DreamboxEdit Guide
Register
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default DreamboxEdit Guide

Here is how to upgrade your Dreambox with the latest up-to-date Bouquets, Using the App DreamboxEdit (Found In The Download Section) All you need to do is manually edit your Regional channels (BBC & ITV) Info on how to later in tutorial.

Step 1 :- Open DreamboxEdit

Step 2 :- Now click Options Logo or (Tools > Options)

This section will appear, OK time to insert your Dreambox details (Only need to do this once).

IP of Dreambox :- Whatever your IP, Your Dreambox uses to access the Internet (Usually found in Network settings on Dreambox)

Username = root | Password = dreambox | These are the default settings input as I have or unless you changed them manually enter what you changed them to.

Enigma1 = Dreambox 500, 600, 7020 Users Click Satellite Receiver (Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Enigma2 = Dreambox 500 HD, 800, 8000 Users Click Enigma2 Settings (Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /etc/enigma2/

Click on Advanced Tab and make sure Display 'Reboot Dreambox' option on FTP screen is ticked

Click save and thats you done with this bit.

Step 3 :- Now click Open Icon, or (File > Open) Browse your Downloaded Bouquet and click OK, Will Look like the image below

Changing Regional Channels, Find your Regional Channel and drag it across from left column into the middle column and delete the one you don't want (Do this for BBC & ITV channels) make sure you click save.

Step 4 :- Ready to send files to Dreambox now. Click FTP icon or (File > FTP)

First set out exactly how I have Untick all 3 boxes at the bottom left.

Select IP Settings Set :- Make sure the profile you created is chosen.

Now click 'Send Files To Dreambox' Let it do its job, It should say complete.

Next click 'Reload Settings On Dreambox' Again let it do its job, It should say complete.

Finally click 'Reboot Dreambox' and by now your new settings should be uploaded to your Dreambox

The End.
    Last edited by SGTFlipFlop; 6th December, 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Updated guide due to DBE change

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SGTFlipFlop For This Useful Post:

gaelicred (6th May, 2013), horsefly (6th April, 2013), madas26 (18th March, 2014), manager (8th October, 2013), SCOTCHKDY (22nd November, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Right, tried this, seem's when I hit reload setting's ( this might take a few mins ) It say's command ready, nothing happens, so I waited bout 5 min's, then decided to hit reboot to see if anything happen's. Now all I have is a flashing Darkstar logo.Also cannot connect to ip now. Suppose I may reflash, any advice ?
    Ok, I was able to send my old list back to dreambox with the same method, so what am I missing? Only difference I can see, is I've got an extra box unticked ( picon's ). I've a dm 500s, set to Enigma1.
    Just had a look in expert setting's, should I have auto bouquet change enabled ?
    Last edited by reddevil157; 20th October, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil157 View Post
    Right, tried this, seem's when I hit reload setting's ( this might take a few mins ) It say's command ready, nothing happens, so I waited bout 5 min's, then decided to hit reboot to see if anything happen's. Now all I have is a flashing Darkstar logo.Also cannot connect to ip now. Suppose I may reflash, any advice ?
    Ok, I was able to send my old list back to dreambox with the same method, so what am I missing? Only difference I can see, is I've got an extra box unticked ( picon's ). I've a dm 500s, set to Enigma1.
    Just had a look in expert setting's, should I have auto bouquet change enabled ?
    When you open the advanced tab make sure you have the allow duplicate entries in bouquet tab ticked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goose68 View Post
    When you open the advanced tab make sure you have the allow duplicate entries in bouquet tab ticked.

Makes no difference that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goose68 View Post
    that only really applies to bouquet packs such as the B16MCC pack so that it follows the sky uk channel listing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this should be made a sticky,as i have used this for months and found it very useful indeed,as it saves time tunning all then sats manually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When I open dreamboxedit, I only get two panes. I don't seem to get the bouquet pane. I can transfer to the STB without a problem.

Could someone point out how to enable this pane. I'm using version 4.0.1.0

Many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

and also check ftp and telnet are enabled on the dream,thats the problem i had,great guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil157 View Post
    Thanks for the had work SGT but I get the same as above, flashing logo and have to reflash image. Tried other BOQ and they seem to be ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SOLUTION

Anyone having problems should try DREAMSET232 - Worked first time around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

when i try to do step three and click open it processes however i cannot see the bouqets under tv user bouqets, therefore when i send the files my box stays the same, can anyone help please?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I make reset factoy on my dreambox 800 ,and I lost all my channels an bouquet on it .What should i do to turn them back. Could any one help me with that mater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
    Hi,

when i try to do step three and click open it processes however i cannot see the bouqets under tv user bouqets, therefore when i send the files my box stays the same, can anyone help please?

Thanks
    I don't understand this? Please explain more mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default bouquet edit

the screenshots off the dreambox edit guide have disappeared...such a brilliant guide too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griffi137a View Post
    the screenshots off the dreambox edit guide have disappeared...such a brilliant guide too
    Still there for me mate

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SGTFlipFlop For This Useful Post:

fawlks (22nd June, 2014)

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast