Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poptest View Post
    Hi jebo,

nzomosky gave me this link on the tool: http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewt...asc&highlight=

Check it out.
    hi Poptest,
    i cant seem to find any images on that link.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default tool

hi sherl645,

i am also interested to see the photo of your tool.
    is to possible for you to post here?
    i wanted to make one too.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sherl645 View Post
    It will be those seals. You need the tool to take them out.

I have two of them for some reason. I'll try to upload a picture tomorrow.
    Ronan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By good luck I just happened to see the latest Endeavour Tools catalogue at the local mechanics while getting my caravan checked for rego and was amazed to see that it had a sleeve removal tool for the 4JX1 listed at $169. For those like me who are a bit challenged in the tool making department it might be a great investment.

They can be found at:
    Endeavour Tools
    2/12-18 Victoria St E,
    Lidcombe NSW 2141
    (02) 9646 4222
    www.endeavourtools.com.au

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jebo View Post
    hi,

i have done a number of 4jx1's and had manage to remove and disassemble the injectors without special tools.

attaches are some images and articles about the HEUI injectors.
    (4JX1Injectors_Article.pdf: Injector Article written by Red-one, somewhere in Western Australia (Mar-May 2006))

note: this is applicable for 4JX1 engine only
    hope this helps,

Thanks for the photo pdf great pics of the internals, righthand thread ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi look at this:
    Last edited by Odin68; 5th April, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If Diesel is contaminating Sump Oil then there are 4 possible ways (that I am aware of) of how this can occur in a 4JX1 engine:-

1) The 17mm ID x 2.5mm CS Viton O-ring on the outside, on 1 or more of the Injectors is leaking, which allows Diesel from the Fuel bath, to leak into the Cam section above.

2) The 21mm ID x 2mm CS Viton O-ring on the outside of the Injector Sleeve is leaking, which allows Diesel from the fuel path to leak into the Cam section above.

3) The Fuel Pump, which is attached to the back of the High Pressure Oil Pump, has a leaking O-ring which allows Diesel into the Sump via the drive shaft, which is shared by the High Pressure Oil Pump.

4) An Injector INTERNAL 3mm OD x 1mm CS Ceramic Viton O-ring (Shure Hardness 90), which is on the plunger under the Amplifier, is excessively worn, or has failed completely due to metal fragment contamination from a broken amplifier spring inside the Hydraulic HEUI Injector.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jackaroo ted For This Useful Post:

Poptest (16th November, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thank you for your post Jackaroo Ted. I am able to get all external oring seals except for the internal green seal.
    is the internal 3mm OD X 1mm Ceramic Viton ring available for sale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you for your post Jackaroo Ted. I am able to get all external oring seals except for the internal green seal.
    They do not have to be green (obviously i's just a colour), as I have seen both brown and black coloured Viton o-rings.
    The real problem is a reliable trustworthy source, and I have used 3 previously.
    Only 1 supplier consistently has top quality O-ring product, and that was Seal Force in the UK (no affiliation).
    You just need to find the highest Shore rated O-rings available - (I found some that were Shore Hardness 90, but only 100pcs).
    I think they have mostly been used in rebuilding Injectors over the years - they are tricky to remove and refit without damage.
    If you slide the original O-ring down to the bottom groove on the plunger, then slide the new O-Ring onto the bottom of the plunger , then slide it over the old O-ring.
    That way you reduce the risk of the new O-ring being damaged during fitting, along with using a suitable o-ring grease.
    There is also a 16mm x 2mm Internal O-ring that is worth replacing whilst inside the Injector, but Viton Shore Hardness 75 is sufficient for that seal.
    Last edited by jackaroo ted; 24th November, 2018 at 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are you also aware of the caterpillar SIS Bulletin (SMCS-1703012) which suggests that Nickel based Anti-Seize is applied to the bottom of Injector Sleeves just prior to re-installing them? Apparently this helps reduce the hot compression / combustion gas leaking out of the cylinder and into the coolant path, and helps prolong O-ring service life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12