagnose64 ask him

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My friend try to reinstall the IDS software but change the date of the PC and the BIOS for the date of release the version of you try install, before of try to install unistall the already installed version and clean the registry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    pm member diagnose64 ask him

Thanks mate, have tried before about buying another consult vi and he didnt answer.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think you should try to take a completley new installation (also clear registry entries) and install the last software which works on your IDS diagnostic head!
    Install the software, check if it's working, then install fakedate.exe (look for it in net) the you shouldn't have a problem with Date expiration.
    I'sure in near future there will bi a possibility to work with your VCM also on newer Software Revisions
    enjoy and have Fun
    Tom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have you got a good copy of fake date you can upload?

I do not like downloading from google.

I have tried fresh instalations and makes no difference.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

the VCM has to be de-registered by the previous owner before you can register it and pay for updates in the US system. $500 per year EVERY YEAR including the years not updated before you had it.
    OR
    de registered in the US and registered as owned in europe at 125 euros per month per dealership regardless of however many VCM's you have.
    OR
    there was someone up t'north reflashing them and using the chinese software (ebay), but you can never update them with a later version of IDS or they timeout again.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nutloose View Post
    the VCM has to be de-registered by the previous owner before you can register it and pay for updates in the US system. $500 per year EVERY YEAR including the years not updated before you had it.
    OR
    de registered in the US and registered as owned in europe at 125 euros per month per dealership regardless of however many VCM's you have.
    OR
    there was someone up t'north reflashing them and using the chinese software (ebay), but you can never update them with a later version of IDS or they timeout again.
    mines clne running at versionb 67 and it works fine...the calibration file sre nbo tlonger on thew disk it goe sout to server for them so i open internet once im at the flash screen and reflash and sut it down cause iot does go out an dlook for updates and it WILL update itslef! but i wont let it....but i have clone working fine at verions 67 or i use older cal files from disk v65...68 scares me a bit but well see....it wont cause anythign but a reinstall or older software so ill let ya know

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

the calibration files are on the discs I get.
    along with updated files for the VCM and VMM

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nutloose View Post
    the calibration files are on the discs I get.
    along with updated files for the VCM and VMM
    yes ours are done online there for the cal files atre not there. can you pleae rip your disk an dpost it please so i dont have to go onlin to get them and risk updaeting please

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uhaulkid View Post
    yes ours are done online there for the cal files atre not there. can you pleae rip your disk an dpost it please so i dont have to go onlin to get them and risk updaeting please
    uhaulkid would you plz post on v66 and 67.i can,t find them anywhere.now im on v65 soon need to update to 66 .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast