0 Posts

Default Detroit Diesel S60 - Spray Tips

Hi guys,

i have same spray tips Parts No.
    4991753-C1 - SPRAY*TIP,*9*HOLES,*S60
    4991753-C2 - SPRAY*TIP,*9*HOLES,*S60
    4991754-D2 - SPRAY*TIP,*9*HOLES,*S60
    4991754-D3 - SPRAY*TIP,*9*HOLES,*S60

Anyone can explain to me the difference between the parts!

Thanks alot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The higher letter number the more flow through the tip C2 flowes more than C1 D1 Flowes more than C2 etc
    Check out this link http://poltrondiesel.com/Series%2060%20Tips.pdf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

`does anyone have chart or info on fuel flow of these injectors?Re.which has higher flow rate?I mean for the older injectors.
    Last edited by ddmech; 24th March, 2011 at 01:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a chart at the house that the dealer gave me it does not show the actual flow rates but it does show the different sizes and you can figure out which ones flow more fuel.I will see if I can scan it and upload it for you when I get back home. I am on the road trucking now. What engine are you looking a using a bigger injector?I have done a lot of reading and research and might be able to help you make a good choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I have listing of the injector numbers but nothing actually will relate to flow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are the injector charts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Appreciate it but I have the same chart on my parts program stumpnc.Do you have any idea as to their flow difference?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I inquired a while back about injector flow rates but it is prpoeritory information,If you look at injector tip sizes you can sort of determine the flow rates. This is what she sent me..
    Ext,
    I am not able to give you a chart with the exact flow ranges as that is proprietary information. However I can tell you that D5 will give you higher flow than the D2, and that each step (from D1-D5) means a higher flow. The injectors using the ?D? are higher flowing than the A, B, and C tips. We have one other tip/injector that has a higher flow than the 4991754-D5/5234795. That is injector p/n 5237473 and 4991748-E5.
    If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Now if you look at the injector tip vchart here..
    http://poltrondiesel.com/Series%2060%20Tips.pdf
    You can see the increase in flow according to injector tip to injector number. I am running the 5234795 in my truck and they really supply the fuel. I feel the 5237014 would be a much better choice and they were recommended to me by a retired design engineer from detroit.I just couldnt afford them at the time so I went with the 4795.The 5235915 is a good choice if you are running 5575 and if you are running thye later model injectors 98-99 the 5915 flowes more.But I personally would go with the 7014 myself and thats what I will replace mine with when I have the cash.
    I run a tweaked 485hp program in my 95 12.7 and a borg warner 171702 turbo,the 4795 injectors and flat walk away from big cats pulling up hills grossing 79,000. There is a fellow I met that has a Western Star with a 12,7 and has dynoed uo over 1200 hp and runs it on the street everyday.
    Read here
    http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/...erformance.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I had saw this chart your info really helped me out.We have been running 5235915 injectors in 430/470 app.Made a heck of a difference.Fitzgearald glider kits in crossville tenn are using these injectors and 16.1 pistons,getting great mileage and power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It really would be nice if Detroit had used their part numbers in an order that increased with flow rate. instead we have to decipher what has/had been done.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

the 5237473 injector is the 825 hp marine injector, got a set sitting in the shop. interesting enough, same injector and cam are in the 630hp 1800 rpm engine.

Stump, would you be willing to share your modified 485 hp calibration? if not could you share the stock 485 calibration?
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 19th April, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

all thats done with that modded 485 is the pulse width multiplier tweaked.that adds fuel but also smoke.there are better ways to do it.the reason i know is because i have seen this program from the same guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes it did add quite a bit of smoke.And with the 5234795 injectors it can be quite interesting at times,but it clears up pretty quick if you keep your foot out of it. I did not do the program myself but had it installed by a person I met. It is 15% over from what he told me.I would be real interested in any recomendations on a real good working program for everyday use. I would be more than happy to share what I have but have not gotten the setup yet to on my laptop to copy ,etc.I'm working on that though. I am learning a lot from you guys and I want to thank everyone for the explanations and help.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

any idea what difference the spray angle makes?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

here's something interesting, a friend of mine has a 430/500 GK that has 5915 injectors, and we have a 500 BK that uses 7650s it looks like quite a diference in flow between the two injectors, but still capable of the same hp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast