Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts

The term "Service mode" is used for 2 different things.

1) If you don't have a valid carkey for the cluster, you need to disable/destroy the immo data in the eeprom to be able to access it.
    This is called put in service mode, but personally I think the term is wrong. Just say "disable immo".

2) For 24C32 clusters you can unlock them using only an eeprom modification. This means cluster will be service level 7 and you can fully read/write it if you have proper tool.
    This is also called put in service mode, and I think this one is the correct one.

Rgs H2Deetoo

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to H2Deetoo For This Useful Post:

amigokola (8th May, 2017), daniersms (8th May, 2017), Dejfat (22nd January, 2018), km6464 (19th January, 2018), raf0468 (8th May, 2017), sendreq (8th May, 2017), steveleo (8th May, 2017), talk2idris (2nd June, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

For 24C64 this eep modification still exists, too. But you need info from flash to do it. But nowadays you can do all this stuff via obd, so no more direct eep connection needed. And i honestly don't know any other way to put a 24c64 to SL7 if not by diag.

Anyway reviving a thread that old -> gravedigger... (Not to H2Deetoo, to you a thx for the explanation)

Quote Originally Posted by H2Deetoo View Post
    The term "Service mode" is used for 2 different things.

1) If you don't have a valid carkey for the cluster, you need to disable/destroy the immo data in the eeprom to be able to access it.
    This is called put in service mode, but personally I think the term is wrong. Just say "disable immo".

2) For 24C32 clusters you can unlock them using only an eeprom modification. This means cluster will be service level 7 and you can fully read/write it if you have proper tool.
    This is also called put in service mode, and I think this one is the correct one.

Rgs H2Deetoo

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts

Correct. You cannot put a 24c64 cluster in sl7 with only an eeprom file, you always need the key from flash and that can only be done by OBD.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts

very nice post with good explanation

once again thanks to all of you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi and thanks a lot for your posts :-)

i have some questions about the service mode:

the audi a3 2011 has the 24c32 with micronas and can be set to service mode via 24c32 flash with mod bin file.

in service mode with security access 7 is it possible to do a full dump of the micronas with vag can pro (vcp)?
    or is it maybe possible to do the full dump with a genuine basic avdi (no extra feature activated) ?

the goal is to get immo data and read pin ( got a valid car key )

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts

If cluster is VDO NEC 24C32 then you can write SL7 directly to eeprom.
    Any reasonable quality tool is then able to access that cluster, read eeprom, immo, flash etc.
    But in the end it all depends on what the tool allows you to do etc.etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12