Honda Key Code Generator - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

well the calculator says to input this way MM/DD/YY but after all else failed i tried it this way YY/DD/MM and it worked. I wasn't trying to develop anything. I don't do alot of immo work. They say a blind squirrel finds a nut one in awhile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some corrections to my previous messages

the 1st password is independent of VIN and day, it depends on year. Honda generator generates it for year 2009 or 2008, check it for yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

the next one i do i will try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the password is different for each region. not confirmed

for Europe it's changed not so frequently.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can anyone help with how to use winhex to modify honda code gen. Thanks for any help

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

here you go....
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

airbag dude (3rd June, 2014), ayman waleed (1st November, 2020), b16a4 (8th May, 2022), DX AUTO (3rd April, 2023), fraserauto (4th August, 2023), hbalazs (6th February, 2018), JJ77 (12th June, 2016), uu161 (4th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default PCM swap and registration

Hope this experience could help others...

This is second attempt to configure another PCM on Honda. First time tried new PCM with CarDaq and HDS, did not have H.I.M. , had to send to dealer. This time 2004 Civic replacing PCM with used for O2 heater driver failure. HDS wrote proper VIN to donor PCM, but couldn't "register" in IMMOBI without PIN. So apparently now since could not complete procedure, original PCM now won't run either, not registered. Thanks for PM help getting generator..

Reading about first and second PINs here, and how date sensitive somehow? Is the first code just internal for HDS? After all the car doesn't know the date, and the second # is really the PCM unlock code? Is the PCM unlock code in the IMMO or in the PCM? What happens if PCM VIN # is changed? DR says use a certain 1st code for 2010, what am I missing? Having trouble understanding the basics I guess.. Thanks to all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks to all, especially yellowstilo and drdupery for sharing your valuable time and knowledge. Wanted to share my experience with this, hope to help us all better understand. Noticed doing research on iATN and other places, that most everyone has to take these Hondas to the dealer, locksmiths can't do this either.

Very grateful for DK, and hope to share more. Was wondering if many others have been getting into module repair, like instrument clusters, ABS modules, etc. I've learned a lot the past few years, and would be glad to share with others, maybe a new thread if there's interest?

Short story:

Worked perfect first time (both times) restored OE PCM, and then also donor PCM. "New" PCM also fixed O2 heater fault. Not knowing if current 2011 date would work, bumped date back to 2010. Generator would not open easily on my Win7 notebook hooked to HIM. Didn't try again, but opened on another (XP) box with date set back also. Have not WinHex-ed yet, 3 day trial got us going for now. I input the date 021300, like the good Dr mentioned for 2010 MMDDYY. All I needed was the first "Honda PCM Code", noticed how that stayed the same for more attempt counter, along with Immo 1st password D2CEB, which Dr and others say is wrong, should be 1EFE0. Apparantly all these codes are just to allow HDS to work, not stored at all in the car. I don't see reason why we would need the other passwords/codes, probably don't want to find out either. Maybe if you needed to save keys that were not present? Or getting "locked out" somehow worse than I was? Looking forward to using it again, wonder it way to use current date. Thanks to all !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GET A SBB YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BS

There are plenty of SBB on eBay, for around $300 no need to deal with this Honda code bullshit.

The SBB also does alot more, it works on Nissan/Infiniti very well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by automite View Post
    There are plenty of SBB on eBay, for around $300 no need to deal with this Honda code bullshit.

The SBB also does alot more, it works on Nissan/Infiniti very well.
    I'm more into powertrain, controls and driveability than messing with keys. I know a locksmith that has all kinds of key hardware and stuff, but he could not "register" a replacement PCM in a Honda. He can make and add keys, like I can with a clone T300. Have you seen SBB able to replace a PCM in a Honda? I'm thinking it might not, the dealer systems are the only way(?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

kevinb2u

All is correct.
    The 1st password is only needed by HDS to start operate. 1st password allows to add 1 key, rewrite all keys and some minor operations. PCM code is needed for more powerful operations - for example - all keys lost, replace PCM. 1st password is changed once per year. PCM code depends of last 5 digits of VIN and computers date on which HDS is running. PCM can be replaced only with HDS and hardware interface (for example HIM) as specific registration procedures are required. Locksmith tools cannot do that.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

hi can you please help me get this sorted.
    after 3 wrong atempts my him is now locked.
    i re installed on new computer with version 2.021.008 update him to v13a
    my pc date is 19 may 2010
    i am now on atempt 18 to unlock the him and getting woried vin of car is 06027. i am using the honda acura generator but i am stuck and need to get this car moving quick.
    please help if you can
    regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

see my post in that thread
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...d-help-202339/
    There is my explanation regarding the problem 'HIM is locked'

15. The Following User Says Thank You to drdupery For This Useful Post:

purdy (5th November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Changed ignition switch (w/2 new keys) on 2002 Honda Oddyssey. Used HIM with all keys lost procedure, even though, I had a good working key. Original switch was hard to turn sometimes. The honda calculator gave me wrong pin using date format MMDDYY. But tried YYDDMM and gave right pin ;o). I din't follow the add new key procedure so I don't know if the MMDDYY format could work, I will try next time on another one instead of using all keys lost.
    Last edited by Gutz; 6th July, 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I did it again.

Hi. I did it again. I locked my HIM at 94. I'm using HDS 2.024.005,Oct 27 2010. If someone can help that would be great. 2009 Honda Accord vin is 55189. I don't do many Honda's , so I forget if I need to set my computer back to 2008,when I try. This wasn't done on one vehicle. It was over time that it's at this 94th try. All other vehicles were 2007 and older. So I used aftermarket key programmer. It go's to 08's. And this vehicle is 09. Also,does anyone know if this Him will reset after 100 tries. Or is this locked for good this time?? Thanks for any and all help. Rob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast