Register
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: TESCO SH*THEADS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default TESCO SH*THEADS

I have an issue with these b*st*rds. a serious issue. an issue that drives me to the edge of despair. My issue is onions.
    A year ago, at my local Tesco 'convenience' store, i used to be able to buy single onions at a cost of about 15 or 20 pence. Then suddenly, without warning, they decided that they wasn't selling single onions anymore, they're selling them in packs of 3 at a cost of ?1.04p - 50 pence worth of onions at more than twice their value.
    After my initial anger, i had learned to live with it with the exception of minor rants about it every now and again whether my audience wanted to hear it or not.
    However, just the other day, after my weekly shop as Asda, it dawned on me that i had forgotten to buy my much needed onions and so i had little choice but to go to Tesco and pay their disgusting rapist price.
    Imagine my horror when I arrived to discover the price was now ?1.14!!!

The evil, robbing b*st*rds!!!

To cap it all off, on this day I also wanted to buy some tomato puree - a simple and, i would imagine, a fairly popular food item, used by just about everybody. Tesco charge a little more than Asda or Morrisons might but the price is acceptable and in no way makes me angry. However, there was no tomato puree shelved. Upon asking a Tesco goon, i was told that they are no longer stocking it. "I dunno" was the reply to my flabberghasted "WHY?"

This all may seem very trivial to some or all of you but it makes me angry and, were it not for the law, i would have taken my retribution by now rather than stewing in my fury and disgust at Tesco.
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Won't go to Tesco unless I really have to!!
    Other day looking at a cutting of Brocolli was 1.50 euro, walked in to Lidl a few minutes later, bigger and what looked alot fresher was 1 Euro!

Have to agree with ya!
    Tesco sucks!
    Whatever!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i always try and shop for local fresh produce,and that means never buying it from tescos,i get non perishables from the supermarket,the rest is delivered from a local veg box delivery service,,very fresh and cheaper than the supermarket
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I worked in ASDA for a stint.

We stopped stocking all kinds of common items, Buttermilk being the worst, getting asked for it every few hours really wears you down.

They discontinue things because they cant compete, with all these price comparison sites and offering money back if you can find it cheaper, the best way to avoid taking a hit is simply not to stock items you cant compete at.

Theres a complicated formula for working it all out with several variables like shelf space used, shrinkage probability, price competitiveness, likelihood of refund etc.
    It all gets plotted in and if they figure that its either costing them money to shelve, costing them money from refunds (due to other stores undercutting prices) or has a high risk of shrinkage, then they simply get rid of it and use the shelf space for something that wont affect their pockets.

Theres all kinds of trickery going on in a supermarket.
    Take for instance, the first thing you will find in any supermarket is the produce isles (fruit and veg) followed by chilled provisions (ready meals, milk etc)
    Simply because these isles are cold, wide and slow people down in them.
    The cold effects peoples intelligence and makes them pliable to marketing and it makes people slow down and actively peruse stock, meaning people who came in to buy a loaf or beer wind up wandering aimlessly around filling their baskets with garbage

Then you'll notice that every few weeks stock gets shifted!
    This is to ensure your never entirely certain where that loaf or crate of beer is exactly and forces you to wander around looking for it whilst filling your basket with shit you dont need.

Theres thousands of these tricks employed all around the country to strangle every last penny out of people, and the scary thing is that they actually work more often than not.
    A good supermarket should slow people down both physically and intellectually and lead to a state of mild confusion, in order to get the most money out of people
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That drives me nutz, it takes less time now to handmilk a cow than it does to buy milk in a supermarket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    That drives me nutz, it takes less time now to handmilk a cow than it does to buy milk in a supermarket.

asdas closer than my nearest dairy farm :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to hear it's not just me that has an irrational / rational hatred of Tesco

I live 5 mins away from a two floor Tesco Extra and every now and again I get lazy and do a weeks food shopping there.

My gripe isnt over prices or anything like that but carriers.

Its a huge supermarket and the amount of times they run out of carriers is ridiculous so when it happens I just smile and say doesnt matter about my shopping leaving on average ?100 quids worth of groceries on the conveyor.

Muppet F$"%s even say they arent allowed to borrow supplies of the other huge tescos 5 miles away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought THIS but after I made a polite phone call to customer services I now have THIS for the same price.
    Look closely at the first links description and it's not for the item listed.

I agree that Tescos amongst other large retail companies concentrate more on marketing and 'creaming' the customer than they do on quality and service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I work for smaller Symbol group that service independent retailers, and its safe to say that all the big supermarkets use the same squeezes to beat the competition. People think they are doing themselves a favour when they get 10p of a tin of beans, but when there is only Tesco left there wont be any value for your money left!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
    I have an issue with these b*st*rds. a serious issue. an issue that drives me to the edge of despair. My issue is onions.
    A year ago, at my local Tesco 'convenience' store, i used to be able to buy single onions at a cost of about 15 or 20 pence. Then suddenly, without warning, they decided that they wasn't selling single onions anymore, they're selling them in packs of 3 at a cost of ?1.04p - 50 pence worth of onions at more than twice their value.
    After my initial anger, i had learned to live with it with the exception of minor rants about it every now and again whether my audience wanted to hear it or not.
    However, just the other day, after my weekly shop as Asda, it dawned on me that i had forgotten to buy my much needed onions and so i had little choice but to go to Tesco and pay their disgusting rapist price.
    Imagine my horror when I arrived to discover the price was now ?1.14!!!

The evil, robbing b*st*rds!!!

To cap it all off, on this day I also wanted to buy some tomato puree - a simple and, i would imagine, a fairly popular food item, used by just about everybody. Tesco charge a little more than Asda or Morrisons might but the price is acceptable and in no way makes me angry. However, there was no tomato puree shelved. Upon asking a Tesco goon, i was told that they are no longer stocking it. "I dunno" was the reply to my flabberghasted "WHY?"

This all may seem very trivial to some or all of you but it makes me angry and, were it not for the law, i would have taken my retribution by now rather than stewing in my fury and disgust at Tesco.
    Jesus, you'll die of a heart attack getting worked up at onions..

was it a Tesco Express..?? they are only mini Tesco's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I haven't used testicles in 3 years after getting bad service there.

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

its good for shoplifting though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

it was a tesco express. it woudn't be such an issue if they had never, in my time as a customer, sold single onions. but they have, they did, they changed, they angered..... B*SSSST*****RRRDSSSS!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i f****in h8 all supermarkets.... they use all the tricks they can to maximise profits ....it s a science of consumerism...puttin the more profitable items in the customers eyeline .... to lighting... to colours they use...they are all makin massive profits that increase year upon year yet are not passing this on to the customers,they are profiteering at a time when at a time people can least afford it .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i hear the tesco bosses call Ireland "treasure island" cause of the high profits they make here. ha-~~~~in-ha. not from me you wont.

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast