Nokia dbox 2 - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia dbox 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it worth buying an Nokia DBOX2 for 20 Eur. Is there still a chance to unlock any channel over lan or cc.
    I'm a newbee so any help would be appriciated, also I don't have much money to spend thats why I am asking for the best cheap way I can find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

wow this is an old post been dug up , anwser to ur question about the dbox save ur money they will only give u fta channels now, ur best bet is goin down the kv/sv way coz the only way now is c/s..

A LITTLE THANX GOES A LONG WAY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Guys,

I have just pulled out my Nokia dbox2 from cupboard, give it a dusting and powered up, flashed Commando 12 to it. It provided a great service to me until VM changed to N3 encryption, and i had gotten very attached to it and would love to get it working once again.

After many hours reading through DK forums and trying loads of differing setups, all I get is a few FTA channels. Yep!! I know I was told.

However!!!

I'm sure most of you will think this is a very stupid question, will give some of you a good laugh. Please dont ROFL. What have I go to lose?

Has anyone tried flashing a dbox2 with a dreambox image??
    Similar operating system, similar hardware, worth a try. Of course I will back up first. What do you think? Will it kill my dbox forever.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Itchy fingers

Hi,

I went ahead without any expert opinions and yes you guessed right it dont work!

Dont anyone try to flash a dbox2 with dreambox image as it screws up the dbox.

Luckily for me the Hallenberg assistant resurrected it, didn't even need a null modem cable, just ethernet (extremely lucky). Oh well, keeps me out the wifeys hair.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to storming For This Useful Post:

stualdo (19th February, 2015)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

I suppose they are still usefull if you don't have a terrestrial aerial, or sat dish. They can still be used for getting the basic channels.

I've still got a couple of boxes here. Haven't used them for a year or so. Just out of interest, I might fire one up to see what's still available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12