Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to install OP-COM software?

Hi there.
    I bought OPCOM V5 version from aliexpress. It seems to be the original one (compared it with the photos from the forum).
    I downloaded fankomtel pack but I do not have any idea what to do now.
    I installed program OP-COM 200603 then I used these files to install OP-COM drivers in the Windows Device Menager.
    1. Instructions says that I need to have FTDI version below 2.10.0.0. Mine was 2.8 How can I downgrade this? I planned to use OCFlash but I got message " File does not match the device. Should it be programmed anyway?" Should I proceed?
    2. I think that I also need to have firmware lower/equal to V1.67. Mine is 1.70(OC Flash showed me it). Should I downgrade is using OCFlash after changing FTDI version?
    3. What next? Should I run the OP-COM 200603 program and from now on I can remove warning lights/etc. ?
    My car is Vauxhall Astra 2014 1.6
    Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FcMirror View Post
    Hi there.
    I bought OPCOM V5 version from aliexpress. It seems to be the original one (compared it with the photos from the forum).
    I downloaded fankomtel pack but I do not have any idea what to do now.
    I installed program OP-COM 200603 then I used these files to install OP-COM drivers in the Windows Device Menager.
    1. Instructions says that I need to have FTDI version below 2.10.0.0. Mine was 2.8 How can I downgrade this? I planned to use OCFlash but I got message " File does not match the device. Should it be programmed anyway?" Should I proceed?
    2. I think that I also need to have firmware lower/equal to V1.67. Mine is 1.70(OC Flash showed me it). Should I downgrade is using OCFlash after changing FTDI version?
    3. What next? Should I run the OP-COM 200603 program and from now on I can remove warning lights/etc. ?
    My car is Vauxhall Astra 2014 1.6
    Thanks

https://www.google.com/search?q=opco...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that I don't need FTDI version below 2.10.0.0. It worked with the version above 2.8.0.0. I only reflashed firmware from 1.7 to 1.67 and installed this file "OP-COM_200603a_EN_Pro_v20830" I connected to the car and managed to add fuel consumption to the dashboard so I guess it works. Should I do anything else or does everything supposed to work?
    Last edited by FcMirror; 6th March, 2023 at 01:52 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    697 Posts

I think that I don't need FTDI version below 2.10.0.0. It worked with the version above 2.8.0.0. I only reflashed firmware from 1.7 to 1.67 and installed this file "OP-COM_200603a_EN_Pro_v20830" I connected to the car and managed to add fuel consumption to the dashboard so I guess it works. Should I do anything else or does everything supposed to work?
    If it works fine why would you want to change anything?
    Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just stick with FTDI 2.10.0.0, no higher and firmware 1.67 is latest official firmware. Higher firmware versions are to stop fake chips bricking themselves. Stick to OP-COM_200603a_EN_Pro_v20830. You don't need to do anything else..