Register
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddmech View Post
    Check your bull gear Mathura.I had exactly the same issue on one.In the end I found the bull gear had pushed off of the hub.The srs sensor gap had increased to the point
    it wouldnt read the signal.
    You are one Master ddmech, it was exactly what you told me the gear has moved on the hub and touched the front cover. It showed signs on the gear rubbing on the cover.

Thanks so much for your help Friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Glad I could help Mathura.Have a great weekend friend!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Please, I have a request again from a good friend who asked me to ask here in DK, if maybe someone can help me with an engine family number. There is not sticker in the truck engine (is where this number is located), he need this number to some do some paperwork process.
    For example, the engine 06R0541806 have this engine family number XDDXH12.7EGL.
    The engine serial number, from where he needs the engine family, is this one: 06R0445211

thanks friends in advance for your help and time to this request.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

I need to change some parameters in a DDEC IV ECM, but it is password protected, I tried 0000 but passsword is wrong. What can I do to get around password.
    I am using DDDl 6.01

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The only way to get in is to call detroit for the backdoor code or use dct to look at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

The only way to get in is to call detroit for the backdoor code or use dct to look at it.
    Thanks DDMech
    I will try dct, was not sure what I had to do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Need some Help
    Mechanic changed injector sleeves because fuel was entering the cooling system, he assembled rockerarm without doing any adjustments to the injectors, only adjusted valves.
    Now the engine is smoking very black. Could it be that the injectors needs to be adjusted.The owner has asked me to look at the job so I want to be prepared.

Which is the best method to adjust the injectors:
    A- Using the magnetic base dial indicator and 3/4 turn method
    B- Using the height guage method
    Last edited by mathura; 30th June, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If it is n3 injectors use dial indicator.
    All others use height gauge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

If it is n3 injectors use dial indicator.
    All others use height gauge.
    OK I figure that out after reading the manual once again because I am dealing with a 99 series 60 engine. Model is 6067MK60.(N2 injectors)
    However after adjusting the injectors to 81mm (they were slightly lower about 1mm), the engine is still smoking execessively black.

Before the injector sleeves were replaced the engine was fine. Is it possible that the sleeves that were installed is creating the probelm. The mechanic did not remove the cylinder head from the engine when he did this job but according to the shop manual I see that the head should be removed to do such a job.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

if this is a 99 engine the head must be removed to replace the injector tubes. removing the injector tube with the head on the engine would most likely mean that the rolled over part of the tube fell into the cylinder. if he did not remove this before firing the engine it could have damaged the turbine blades on the turbo. i'm pretty sure that when an injector tube is installed it is first trimmed to length and then rolled over. i do not know of a tool to do this on the engine. maybe the unrolled end of the tube is blocking the injector spray holes and causing the fuel to drip into the cylinder rather than spray.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mathura View Post
    Need some Help
    Mechanic changed injector sleeves because fuel was entering the cooling system, he assembled rockerarm without doing any adjustments to the injectors, only adjusted valves.
    Now the engine is smoking very black. Could it be that the injectors needs to be adjusted.The owner has asked me to look at the job so I want to be prepared.

Which is the best method to adjust the injectors:
    A- Using the magnetic base dial indicator and 3/4 turn method
    B- Using the height guage method
    Black smoke is un-burned fuel/over fueling. If the injectors were changed and are electronic you have to calibrate using the number stamped on each injector and send to ECM with DDDL. Injector heigth can be fairly far off with no effect. The ECM will compensate for the timing. Make sure the restricted fitting for return fuel was not replaced with non restricted fitting. It should have a number stamped on it. Do a cylinder cutout with DDDL and find what cylinder is the problem or all the injectors. Boost pressure should be around 18 on a stall, using the diagnostic screen in DDDL. Attached are two series 60 training links. EGR can also throw you off if not working properly.
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/461...0_Training.rar
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/233...IES_60_EGR.rar
    Last edited by alsop; 1st July, 2012 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amishmafia00 View Post
    if this is a 99 engine the head must be removed to replace the injector tubes. removing the injector tube with the head on the engine would most likely mean that the rolled over part of the tube fell into the cylinder. if he did not remove this before firing the engine it could have damaged the turbine blades on the turbo. i'm pretty sure that when an injector tube is installed it is first trimmed to length and then rolled over. i do not know of a tool to do this on the engine. maybe the unrolled end of the tube is blocking the injector spray holes and causing the fuel to drip into the cylinder rather than spray.
    Thanks for the response, I will check turbine blades but my feeling is that the injector sleeves is somehow affecting the spray pattern. What I noticed after removing the injectors is that Nos 1&2 sleeve seating area is shiny clean copper surface while the others are black as though exhaust gas is reaching it.

I plan to remove head and inspect but I want to be sure that the injector sleeves is the probelm because logically this was the only thing done and the smoking started.

I did cut out test on engine to see if it is a particular cylinder but all are behaving the same way and you cannot run engine for more than 5 mins because the smoke is so heavy that I might get a visit from the EPA personnel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Checked turbine blades and found to be good, any other suggestions are welcome before I pull Head.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mathura View Post
    Checked turbine blades and found to be good, any other suggestions are welcome before I pull Head.
    The only other thing would be a compression test if you have the set-up. This will make sure the cylinders were not washed down and destroyed the liners and pistons. I think your in for a head removal as mentioned in the other posts, it's impossible to replace injector tubes with out removing the head and machine to fit with the special tools. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alsop View Post
    The only other thing would be a compression test if you have the set-up. This will make sure the cylinders were not washed down and destroyed the liners and pistons. I think your in for a head removal as mentioned in the other posts, it's impossible to replace injector tubes with out removing the head and machine to fit with the special tools. Good luck.
    Thanks for your suggestions
    I did check return line and the restricited fitting is in place, however I doubt that it may be a compression issue because after injector sleever were replaced the Truck did not drive just start a few times because the smoke is real excessive.

I will pull Head tomorrow and let you know my findings.