Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Manly Tuna Sandwich

ONION
    Get a small pan and add to it a generous helping of balsamic vinegar and a tiny amount of sugar (aim for 2 table spoons of balsamic to 1 teaspoon of sugar ratio)
    Boil the shit out of it, then simmer gently whilst stirring to make sure it doesn't stick to the arse of the pan.You want to reduce it down till its syrupy and GOOOOOD.
    Leave it to cool.
    Add it to your diced onion and leave covered over night for maximum damage, this adds a nice crunchy tangy note and makes the sammich AWESOME.
    Advanced Tuna
    After leaving it rubbed for a while (overnight with the balsamic onion concoction works well) add a little olive oil to a pan (a little just to prevent shit sticking to the arse)
    Fry it off when the oil starts to smoke, when it starts to go crumbly your done, over dried tuna sucks. watch what your doing here.
    Flake it up in a bowl and you get nice tuna with a kick ass coating.
    Basic Tuna
    After removing the brine add that to a bowl and hang your head in shame for being a slack-jawed faggot.
    Combining
    Fire your awesome balsamic onion into a sieve and let it dry out a bit (you can skip this if your good at eye-balling and didn't add too much liquid)
    fire it into a big bowl.
    Add in the sweetcorn
    Add in your flaked tuna.
    Add a little olive oil (just a touch to make things a little easier to move around and allow you to cut back on the salad cream)
    Mix it about a bit, then start adding salad cream till it begins to combine into a nice spreadable chunky putty.
    Grind in some sea salt and season with fresh ground pepper.
    That's your filling done, it will kick ass.
    Sandwich Prep
    Take three slices of bread (medium is beginning to make sense now huh?
    The genius here is to TOAST one of them. yeah TOAST!
    Butter/marg the plain slices and start to add some mix to one, nice and thick, don't be a pansy.
    Stack the toast onto that and add more filling to the top of that, then add the third slice of bread to the top.

GET STUCK IN! its crunchy smooth and full of flavour, you wind up getting different combinations on every bite an every one of them tastes amazing!
    Last edited by chroma; 27th January, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

from what you have described sounds delicious.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default australian flood

From someone in Dalby (They Walk Among Us)

Interesting reading!

Hi Doug

There has been some amazing great stories come out of the floods. But there are also the ones that will never be told because in this country we tolerate idiots in government jobs and no one wants to point the finger in case it somehow blows up in their face.

Sorry, but at my age, I have become totally disenchanted and someone needs to tell it like it is, so I will start the ball rolling. Please join with me to lift the lid on idiots with uniforms.

Take Qld transport. In Dalby district.

Dalby hit the news with a record flood in the Condamine River that damaged the water treatment plant. And water needed to be trucked in in the middle of floods. Truck drivers worked hard to get us water.
    Officers from Qld Transport booked drivers for so called over loading.......... what Idiots. Who pays? It'll get squashed and probably has already, but what a waste of resources at a time when manpower was critical.

Farmers crossing a road with a tractor to feed starving, flooded stock were pulled up, the tractor measured, and they were booked because it was slightly wide. Not only that, they were forced to leave the tractor and go to town to get an over wide permit before they could move it back into the farm. And this happened on an already closed road where the farmer was the only person around. Except for the idiots.

These are not rumors. They are facts. This morning, I was booked for driving down a closed road to check livestock that were reported out on the road and, at the same time, pick up my employee who had walked over the bridge to come to work. My house happens to be 50 m past the road closed sign, so apparently I cannot even go in and out my gate. I tried to reason amicably with 2 idiots. Of course I got more than a little agitated when they refused to let me down the road to my farm. As a result they pulled a tape recorder, so I made sure that it recorded their stupidity. I even had to insist that they returned my driver?s license. I'll definitely win the court battle as my employee witnessed the whole affair. But what a waste of time and resources.

Over the last 3 weeks, there have been Qld Transport officers stationed outside our farm booking innocent locals for about 8 days. 2 guys sit in a vehicle with the engine idling and hazard lights on 24/7. That would be 3 shifts, plus motel and other costs. Now most of these guys were reasonable people. I had to chat with them every time I went out my gate. Some were idiots like my experience this morning. But the real idiots in this case are the people who sent them out here to guard an obviously flooded and closed road. And never bothered to check when the water went down, and left them there. We, the taxpayers, pay them to be there and also pay fines for trying to get on with our lives in tough times.

Wrote the above in the hour before I went to Brisbane to help clean up the mess in our flooded premises there. While in Brisbane I was told a true story about the truck drivers delivering food to Gympie. As happens in times of desperate need, trucks rolled out of the Brisbane warehouses stacked with as much as they could get in. After all, the media was screaming for food for Gympie. Queensland Transport then intercepted the trucks and fined the drivers for overloading.

What Senior Idiot in Qld Transport decided that he could solve Queensland?s financial crisis by fining drivers? And sent dozens of men out to embarrass the Government when they could have been helping people in need.

And did you hear about the farmer who was ferrying food and other essentials for himself and neighbors across the flooded Condamine.

Well, the SES and Police decided that was their job. Apparently it is illegal for us farmers to even launch our boats to help ourselves or rescue our livestock. So they sent him home after warning him that if he continued to help, they would prosecute. As he was putting his boat back on his trailer on the other side of the river, he heard horns blowing and looked back to where he had been sent away from. There were the professional idiots, in the middle of the river, sinking. And, as we normal citizens are stupid, he had to re-launch his boat and go back and rescue them.

Apparently they had forgotten to put the plugs in the bottom of the boat and their training had not taught them how to simply put them in after they discovered it and then how to bail the boat out. He should have let them drown. That would be called "natural selection". But again, they had been sent out with an attitude rather than real training. So who is at fault? Need I answer that?

As I said at the start, there have been many, many great deeds by the vast majority of people, but when a society gets to the point that ordinary people are stopped from helping each other and are forced into submission by bureaucrats, Where are we going?

Please add your stories and keep this going. somehow, we have to reverse the stupidity that makes our nation the dumbest in the modern world.
    Our great grandfathers would be appalled.

And if any of you have the personal emails of any Politician, or Media people, please make sure they get a copy.

Gary Briggs, Dalby.