Register
Page 6 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYQ View Post
    whats the problem your having with your interface gtmech? if you like to share the problem lets see if others have had the same issue? what license's have you got on yours?
    mate im over it, lets move on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have AVDI (from KAP)...

Is it perfect? No
    Is it worth the money? Yes

Yes, I have had some problems with it, but they have all been sorted quickly and the support from KAP has been excellent.

It is a tool in development, so there are always going to be problems.... but just because it's in develpopment does not mean it does not work; it means the makers are improving the functions and vehicle range all the time.... In this industry, with technology changing so quickly, any tool NOT in development is useless!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

It is a tool in development, so there are always going to be problems
    A tool that is always in development should not be at the customers expense, especially if it is designed to expire

Regards
    Impactops

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by impactops View Post
    A tool that is always in development should not be at the customers expense, especially if it is designed to expire

Regards
    Impactops
    Impactops m8, its not designed to expire its designed against hacking.

As you well know m8 this is a must on all good equipment nowadays.

And a Tool that is not in development, is already out of date!!!!!!!!!!
    You need every tool in the book, to do this auto locksmith job.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

I would of thought they would drop the battery and implement a senselock dongle especially as the battery hasn't been good enough anyway.

Also what happens if they go bust for some reason?
    Last edited by paul_12345; 9th November, 2011 at 11:03 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Impactops m8, its not designed to expire its designed against hacking.
    I'm sorry, but it is designed to expire.Once the battery goes flat it will cease to operate.As for the hacking they have not thought it through very well, i do agree that the security implemented is very sophisticated for something like an automotive interface.but it does not take much to connect a CAN logger and record all the OBDII commands that are produced to perfom the functions and implement them into something like Softing DTS which is provided with vaspc.

Regards
    Impactops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Impactops, have you worked with / for Abrites in the past or been in direct competition with them? you seem very confident in what you say and what some would class as bordering libelous remarks. Your beef with this product seems to be more than a observation based on heresay.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I have not worked with the product, but i am very confident in what i'm saying regarding the battery, i'm not saying that it is not a good product.The manufacturer has every right to charge whatever price they like for the features it performs and people can aregue the pro's and con's of it as much as they like, but you cannot tell me that if you had a customer that had purchased all the features and was told about the battery situation that they would not be concerned.

I would say that this would be one thing Abritus would not like being discussed.

Regards
    Impactops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

A tool that is always in development should not be at the customers expense

Regards
    Impactops
    Thats exactly 100% correct

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

The picture below came from this thread

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...6/index10.html

This topic has been covered many times before with arguments for and against regarding this product, even in the old software section the debate lingered on.But for me i would want an employee from abritus sitting on his tricycle pedaling his arse off generating backup power for the battery making sure that the voltage doesn't drop before i would fork out ~20K for all the features.Otherwise the mother located on the left of the battery will erase the keys, even if there was a significant temperature change (i'm not fcuking kidding either) the keys would be erased.

In my opinion the debate should not be wether feature "A" does what it is supposed to do, it's a matter wether you are prepared to spend that money on a device that will eventually cease to operate

Regards
    Impactops
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The picture below came from this thread

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...6/index10.html

This topic has been covered many times before with arguments for and against regarding this product, even in the old software section the debate lingered on.But for me i would want an employee from abritus sitting on his tricycle pedaling his arse off generating backup power for the battery making sure that the voltage doesn't drop before i would fork out ~20K for all the features.Otherwise the mother located on the left of the battery will erase the keys, even if there was a significant temperature change (i'm not fcuking kidding either) the keys would be erased.

In my opinion the debate should not be wether feature "A" does what it is supposed to do, it's a matter wether you are prepared to spend that money on a device that will eventually cease to operate

Regards
    Impactops
    Hmm, I never knew this about Abrites, thanks for the pics and warning, you have definitely turned me off it forever. Here I am using it on $100,000 dollar cars at times, WTF am I doing??

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

its worth noting to that the chinese vvdi and orv both have kept the battery too, and it will stop working when the battery dies, I'm not sure on the power requirements but would of thought it could run out in a couple of years to several years.

I was considering soldering another battery on my chinese orv not sure how sensitive the voltage will be when soldering though, I bit safer way would be to get a bigger battery with an adaptor so you can hookup a temp power supply using pins etc, remove the battery and clip in a bigger one.. dont think I'd like risking it on the original though.

Saying this though I notice nastratech have now started to force everyone to require the internet with their products which is a very similar thing if they go bust etc your left with a tool thats useless.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Saying this though I notice nastratech have now started to force everyone to require the internet with their products which is a very similar thing if they go bust etc your left with a tool thats useless.
    I believe there is a difference here, if nastratech goes bust the features that you have already payed for will continue to function long after the company has vanished.

With abritus the features that you have payed for are at jeopardy, the company will not be around to revive the device when the battery goes flat or that some condition arises that erases the keys.

PS:If you decide to solder another battery, no heat gun or freeze spray around the mother chip or it is game over.

Regards
    Impactops

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Battery can be changed by abritus
    Last edited by H.Wessel; 15th November, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Do you know that this battery is a rechargeable battery and it charge everytime you connect the avdi??
    What is it charged with, the flux capacitor?

http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/cr2032.pdf

Show me on the datasheet above where it says rechargeable?