series 60 programming only! - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I need some advice on the best way to add more power after modifying the requested torque table. I need to be at about 750hp. this is a ddec iv 15:1 pistons. if needed i can get you cam and injector part numbers.
    thanks to everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amishmafia00 View Post
    I need some advice on the best way to add more power after modifying the requested torque table. I need to be at about 750hp. this is a ddec iv 15:1 pistons. if needed i can get you cam and injector part numbers.
    thanks to everyone
    Modify the pulse width table and then you might need to do the smoke limiting torque table to clear up some smoke.The pulse width table is in the shared folder under tables I think.I am looking for a cam part number for the 825 hp marine engine and also a recommendation on turbo for 750 + hp.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to trucks For This Useful Post:

Vladislav (4th June, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

trucks,
    we have the 825 cam and injectors, but we are saving them for a 14 liter, we are getting a stock cam reground with more duration and lift on the valves. hopefully this works and is cheaper than the marine cam. we are running the borg warner turbo that i think is the same as what pittsburgh power and pdi are selling. this engineruns at 1800- 2100. no lower than that under load unless there is a serious problem.

Thanks

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trucks View Post
    Modify the pulse width table and then you might need to do the smoke limiting torque table to clear up some smoke.The pulse width table is in the shared folder under tables I think.I am looking for a cam part number for the 825 hp marine engine and also a recommendation on turbo for 750 + hp.
    i was looking at my calibration, i went into the pulse width map, there are lots of cells over 40. my maximum pulse width is set at 40. does this mean the ecm will limit the pulse width even if it is over 40 on the map? if this is the case should i just increase my max pulse width?

does anyone play with BOI?
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 21st April, 2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: boi question

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default maximum pulse width

i adjusted the maximum pulse width to 45 and it definately made a diference, but watching the pulsewidth in dddl the highest it got was a little over 33. could this be due to the smoke limiting torque cutting back the pulse width?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I updated the first post, with dct quickrefrence info. someone let me know if this works for everyone else. if not i'll upload the files and try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i adjusted the maximum pulse width to 45 and it definately made a diference, but watching the pulsewidth in dddl the highest it got was a little over 33. could this be due to the smoke limiting torque cutting back the pulse width?
    amishmafia00,i think you may be right,the smoke limiting is holding you back...you can use dct to bypass though,when slewing,look for "allowable torque" i have tried setting this as add to existing value and set it at 100%,and boy does it make a difference,but be careful,not sure what damage it could do...all this is doing is bypassing any restrictions from other parameters,without having to go hunting for all of them...this CAN be done on the fly,if you dont like the result,just cancel the override.

ps...you can also play with the pwm and boi in slew (dct),but again,be careful,if you slew the pwm too much,it will start to run very rough(too much fuel?)...slewing the boi will be like changing the ignition timing.

pss...i would still like to see the cal files from one of those ecm's done by PDI or Pittsburgh Power...send me a PM please.
    Last edited by Lickety Split; 23rd April, 2011 at 06:35 AM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i went in to make some changes on the calibration and found that somehow the requested torque was back to stock, i'm thinking that somehow i uploaded the stock calibration before i made the max pulsewidth change. so remodified the requested torque and also made some changes to smoke limiting torque, can't wait till monday to see how it works!

on the calibrations, after some carefull consideration i think it's best not to share the calibrations. we really have no idea who all is on DK. I don't want to piss off someone who might otherwise be a huge help!
    another reason, I took one of the professionally programed ecm's that's in one of our trucks, did a split and join, and tried to figure out anything else that was changed, put the calibration in a stationary engine and thought i was going to have a gread running engine, instead it blew up, TWICE. so i started off from the stock program and started making changes on my own.
    unless you know absolutely everything that was changed on an ecm there is no guarantee that you can duplicate the tune.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

well I made some progress. with the maximum pulsewidth set to 45 the engine seemed to miss, so i set it back to 40 and went to the smoke limiting torque map. i made some changes at higher rpm and boost values. while running the engine i actually saw 100% load and a pulsewidth of 40. so i looks like i'm maxed out at the moment. It looks like the miss that i thought might have been caused by the modified pulsewidth is most likely due to sucking air, i'll know tomorrow. it looks like the next step is more pulse width. and i'd also like to start changing boi settings but i'm not exactly sure wich way to adjust. another thing i have to address is fuel temperature, after running for 4 hours straight fuel temp was up to 191 YIKES! i wonder what the auto ignition temperature is for #2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Do you have any idea whatyour exhaust temp was running?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

no i don't know what egts were. i do know that boost was right around 50psi and our water to air intercooler had intake air temps down to 110 degrees. im on the phone now to get a pyrometer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

the engines I have turned up a lot didnt have pyrometers.Was just wondering what the were running.50 pounds of boost is more than I have ever saw on a gk/mk/bk/tk configuration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

no i don't know what egts were. i do know that boost was right around 50psi and our water to air intercooler had intake air temps down to 110 degrees. im on the phone now to get a pyrometer
    I agre with ddmech. Are you sure you got 50 psi? If the wastegate works well, it should limit boost to 35 psi. Yesterday I played with the maximum pw, setting it to 49, and also modifying the pw_fudge_factor, as it says, is a multiplying factor for the final pw, if it is set to 1, the pw remains the same, so I put it to 1.05 and there was a big difference. I'm going to change the governor overall gain, to see what happens. Cheers !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Juanincho For This Useful Post:

Vladislav (4th June, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Most wastegates on the 60 ser hyway config are set to31-32 psi.We usually unhook them though because they give so much trouble as they get older.Will open and not close back completely.Then low boost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you play with pulse widht your engine make blow by and after a couple of mount tha rip the piston
    only an advice do what you want but i only made 3000 calibration for travel truck maybe you are better then me how know
    ACID

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast