Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Honda Key Code Generator

I just wanted to post that if you are having trouble getting the pin code for the Immo it's caused by the date you need to input. It says to input the date this way( MMDDYY ) but you need to enter it this way ( YYDDMM ) and you will get the right pin. I only by chance tried it that way cause i didn't know what to do. Wasted half a day till i got it to work.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Honda Key Code Generator

Yes you are right

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

What date do you put in ? Is it the date the car was first registered?

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adam28 View Post
    What date do you put in ? Is it the date the car was first registered?

Cheers
    No the current date

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

many thanks for clearing that issue up

best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. Does anyone know how to reset the attempt counter for HDS. I'm at 36 and the key generator only goes to 25. I'm having problem with last couple vehicles. I just reinstalled HDS to see if that will do it. Or is it the pcm that's doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

in fact, the format is correct MMDDYY
    just input 00 onstead of 10 for year 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    Hey. Does anyone know how to reset the attempt counter for HDS. I'm at 36 and the key generator only goes to 25. I'm having problem with last couple vehicles. I just reinstalled HDS to see if that will do it. Or is it the pcm that's doing it.
    the behavior has been changed from version to version, for example HDS 2.016 HDS 2.018 don't use attempt counter for the 1st pass. You need to know for which version generator was developed, just try any VIN number and you will get the same 1st pass each time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

there are some conclusions analyzing internal structures of HDS 2.021

the locked status due to many times passwords were entered incorrectly is stored in HIM, the times the 1st password are used is stored also in HIM, that prevents from using same date for every use.

you could try to return to early version of HDS in order to program HIM with old version that probably will help to clear internal stored flags directly in your HIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So drdupery, your saying if I go back to one of those two and reload it and reflash him to it that will reset counter. And can I go back to version 2.021.008. Or will it screw it up again? I tried to remove and reinstall 2.021 but that didn't help. It just picked up where it left off with 38 on counter. Also do I need to remove the key generator or will it be alright. When I installed it with Winhex I don't know what version of HDS I was using at the time. I just kept updating HDS as I got it..I just throught as long as it's unlocked (key gen)to use it's.it's ok. I will try an earlier version of HDS. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drdupery View Post
    in fact, the format is correct MMDDYY
    just input 00 onstead of 10 for year 2010
    Wish i knew to input 00 but no matter i got it to work in the end that's all that matters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    Wish i knew to input 00 but no matter i got it to work in the end that's all that matters
    factor 10 are used for year 2010 due to changing in formula that honda was introduced in 2010, the generator was developed early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    So drdupery, your saying if I go back to one of those two and reload it and reflash him to it that will reset counter. And can I go back to version 2.021.008. Or will it screw it up again? I tried to remove and reinstall 2.021 but that didn't help. It just picked up where it left off with 38 on counter. Also do I need to remove the key generator or will it be alright. When I installed it with Winhex I don't know what version of HDS I was using at the time. I just kept updating HDS as I got it..I just throught as long as it's unlocked (key gen)to use it's.it's ok. I will try an earlier version of HDS. Thanks
    What version of HDS are you using?
    The status of immo functions locked or not is stored in HIM so reinstalling HDS won't help.
    Flashing the HIM probably will help to clear stored values in HIM.
    The HDS didn't depends on generator so you haven't to remove generator.
    Try to use early version of HDS you'll find, it will be good to use version before 2.015 (HIM DB version 1.0x)
    Last edited by drdupery; 26th August, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did. It did not work. I'm at count 50. I went as far as 2.002 I think. I reflashed twice. Once with it pluged in outlet and then with vehicle connected. Think the Him just went bad?? It reads any and all codes ,other modules and stuff like that. Just won't do keys or reset pcm. Just won't reset counter back to zero. Hell ,anything below 25 would be great right now.I removed all of HDS on computer,ran couple clean upsoftware too. And ran ford ids cleanup software everytime I tried loading earlier HDS. Still the same thing, counter not resetting. Please any and all HELP would be GREAT!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

bad news...
    what version shows Interface Device Software (if you press in HDS F12 key) ?
    You could try to use another computer in case attempt counter also was stored at computer.

p.s. and remember it seems that honda generator generates incorrectly 1st pass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast