DreamboxEdit Guide - Page 8
Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi all. im trying to ftp a new version of a bouquet but dbe is asking to check my username and password. ive not had a problem before, they are both root and dreambox by the way. the only explanantion may be that im using port forwarding on my router to view the box away from home on the laptop via vlc player. therefore ports 21 and 80 are assigned to the box ip....is this interfering with my using port 21 from my laptop?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zevrep View Post
    hi all. im trying to ftp a new version of a bouquet but dbe is asking to check my username and password. ive not had a problem before, they are both root and dreambox by the way. the only explanantion may be that im using port forwarding on my router to view the box away from home on the laptop via vlc player. therefore ports 21 and 80 are assigned to the box ip....is this interfering with my using port 21 from my laptop?

It should not interfere with it at all as DBedit connects via the usual ports whether open or not externally, Which brings me to another matter you do realise that opening the 2 most common ports externally opens you up for attack by any roving port bots looking for these being open, There was one not long ago that originated from Isreal just to give you the heads up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi ive followed instructions and edited channel list , saved it and sen it to box , it says successfully sent , but when i reboot the box , the channel list hasnt changed please help im using a dm500hd running pli image . thanks

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Have u choosed the right settings for the enigma ur box have?

Sent From Tapatalk 4
    Galaxy S CyanogenMOD 10.1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes its set to enigma 2 for dm500hd ive edited the list and sent it ok but cant see it on box , have been reading that it could be because enigma 2 is running and i need to turn it off then send list then turn it on again , when i select reboot in dbe it doesnt reboot i have to do it using remote control . network settings are all ok between pc and dreambox , thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its finally gone on , didnt do anything different , just rebooted using dbe and this time it reboot and put edited list on , thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in future if i want to edit catseyes channel list , do i first have to put them on box and then receive them from box to dbe ? or can i edit the list before i send them to box ? if so how do i view the list on dbe ? thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    in future if i want to edit catseyes channel list , do i first have to put them on box and then receive them from box to dbe ? or can i edit the list before i send them to box ? if so how do i view the list on dbe ? thanks

Load into DBE first and then edit save and transfer to box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it says
    Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password.
    Disconnecting.
    Disconnected.
    what should i do????
    i used
    username root
    password dreambox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

tried many times over,struggling to see what im doing wrong nowadays,memory and health dont help,have recent catseyes file,any help appreciated,thanks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678