Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the points are not rightfully leeds that is for sure, correct punishment was handed out for breaking of the rules.
    There is no gurantee leeds would even be in the playoffs or won those points if they were on 0 at start of the season as there form dropped soon as wise went.
    Far as i see it it its a big no, if they are given them back then its basically saying you can do what you want as the punishment doesnt mean anything.
    I think they shoul dof been put to the bottom tear football anyway.
    "Imagine i have a blaster ray in my hand"
    "But you do have a blaster ray in your hand"
    "Well you wont have to test your imagination to much then"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LEEDS,LEEDS,LEEDS Marching on together!!!!

I think we should have the points back If we did do wrong we got 10 points which sent us down why in the new season should it happen again I think they'll possibly get 5 points back as some sort of compo!

Dowie

thommo

Quote Originally Posted by shortyball View Post
    the points are not rightfully leeds that is for sure, correct punishment was handed out for breaking of the rules.
    There is no gurantee leeds would even be in the playoffs or won those points if they were on 0 at start of the season as there form dropped soon as wise went.
    Far as i see it it its a big no, if they are given them back then its basically saying you can do what you want as the punishment doesnt mean anything.
    I think they shoul dof been put to the bottom tear football anyway.
    but your wrong you show me any other team who gets docked 10 the end of one season and 15 the start of another and the points are rightfully ours we won the games so the points are ours, just because they took them doesnt mean there not ours.

the team and fans are being punished for bates being a dick and thats not right, he should have been fined if he did wrong not the team regardless of what any of the leeds haters say (not saying we have any here mind)

arrrr im starting to turn into somebody here arrrrrrrr .
    Last edited by thommo; 24th April, 2008 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    arrrr im starting to turn into somebody here arrrrrrrr .
    If you hadn't said it then I would have....

I don't think they should have 15 points back. Bates tried to be a fly git and went into administration minutes before the end of season so they got the 10 docked in Championship. They should have just said the 10 points are from the start of next season and left it at that. It would be wrong to dock them 15 so imho, give them 5 back.

thommo

i agree we shouldnt get them all back, but 10 the end of one and 15 the start of another isnt right,especially as its not down to the team or the fans and there the ones punished, bates dont give a monkeys so its not a punishment for him, the ones who run the clubs should be the ones accountable for these mishaps, the football and points system should be left well alone imo and that goes for any club not just leeds, some teams cant get that many points in a season and is virtually relegating them for something out of the teams control.

and lmao @ jaffa....yeah "sound like" not act like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think leeds will get 10pts back but this will upset a few other clubs in league one

I don’t know if this is true but went Leeds deducted further points for signing players whilst in administration.

If wrong sorry ?
    Last edited by turbo101; 30th April, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

thommo

well what ever the decision now we are in the play offs, so the teams looking up at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wise leaving..caused loss in form ??

Wise leving was not the cause of Leeds loss of form...it was Gus Poyet leaving that caused it...Wise leaving was a blessing as if he had'nt we would definitely need the 15 points to be in the playoffs never mind anything else...Well done Macallister...show us you can do it all the way to the Premiership...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thumbs up

keep the chin up lads were going up anyway , the easy route or the easy route come on the leeds from all the irish supporters .

thommo

Default APPEAL REJECTED

APPEAL REJECTED

The three man arbitration panel ('the panel') appointed by The Football Association in respect of the above mentioned appeal has rejected Leeds United's arguments that the 15 point deduction was unlawful.

In making the decision the panel took into account the detailed submissions made by both parties (Leeds United and the Football League). The panel were critical of the length of time taken by Leeds United in bringing this action to have the 15-point decision overturned. We feel this finding is unjust as the club sought to oppose the imposition of the penalty from the 30th August 2007 onwards.

We did accept the imposed condition of a 15-point penalty subject to an appeal to Member clubs. As at the 3rd August 2007 we had no option but to do so. If we had not the club would have been lost forever which was far too big a price for anyone to pay. It is galling therefore that we are criticised for the delay in bringing the appeal when it was delays by the Football League that effectively backed us into this corner in the first place. Any request by the club to alter the wording of the agreement by the Football League, as the Tribunal recognised, would have been rejected by the Board in any event so to reiterate, we had no option but to agree. It is both noticeable and significant that the panel saw fit to suggest that the Football League should look to incorporate into its Insolvency Policy clear guidelines, objectives and procedures going forward so as to make sure no other club has to be subjected to what we have had to endure if they are unable to secure the completion of a CVA.

The appeal to Member Clubs was imposed by the Football League. We have been critical of this throughout and felt justified therefore that the Tribunal felt it was unsatisfactory due to the level of vested interest in the appeal body. Leeds United will be proposing at the forthcoming Football League AGM, a change to the regulations to this effect to protect other clubs in the future.

If what football achieves out of this decision is clarity for clubs in the future (and there will undoubtedly be cases of insolvency again), then that can mitigate some of our disappointment as we want all clubs to survive through what are very difficult times.

The matter is now closed and the focus can now return to the pitch. The decision to remain in League One was always correct from the club's perspective. If the team are now able to progress through the play-offs to the Championship, then it would be the appropriate reward for the efforts of the club's fans and players in overcoming the penalty imposed on the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default LEEDS UTD

HI Iam a Leeds fan Live in Leeds too.See we didn't get any points back well there you go once again Leeds have been DUMPED on again.What i can not under stand is why is Leeds are been picked on by the FA and other football league clubs .IT always seems to be the seem have a go at Leeds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought Leeds may get some pints back but I don?t think it really matters I think they will go throw the play off?s anyway.

good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default best of luck

hope some leeds players are members , best of luck monday lads , ye can do it , come on the leeds , leaving tipperary in the morning , see ye there , ill be wearing the away strip ha ha , /////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Can do better.....

Well we really are making it hard for ourselves...but one consolation we could'nt play worse if we tried...come on Leeds pull your finger out and play to your ability in the return leg !!

thommo

get in, here we come.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast