Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default councils in this day and age are useless.....

How come in this day and age winter snow comes again brings everything too a stand still? We get the no local roads gritted or paths and too add too this closed schools and cancelled bin collections

I mean why do does the working class pay the council tax for???
    IM SORRY but i will never have any sympathy for maggie thatcher .... the bitch

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO SAY MY HEART AND RESPECT GOES OUT ALL BRITISH AND ALL ARMY TROOPS FIGHTING THE TERROR WHICH STILL BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT !

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

"People say football is a matter of life and death. I'm disappointed by that approach, I believe it is much more important than that - Bill Shankly" -
    YNWA

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I've come to the conclusion that paying the council tax is solely to keep council workers in WORK,
    and absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with providing services....

Yesterday, a JCB with shovel came into my cul-de-sac, to clear the road. It's been that bad that
    workers have had to park their cars on the main road for fear of getting stuck in the cul-de-sac.

I watched the JCB clearing the first part of the cul-de-sac.... it took no more in total than 20 minutes..
    However, the amount of times the Council worker stopped... to chat to fellow workers... and then
    stopped again for a break... one hour plus. To summarise... I've never seen such a SLOW worker in
    my life..

I spoke to the worker just as he started...to help by moving my car across to the other side, that
    he had cleared... so he could clear the bit where my car was... He told me, that for the last
    fortnight - he had been doing 12 hour shifts...every day... Well I'm no surprised at the rate
    he was moving...

I've always said that councils don't like using GRIT because it's an expense that doesn't pay the
    workers or keep jobs.

Sorry folks... rant over..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

they promised us they wouldnt be as bad as last year, they had plenty salt stored, but ive been travelling/sliding for 3 days on a main road that hasnt been gritted. i can understand not being able to do byroads but main roads...
    and ive seen them out since the frost started filling potholes, who the ~~~~ throws gravel and tar up on frost? they might as well pack the holes with snow, it would last longer....... grrrr, rant over, think happy thoughts

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

See where your coming from but think it like this:

Your $1000 (what ever) per year council tax, will only pay for one worker for a month
    (ish) - so if you think that the guy working a slow 12 hour shift - if he is on over time - getting your moneys worth out of it - along with his mates.

Again - would you want to go round emptying dog shit bins and dustbins etc for $1000 a month?

HTH

Meat.

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Hey Meat-Head

In answer to your question, I'd be delighted to empty dog sh1t bins for the Council, in fact, I'd
    shovel sh1t all day long for the Council... why you may ask? because there must be nothing better
    than having a secure reliable income, with good benefits terms and conditions... you only get in
    the public sector...

Just to add... starting basic for refuse collector is: ?16,500 /annum.

Last edited by bonus2010; 9th December, 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Just round the corner from me is a council 'base' - several containers where they come to get supplies for the job that day. So the street always has a few council vans in it. For the past week, they've been unable to do shit but just hang about like fannies smoking. Someone needs to give them a shuvel and tell them to get to work. They're probably not trained in the use of a shovel.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Some council worker would argue they need a ticket for a shovel. They are one lazy bunch of arstewards. And a well paid bunch at that.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can any of the Irish guys here tell these lads what they'll find a council worker doin with a shovel. i bet we've we've all seen em do it,

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Here in Meat-City the council work funny.

Sake of argument:-

Sparky needs to remove a bath panel to get access to floorboard under bath to fix
    a kitchem light that after 20 years has damaged wires from heat and chip fat say.

Sparky won't get paid for the 20 mins it takes to remove the bath panel - not his job.

Carpenter will get paid sake of argument $10 to remove and refit bath panel - has to travel across town 2 days running to do this.

Sparky grabs hammer, bashes hole in bath panel, lifts floor board up no problem.
    Carpenter gets job card and $50 to make new panel.

Second thing:-

Carpenter goes to fat unemployed persons house:-

Bedroom door catch broken clean off. 20 mins to swap get's paid say $10
    reason why door catch broken because door needs plaining - fat unemployed person keeps belly flopping on the door to open it every time.

Carpenter fits new catch, says 'I'm off' tot he Fat Unemployed man.
    Fat unemployed man not happy - door needs taking off and plaining.

Carpenter won't get paid to do this - not on job card

Fat Unemployed person rings up moans, new job card - same carpenter another day takes door off, plains it re-fits it - get's paid.

DF the word is 'Depot'
    Bonus 2010 - getting your money's worth then!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

The council does work funny..

Remember phoning Enviromental Services to report a wasps nest I had on my house wall...
    They agreed that they would come and 'sort it out'... so I asked... when would you be able to come?

Their reply... "Oh we can't tell you that..." After explaining that my back garden is secured.. and you wont be able to get in unless I'm there... their response was.."We'll leave a calling card if you're not in, and after three times... we'll allow for an appointment to be made.."

Does it make sense? A private company wouldn't operate in this way... that's because they don't have money and time to burn...

@Meat-Head.... I don't think I'm getting good value... if the JCB driver were my worker... he'd be sacked. I expect workers to take a break in between doing work... not the other way around, as I witnessed.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonus2010 View Post

@Meat-Head.... I don't think I'm getting good value... if the JCB driver were my worker... he'd be sacked. I expect workers to take a break in between doing work... not the other way around, as I witnessed.
    ring council and tell them

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

I was forced to add my opinions as Council workers are the bunch of cow bows they would not even give you any favour to pick your bins just some school children?s have knocked it down for a laugh, they are now charging ?10.00 to collect your extra rubbish and the Council tax have been going up every year and they are also earning extra money from car parks fees and traffic offences.

Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

north east england from the posh end of scotswood road
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Local councils always the same,its a bottomless pit of easy money for contractors to snuffle into like pigs at the trough,can you imagine how many backhanders are going on as well?Where theres public money involved there is always fiddles going on at EVERY level.i often wonder if everyone stopped nicking stuff ,and everyone worked a proper shift in the borough for a year what would be the saving?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    ring council and tell them
    One thing I'm not... and that is a super-grass. Oh.. I have complained to Councillors about services etc... but never name names or would attempt to get my fellow working man into trouble..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonus2010 View Post
    One thing I'm not... and that is a super-grass. Oh.. I have complained to Councillors about services etc... but never name names or would attempt to get my fellow working man into trouble..
    So sake of argument, your car caught fire just as you moved it and the useless cnut on the digger was too lasy to dump 2 ton of snow on it - would you be pisshed?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast