Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking forward to them playing in the CCC again, being a Plymouth fan they always bring huge away support and we need the money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Marching on together!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all fellow Leeds supporters. I am new here but decided to let it be known that I am a Leeds supporter all my life. I remember the days of Giles,Bremner. Hunter, Clarke and all the great players of that time. It is true to say we have not had it easy of late but we will come back to where we belong in the Premiership. Noticed the lads were back training last friday and I see we are 3/1 favs to win the league and 5/6 to get promoted.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think we will do it this year now that every other team in the league will not begin the season with a 15 point head start on us.....although having said that the element of surprise is sort of gone, but how do u account for the pace of Jermaine Beckford ? That is one good thing in that we finally have some pace up front.

The only thing that worries me abit is that so far we have only made one signing who came on a free transfer pretty much....that Swansea midfielder who chose to stay in League One to come to Leeds instead of playing in the Championship at Swansea. I'm still waiting for the transfers to pick up, but for Bates to put his hand in his pocket is like asking for a minor miracle...then again having said that I wouldn't want Bates to do a Ridsdale either, so long as the club is turning a profit again that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned....at least for the next season or two so long as we don't get relegated again. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself so quickly, lightning can't possibly strike twice, can it ?
    Last edited by Raven; 7th July, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default BOSS CONFIRMS DEFENDER INTEREST

Leeds United boss Simon Grayson has confirmed a deal has been agreed in principle to sign Celtic defender Darren O'Dea on a season long loan.
    The Republic of Ireland international, who had a loan spell at Ipswich Town last season, has made 70 appearances for the Scottish side and has worn the captain's armband for the Parkhead side.
    United manager Simon Grayson said: "Contrary to reports, Darren hasn't signed yet, but we have agreed a deal in principle subject to paperwork and a medical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default SAINTLY OPTIONS FOR UNITED BOSS

Leeds United manager Simon Grayson will be selecting from a near full strength squad for the trip to Southampton on Saturday (5.20pm).
    With the exception of striking duo Davide Somma (knee) and Luciano Becchio (hamstring), Grayson has reported a clean bill of health for the trip to the St Mary's Stadium.
    Andy O'Brien is in contention after featuring in two pre-season games now while Robert Snodgrass is also back in the frame after recovering from his ankle injury.
    Defender Ben Parker is another who has shrugged off injury to thrust himself into contention for the first time since January, and Grayson has plenty of options at his disposal.
    Michael Brown could be set for his debut at the heart of the midfield, Adam Clayton has staked claims for his first start for the club, and goalkeepers Andy Lonergan and Paul Rachubka are vying for their first starts.
    The United boss is also not ruling out the possibility of making a further signing ahead of the televised opener.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Defender Darren O'Dea says he can't wait to get started after joining Leeds United on a season long loan deal.
    The 24-year-old completed the formalities of his loan switch from Celtic at Thorp Arch on Thursday afternoon and will meet his new team-mates for the first time on Friday.
    The no-nonsense defender said: "I'm delighted to be here. I'd been looking to get away and as soon as I heard of Leeds' interest I had no doubts.
    "I was on trial here as a 13-year-old and the place was impressive then. It's changed a bit since, but it's a great set-up here and it was an easy decision to make.
    "I played in the Championship with Ipswich last season and it's a very competitive division. Teams at the bottom can beat teams at the top and it's a test I'm really looking forward to.
    "I'm hoping to achieve what everyone here is hoping to achieve - promotion. 20 teams will be aiming for that, but the players here did well last season and I hope I can bring a bit more to that."
    Subject to the formalities of international clearance Darren will go straight into the squad for Saturday's game at Southampton.
    "Hopefully it'll be straight into it," added Darren. "I didn't see Southampton last season, but they will come up with a winning mentality and it will be a tough game.
    "It's a nice stadium, there'll be a good atmosphere, and we're looking to do well."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Leeds United manager Simon Grayson is aiming high as the new npower Championship season gets ready for the big kick-off.
    Having finished in seventh place last season, the United boss accepts that expectations will be high and he firmly believes Leeds are one of a number of clubs capable of making another challenge on the top-six spots.
    "All clubs will start with expectations and everyone wants to do as well as possible," said the boss. "The Premier League is the place to be and that's where every club wants to be.
    "There are six places that everyone is aiming for and it's tough, but we have high expectancy levels here and we have to be aiming to progress season on season.
    "We have progressed season by season over the time I've been here and we'll be looking to do the same again this season.
    "Everyone seems to be talking about Leicester City which is fine. They won't expect anything less than promotion there. That will be the remit and the expectation.
    "They will be seen as the team to be shot at, and the pressure is very much on them from the off, but as we've all seen before, spending money like that gives you absolutely no guarantee whatsoever, as we know only too well here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

United kick-off at Southampton in a televised encounter on Saturday evening (5.20pm) and Grayson says his players are itching to get started.
    "There's a real buzz around the place," he said. "People on the outside won't see that, but there is a buzz around the training ground and with the squad, and they're the people that matter to me.
    "It's a great game for us to start with. They have the momentum from last season, there will be a good crowd and it's a game that catches the eye. We're both entertaining teams with match-winners in our squads."
    Grayson could give a debut to new loan signing Darren O'Dea on Saturday. O'Dea has been allocated squad number 48.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IM SORRY but i will never have any sympathy for maggie thatcher .... the bitch

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO SAY MY HEART AND RESPECT GOES OUT ALL BRITISH AND ALL ARMY TROOPS FIGHTING THE TERROR WHICH STILL BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT !

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

"People say football is a matter of life and death. I'm disappointed by that approach, I believe it is much more important than that - Bill Shankly" -
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Summer signing Michael Brown is steeling himself for a what could be a hostile debut in a Leeds United shirt at Southampton on Saturday.
    Having joined from Portsmouth during the summer, the experienced midfielder is ready to be reminded of his south coast connections when he lines up for Leeds at the St Mary's on Saturday.
    It'll be the second time in a matter of weeks, Michael's past has come to the fore, having been booed during our pre-season friendly at Sheffield Wednesday due to his connections with Sheffield United.
    "Saturday might be worse than Sheffield Wednesday," laughed Michael.
    "Seriously, though, I'm really looking forward to it. It's two big clubs of old and it should be a good game. I'll get the buzz when we warm up and it's great to be back playing again.
    "They'll be similar to Leeds last season. They'll have momentum, but they're still new to it. It's a tough game for us, it's their first home game and it's on TV, but we're looking forward to it."
    Michael provides the experience in a central midfield that could include Adam Clayton and club captain Jonny Howson.
    "They are two young players who are doing really well," said Michael.
    "Jonny has been doing well for a while and Adam is coming through. Sunday was the first big pre-season game and they rose to the occasion.
    "Jonny has great ability and made some good forward runs. That said, everyone has been working hard.
    "We did well against Newcastle last weekend, but it's still a friendly and it's totally different from this Saturday. We attacked well and the boys worked hard for each other and it was nice to get a bit of confidence."

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't we change the name of this thread to the Stig thread? ... It would be more popular than a Leeds Utd one.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all....................."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattybhoy View Post
    Can't we change the name of this thread to the Stig thread? ... It would be more popular than a Leeds Utd one.
    True m8 thought there was a few more of us out there ,great start for brum today

Brighton2-1Doncaster FT
    Bristol City0-3Ipswich FT
    Burnley2-2Watford FT
    Coventry0-1Leicester FT
    Derby2-1Birmingham FT
    Middlesbrough2-2Portsmouth FT
    Nott'm Forest0-0Barnsley FT
    Peterborough2-1Crystal Palace FT
    Reading2-2Millwall FT
    Southampton v Leeds17:20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

only 1 out with my 3-0 scoreline
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast