Register
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

hi . i couldnt copy my custom indie file from sd card to internal wii memory WITHOUT 1st having an indie save file on my wii - so i had to play the game from original disc and create a save on my wii with original indie game then quit the game and copy custom indie to internal memory of wii ( at this point the wii said i already had this save game in my internal memory and wouldnt let me copy over to internal so i deleted the original save from the game i played and then copied custom indie save to internal memory and it works perfectly , backed up a couple of my games and they work a treat. THANKS to the guys that take time to make the great tuts up !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Yes all this is explained in the "Installing HomeBrew & Bootmii..." of the guide I posted...

"Insert Indiana Jones ? Original Adventures into your Wii & attach the Wii Nunchuk to your controller.
    You will need to complete the first level (this is the hardest part of the Softmod process!!) ? Once you?ve escaped from the boulder chasing you & the new level loads, click the Home button on your Wii remote & select ?Wii Menu?. You will be asked if you really want to quit & that any saved data will be lost? this is fine as it should have already created a Save Game.

From the System Menu go to Wii Settings, Data Management, Save Games, Wii, SD
    Select your region Save Game (in my case it was Indiana PWNS EU) & go to Copy, hit Yes when you are asked whether you would like to copy the Save Game to your Wii Memory.
    Once it?s finished copying the Save Game over, delete the 3 Save Games from the SD card."

Glad you finally got there in the end!

Enjoy those Backed up games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

When I unzip 4.3 hack file I get the following.

C:\Documents and Settings\LAPTOP\My Documents\Downloads\4.3 hack files.rar: CRC failed in 4.3 hack files\ModPack.zip. The file is corrupt
    Documents and Settings\LAPTOP\My Documents\Downloads\4.3 hack files.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Should I ignore these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by northerngeezer View Post
    Hi,

When I unzip 4.3 hack file I get the following.

C:\Documents and Settings\LAPTOP\My Documents\Downloads\4.3 hack files.rar: CRC failed in 4.3 hack files\ModPack.zip. The file is corrupt
    Documents and Settings\LAPTOP\My Documents\Downloads\4.3 hack files.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Should I ignore these
    no download files again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done the soft mod upgrade following manonamissionblue's pdf tutorial. Everything went okay but when I tried to play a burnt ISO game backup, I got a "Disk read error 1167".

Should I assume after googling the error that my Wii is too new (bought on 1st Jan 2011) to read copied games.

If so do I need to go down the root of buying an external USB hard drive to run the copied game backups.

Any help and further guidance greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

try this to find what chip you've got. But your prob spot on only buying this year. Hdd is the only way, you'll be delighted when you do it. So simple and handy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've done the soft mod upgrade following manonamissionblue's pdf tutorial. Everything went okay but when I tried to play a burnt ISO game backup, I got a "Disk read error 1167".

Should I assume after googling the error that my Wii is too new (bought on 1st Jan 2011) to read copied games.

If so do I need to go down the root of buying an external USB hard drive to run the copied game backups.

Thankyou
    yes sounds like a hdd job.
    ok its gonna cost more money to start with but the savings will mount up over time and theres some nice looking loaders and usb loading is faster, hence smoother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys for your quick replies.

So am I right in saying that it is just simple as copying the ISO backups to the HDD and running them from there OR do I need to copy more files.

Again, sorry for being an idiot but any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks guys for your quick replies.

So am I right in saying that it is just simple as copying the ISO backups to the HDD and running them from there OR do I need to copy more files.

Again, sorry for being an idiot but any help appreciated.

Thanks.
    if i remember right this mod has usbloader gx so you can use a hdd formatted to wbfs and use wbfs manager or fat 32 and use wii backup manager to transfer backups, you can also use ntfs but never used it myself. both programs can be found in download section
    Last edited by ck-ok; 8th January, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Thankyou
    Bought one of these recently and good price at the moment.
    Bit bulky but does the job.

WD Elements External Hard Drive - 1TB at cheap prices | PC World

SEAGATE External Desktop Hard Drive - 1TB Black at cheap prices | PC World

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I bought a Wii off Ebay had homebrew installed got a couple of games with it downloaded my own put it in and it upgraded me to 4.3E and then nothing played, gutted and such a fool. Managed to get hold of Indianna off Ebay lots of cash for a game. Followed both tuts on here and now a happy chappy again so thanks to the guys for posting them. I also now have the option of a USB loader which I did not have before, so looking for info on loading my backups from that, I am sure I will find all I need on here.

Thanks guys

pothole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pothole View Post
    Well I bought a Wii off Ebay had homebrew installed got a couple of games with it downloaded my own put it in and it upgraded me to 4.3E and then nothing played, gutted and such a fool. Managed to get hold of Indianna off Ebay lots of cash for a game. Followed both tuts on here and now a happy chappy again so thanks to the guys for posting them. I also now have the option of a USB loader which I did not have before, so looking for info on loading my backups from that, I am sure I will find all I need on here.

Thanks guys

pothole
    Pretty sure a copy of Indy would have worked if it play copies if it has been modded before.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ck-ok View Post
    yes sounds like a hdd job.
    ok its gonna cost more money to start with but the savings will mount up over time and theres some nice looking loaders and usb loading is faster, hence smoother
    Can I load backups from the optical drive on wii with this mod? I have version 4.3U

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I had originally softmodded my wii and by accident updated to 4.2 e, Itr says in the instructions if you have home brew installed follow these instructions??...i did have homebrew but that disapered when i updated.
    Which instructions do i follow.....

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry it was 4.3e ...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast