How to: enable OFFLINE programming mode in newest DAS
Register
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Exclamation How to: enable OFFLINE programming mode in newest DAS

"Offline" programming in newest DAS version - You need ? - Good! It's very simple - copy this file to

F:\Programme\DAS\trees\pkw\flashen\ini
    (click yes, to replace existing).

And Be Happy !!!

if you not have this function for any concrete car - check first six VIN digits for this car, and add to this file in model section.
    for sample - to enable option for WDD221054 - add text string to file :
    221.054=YES

Regards,
    Ne0
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Ne0 For This Useful Post:

aalty (11th November, 2023), amgonly (17th September, 2019), arispaparis (18th March, 2019), arti1 (21st October, 2015), asterixvaovao (5th January, 2017), ChrisVonHertz (9th August, 2020), danielboom00 (15th April, 2015), deppen (8th November, 2017), DILIAN_1 (26th March, 2023), Dimm27 (27th December, 2022), FiasC0 (1st August, 2019), gosha100 (28th July, 2021), malok75 (29th November, 2020), Mario6 (15th March, 2023), mariusmilanezu (13th May, 2013), Matt1az (8th October, 2022), mazbus78 (17th March, 2019), milayim (21st May, 2013), MOBILTRONIC (1st November, 2017), pat9080 (12th January, 2024), PETERALC506 (16th December, 2014), regulus (8th August, 2020), RomanDon (2nd May, 2016), RUSLAUTOEL (1st November, 2017), Salkhi (14th March, 2023), Schrauber2023 (3rd November, 2023), shuriy (1st May, 2018), Smiley75 (29th August, 2013), Stelaras26 (22nd April, 2020), tatyanka (3rd July, 2013), Tonda (5th February, 2014), trucker905 (27th December, 2020), V50Volvo (27th February, 2024), vionet (17th January, 2014), wojekkk (12th December, 2019), Yoso (5th March, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0 View Post
    "Offline" programming in newest DAS version - You need ? - Good! It's very simple - copy this file to

F:\Programme\DAS\trees\pkw\flashen\ini
    (click yes, to replace existing).

And Be Happy !!!

if you not have this function for any concrete car - check first six VIN digits for this car, and add to this file in model section.
    for sample - to enable option for WDD221054 - add text string to file :
    221.054=YES

Regards,
    Ne0
    thankyou,i want tuday test

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks for your share.

Just wondering does the offline option necessary?

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks mate !
    Just wondering...how this can help if you still need SCN coding ??!!
    And Offline SCN coding is disabled by Mercedes guys in many areas .
    As long as you are not a Mercedes dealer sound it is useless...correct me if I'm wrong.
    Best Regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cocutanu View Post
    Thanks mate !
    Just wondering...how this can help if you still need SCN coding ??!!
    And Offline SCN coding is disabled by Mercedes guys in many areas .
    As long as you are not a Mercedes dealer sound it is useless...correct me if I'm wrong.
    Best Regards
    This was shortly discussed at another thread but first of all, why would it not be useful with a later DAS release for those cars and control units that it used to be available on an earlier DAS release? The assumption must have been that SCN coding was not needed after the SW update (either version code manually or the settings remain unmodified an valid).

Another example could be telematics updates that may take hours. It is a lot cheaper to ask an MB workshop to SCN code the car than keep the car in their workshop for hours and have it SCN coded.

Just my guess though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB_member View Post
    This was shortly discussed at another thread but first of all, why would it not be useful with a later DAS release for those cars and control units that it used to be available on an earlier DAS release? The assumption must have been that SCN coding was not needed after the SW update (either version code manually or the settings remain unmodified an valid).

Another example could be telematics updates that may take hours. It is a lot cheaper to ask an MB workshop to SCN code the car than keep the car in their workshop for hours and have it SCN coded.

Just my guess though.
    As far as I know SCN or CVN coding was added to the cars back in 2003 if not earlier . The idea of OFFLINE coding was to be able to make SCN codings when you don't have an internet connection at your workshop to be able to perform this online. In both cases an SCN or CVN coding was required.
    Let's not confuse OFFLINE coding with simple CODINGS !
    Codings can be done with regular DAS or Developer DAS more deeply. Coding does not imply that you have to replace your unit software completly. If you have to make an Offline coding this implies to flash your unit with an updated software version or at least the same version which you have already (not sure if you will be able to downgrade your software) and then SCN code that one to be activated in your car. I'm not aware of any car which can be OFFLINE coded without the request for an SCN code.
    The only good point here is what you said about the time needed to do this. Yes , you can make OFFLINE coding with your system and then go back to the dealer and ask them to make an SCN coding for you...however are u sure they will not charge you the same amount as if it was done in their workshops ?
    Best Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,299 Posts

"...however are u sure they will not charge you the same amount as if it was done in their workshops ? "

very good optomistic view mate ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PremierD View Post
    "...however are u sure they will not charge you the same amount as if it was done in their workshops ? "

very good optomistic view mate ....
    Probably they will do this...you know how dealers are !
    Best Regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First need always is :
    programing

then coding!

The dealers never will try to code it,..then you to program it ourselves,..because its not possible!

offline programing is an ancient way of the service,..nowadays its better to use online services,...its safety,..and quickly
    Last edited by weryo; 15th November, 2010 at 09:48 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Talking

Probably they will do this...you know how dealers are !
    Best Regards
    YES m8.....
    They Charging about 35 ? - 40 ? and some others they offering On-Line SCN "Solution" for about:
    150 ?/SITUATION!!!

Regards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,299 Posts

I smell Setup here ......hope I am wrong people ... and so do you !!!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

set up what,..please be much more clear!
    Last edited by weryo; 15th November, 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't do much coding, so dont know much about it. But I had to flash trasmission control on 2006 S Class a while back because of some problems. Das warned that all models after Jan 2007 would require online SCN coding. Because it was 2006 I went ahead and updated ECU flash and then a screen came up saying it required SCN with a fax form to fill for SCN. I turned everything off and disconnected the battery for 5 mins. Connected up again and everything was ok, original fault fixed and no warning messages. Was this just a fluke or did the car not need SCN?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

[QUOTE=cocutanu;848275]As far as I know SCN or CVN coding was added to the cars back in 2003 if not earlier . The idea of OFFLINE coding was to be able to make SCN codings when you don't have an internet connection at your workshop to be able to perform this online. In both cases an SCN or CVN coding was required.
    Codings can be done with regular DAS or Developer DAS more deeply.
    /QUOTE]

The title was "off-line programming" and you seem to be talking about off-line coding. Isn't that some sort of a confusion?

I understand the official on-line approach is safe and overall quick but obviously not an option for everybody.

The dealer charges vary, of course I cannot guarantee others being charged less if only a portion of the work is done at the workshop but others cannot claim I would not gain from this. My dealer is very flexible, if they save their time, I pay less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

[quote=DB_member;848852]
    As far as I know SCN or CVN coding was added to the cars back in 2003 if not earlier . The idea of OFFLINE coding was to be able to make SCN codings when you don't have an internet connection at your workshop to be able to perform this online. In both cases an SCN or CVN coding was required.
    Codings can be done with regular DAS or Developer DAS more deeply.
    /QUOTE]

The title was "off-line programming" and you seem to be talking about off-line coding. Isn't that some sort of a confusion?

I understand the official on-line approach is safe and overall quick but obviously not an option for everybody.

The dealer charges vary, of course I cannot guarantee others being charged less if only a portion of the work is done at the workshop but others cannot claim I would not gain from this. My dealer is very flexible, if they save their time, I pay less.
    My bad my friend...just switch the word "coding" with "programming" in my previous post and you will have a new post here adapted to the title. Sorry for this.
    And yes you are right ..is case dependent !
    Be well

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast