Register
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

50 psi is trully possible but only give power if you really want fuel economi you need power at low boost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acid325 View Post
    if you play with pulse widht your engine make blow by and after a couple of mount tha rip the piston
    only an advice do what you want but i only made 3000 calibration for travel truck maybe you are better then me how know
    So how do YOU get more power?If playing with the pulse width is so funny.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

this engine has the non wastegated borgwarner turbo on it.

acid 325,
    This engine is not in a truck, the engine needs to run at 1800 to 2100 all day long, the engine and intake air are cooled with heat exchangers. I am new to dct, i have only been trying the obvious things. pretty much all i changed was to change the requested torque and smoke limiting torque to 100 at several places, now when under heavy load it will reach the max pulse width. max pulse width is still at 40. just as you said, yesterday when it would get a heavy load on it it would start to blowby.
    what is the better way to get more power? earlier you said cold advance will give you more power, can you hurt the engine with cold advance? how should i change the cold advance, higher or lower?
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 8th May, 2011 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

if works at 1800 or 2100 ...for long time is genset???
    or a marine...but in marine engine has cal files for 850 hp...I dont think that you will need more of that power!

if is in a machinery like a back loadrer or any other ...dont need that kind of power ...even if you want that your servotransmitions works for a loooooong time .

so here is the question ......what kind of engine is it? aplications????...
    the life is easy... people complicate!!!!!!!!

life is funny just step away of people that wants make your life a shixx

http://youtu.be/PEw3nYmpEys

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like hercamp says what type of engine is it and for the cold advence that depend of hp or torq what you want and injector and turbo

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

this is the machine MODEL
    this machine grinds wood. with more power i can make mulch faster. so more is better. but i want the engine to last. this machine has to be able to run all day everyday.
    the engine is cooled by heat exchangers fed by pond water so cooling shouldn't be an issue. the weak link is the clutch, it should be able to handle 700 hp so that's what i would like to shoot for.

the engine is a 500 hp model is BK

injectors are 7650

turbo is borg warner 171702

I have attached the stock calibration

I have taken pictures of our actual machine but are too large, i will try to rar and upload

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 9th May, 2011 at 04:39 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amishmafia00 For This Useful Post:

Wayne Techiemec (3rd September, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

oh...yeah...Ive seen marine engine with that caracteristics....its works ..I have done a couple agro machinery modifications...and yes always need more power..but you cant start with boi or pulse whtt...thats not help you even if you dont workrs with fix rpms..I mean contant 1800 or 2100....
    the life is easy... people complicate!!!!!!!!

life is funny just step away of people that wants make your life a shixx

http://youtu.be/PEw3nYmpEys

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercamp View Post
    oh...yeah...Ive seen marine engine with that caracteristics....its works ..I have done a couple agro machinery modifications...and yes always need more power..but you cant start with boi or pulse whtt...thats not help you even if you dont workrs with fix rpms..I mean contant 1800 or 2100....
    where do you start to get more power for something like this?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

here are pictures, the engine is very dirty as we had two oil leaks to fix

ok, pictures won't upload. i'll try again later
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 10th May, 2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: no pictures

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default EGT

amishmafia00, did you get a chance to check your exhaust temp yet under full load? My limited experience in diesel performance tuning is with a mechanical 5.9 Cummins. All my research indicates 1200 degrees F on the hardest pull is about max for reliability. 1200 degrees seems to about the max for other engines I checked on. If your engine is at full throttle (full load) most of the time 1200 degrees may be too high. That is if you are looking for reliability.

I'm running a hybrid turbo with a maximum of 35 lbs boost. Which is the safe maximum with a stock head gasket. For some reason it wears out the compressor side seal in the turbo much quicker than I think it should. When the seal starts getting worn I have excessive blowby. The first time it happened I thought I had broken a piston ring, the blowby was really bad.

I know I'm talking about a completely different engine, but the principals should be similar.

EGT's are important for determining air to fuel ratio.
    With high boost pressure your turbo must be in good condition.

A question for guys with experience. What is a the max exhaust temp for series 60 under full load and it still be reliable? How much boost is safe?

Emgo

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

emgo,
    I haven't yet had a chance to check egt's under full load. the machine is getting some additional modifications to help increase output, I will also be trying a new program (someone elses program) which i'm hoping will reduce fuel consumption, boost, egt, and coolant temps. acid325 made a very good point a couple of posts ago. high boost is good for high horsepower, but high boost may be a sign of over fueling. when we run the machine again i will be checking the turbo for excesive blowby, will also be checking the aircompressor.i will keep you updated.
    Last edited by amishmafia00; 11th May, 2011 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

amashmafia i made a couple of 12 mpg serie 60 on laod this possible overboost is not really= to overfuelling i can made you a cal with 50 psi no smoke and 900 og egt
    depend of your timing and everything you cannot change a number in pulse width and think all ajust by is self all creted too be like the cal is at the start you need too chaneg everything too make it work proprelly is easy change 2 number and run with high horse power i can do this but make a real cal is really hard

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

acid
    anyone can change a couple of things and make hp, but to make a good calibration is the hard thing. what kind of power did you get with the 12mpg? Thanks for your help!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

800 hp at wheel 42 psi 2800 lbs of torq

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default pictures