Register
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Wii 4.3E/U softmod tutorial - Using Indiana Jones - Original Adventures

Nintendo Wii - 4.3E/U Softmod using Indiana Jones - Original Adventures

What you need:

1GB/2GB SD Card
    SD Card Reader (i.e. Digital Camera)
    Indiana Jones Original Adventures Wii Game (Original)
    Nintendo Wii loaded with 4.3E/U firmware.
    4.3 Hack files (link for these below)

Installing HomeBrew & Bootmii

First youre going to need to install the HomeBrew Channel. To do that you will need to get your hands on an original copy of Indiana Jones Original Adventures (NTSC-U/PAL)

Using your PC/Laptop, format the SD card to FAT32.
    Use a standard SD-Card, 2g or less
    Any problems formatting the SD Card try this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ormatter-1434/

For those who already have HomeBrew Channel go here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-working-1476/
    then follow this tutorial.

Download the hack from here Digital Kaos - Downloads - 4.3 hack files, unzip Hackmii_0.8_IP_SS_BB2.zip, and put onto SD card. Once files are loaded onto it, put the SD card into your Wii.

Insert Indiana Jones Original Adventures into your Wii & attach the Wii Nunchuk to your controller.
    You will need to complete the first level (this is the hardest part of the Softmod process!!) Once youve escaped from the boulder chasing you & the new level loads, click the Home button on your Wii remote & select Wii Menu. You will be asked if you really want to quit & that any saved data will be lost this is fine as it should have already created a Save Game.

From the System Menu go to Wii Settings, Data Management, Save Games, Wii, SD
    Select your region Save Game (in my case it was Indiana PWNS EU) & go to Copy, hit Yes when you are asked whether you would like to copy the Save Game to your Wii Memory.
    Once its finished copying the Save Game over, delete the 3 Save Games from the SD card.

Disconnect the Wii Nunchuk & go back to the Home screen. Select to play Indiana Jones Original Adventures again. When you reach the Indiana Jones Original Adventures menu screen, select Load Game & load the save game from Slot 1 (0.0%).

When the game loads, you will be in
    BarnettCollege. Walk to the ArtRoom (through the Courtyard), approach the left character on the podium. When it zooms on him, choose the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them).

This will start the Hackmii installer.

Now you can install the HomeBrew Channel & Bootmii

Read the Scam warning & press 1 (It may take a minute or two for the "press 1" to appear, please be patient)
    Install the HomeBrew Channel
    Install Bootmii as Boot2 (boot2 may not be available, if not, select Install Bootmii IOS)
    Once complete, select Prepare the SD-card

Backing up your Nand (Important)

You will now need to do a Nand backup

From the main Wii Menu screen, load HomeBrew Channel, press -HOME- on your Wii remote & select Launch Bootmii

Using your Wii Console to the control the selection, you need select the 4th icon across (settings, picture of two cogs) To move across to this press, POWER, POWER, POWER & then hit RESET.

You will then need to select the Backup button which is the first icon (Green arrow pointing at a SD card)To do this, press RESET.

Your Nands will now begin to back up. This process usually takes about 13-15 minutes. Once complete it will then verify the backup (I recommend allowing it to do this, only takes a few more minutes). You may get some bad sectors found, but dont worry about this. Once complete hit any button & you will return to the Settings screen.

Remove your SD Card & pop it back into your card reader attached to your PC/Laptop.

IMPORTANT

Take a copy of the following from the SD card: nand.bin (file) bootmii (folder) keys.bin (file)

Using your PC/Laptop, format the SD card again and extract the files from Modpack.zip from the folder you downloaded earlier onto the SD card.
    Once all the files are loaded onto the card, (still using your PC/Laptop) double click on md5summer.exe (the file on the SD card)and click Verify sums and check there are no errors.

Once complete, pop the SD card back into the Wii.

Installing WADS

Now you need to install your WADS.

From the main Wii Menu screen, load HomeBrew Channel; press -HOME- on your Wii remote & select Launch Bootmii

Multi-Mod Manager will Starts (via cboot2)
    IMPORTANT Never Uninstall IOS, you will brick your Wii
    Select "WAD Manager" - Press A
    Press (1) to "Install all Wads" - Press A
    19 wads should install without any issues.
    "Press any button to continue"
    VERY IMPORTANT Be sure all the WADS install
    If the WADS fail to install, install them 1 at a time.
    Once all WADS are installed, Press B twice to return to the main menu

Almost there

Installing priiloader:

You should still be at the main menu of Multi-Mod Manager
    Select "App Manager" - Press A
    Select priiloader - Press A
    Read the warning- Press + & A together to install - if needed Hold B press +/A to install with cIOS
    After priiloader installs, it may freeze during restart- dont panic, this is ok.
    On your Wii console, Hold the RESET button & POWER to turn off the Wii. Keep holding the RESET button & press POWER to turn it back on - priiloader will load

Select "System Menu Hacks"- Press A
    Go to "Block Disk Updates" change to ENABLED & do the same for "Block Online Updates". Any others you feel necessary to have enabled feel free!
    If
    MMM loads at boot, select Manage Priiloader, Edit Priiloader Hacks, enable needed hacks.
    If you don't know what the hack does then you don't need it.

Your wii should now block disk updates and online updates.
    If you still keep booting to Multi-Mod Manager try renaming bootmii to bootmii-old.

Note: Priiloader installer gives two errors-
    /loader.ini couldn't delete error -106
    /password.txt couldn't delete error -106
    this is not a problem just carry on

That's it. You're all done!

Enjoy.

FINAL NOTICE : THE SD CARD MUST STAY IN THE WII AT ALL TIMES.
    Last edited by Stanny2k; 19th January, 2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Title edit

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Here is manonamissionblue's tut, with pictures. Used it yesterday, and its awesome!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I take it your mod went OK then? Awesome news!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhilMachine View Post
    I take it your mod went OK then? Awesome news!
    Yeah mate, took me a while as I was making sure I did everything correctly. Simples!

Give me a shout if your stuck for a game, I'm happy for you to pop over with your Wii. I'll tell the Mrs to get the beers on ice! haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Done a few of these lately the first thing i noticed was you dont have to play the first level just copy the hack indy file onto the wii.If it doesnt work play a bit of the game,the intro and go back Worked everytime for me this way.
    The other thing ive read a couple of guides some say overwrite the files on the second stage and some say format the card,ive done both and both work fine.

My only moan is some boot straight into MMM Bootmii and i aint a clue why.

To fix this ive taken the Bootmii folder off the sd card and saved it so the Wii starts as normal.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    Done a few of these lately the first thing i noticed was you dont have to play the first level just copy the hack indy file onto the wii.If it doesnt work play a bit of the game,the intro and go back Worked everytime for me this way.
    The other thing ive read a couple of guides some say overwrite the files on the second stage and some say format the card,ive done both and both work fine.

To fix this ive taken the Bootmii folder off the sd card and saved it so the Wii starts as normal.

Andy.
    you can leave the bootmii folder on sd card by just renaming the folder to whatever you like. ie bootmiiold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ck-ok View Post
    you can leave the bootmii folder on sd card by just renaming the folder to whatever you like. ie bootmiiold
    I read that somewhere but do you know why you get that problem on some and not others??

Is it some are boot2 and others boot ios??

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hear you can also do this with the yu gi oh game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cosine View Post
    I hear you can also do this with the yu gi oh game?
    yes here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-3-mod-157379/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post

Andy.
    Hi, I am a newbie. Can you tell me step by step how you hacked your wii without playing Level 1. Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yeah

after 4 days of trying to crack the 4.3 finally done..tks for the post of telling us we had to finish the 1st level....cause on all google searches we never had that as a hint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reckless1981 View Post
    after 4 days of trying to crack the 4.3 finally done..tks for the post of telling us we had to finish the 1st level....cause on all google searches we never had that as a hint.
    Yeah I completely agree with you... The guides are very vague when it comes to what you need to do on the actual game.

Glad your all sorted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is any other chance how to hack 4.3E without using Indiana Jones game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bodie2005 View Post
    Is any other chance how to hack 4.3E without using Indiana Jones game?
    Yes..

You'll need either of these games...

Super Smash Bros Brawl(ntsc-u) -4.3u
    or Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers, (all wii's except korean)

If your asking whether the 4.3E firmware can be softmodded without using any games, then I'm afraid the answer is no, not yet.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janobi View Post
    Here is manonamissionblue's tut, with pictures. Used it yesterday, and its awesome!!
    This as well as the Stanny2k's guide are very similar. the pdf does not show that you have to play the first level of Indiana Jones so am slightly confused now.

Any help appreciated

Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast