Page 8 of 373 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

The information about the battery failure is correct
    When the battery goes down not if
    It will continuously cost you extra whether they trade or not.

Not a matter of if's but absolute certainty.
    Now for the price you pay, even an if would be a concern

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

ive got this tool and a few packages im not worried at all ive got faith in both kap and abritus. if a poxy little battery dies then im certain it will be changed and sorted with the full licenses back on it too
    So dont worry guys these are minor little things get the tool and make your money back within a few months then it wont cost you anything

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clearly View Post
    please let me know what electrial Item Has Liftime warranty.
    in the UK they would surely have to offer a lifetime warranty on the battery issue from a legal point?? Please give example of this if possible ?
    The bottom line is at some point these will fail and what ever way you look at it they are infact designed to fail, as they knew when making it that it would, they could of added a bigger and rechargeble battery but didn't.

When you sell anything it has to be fit for purpose etc
    Consumer Rights: "Give me my money back!"...

now if you make a product that you know will fail and not due to misuse or wear and tear but by design you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court would you.

It like adding a battery to your ?5000 tv and saying well the screen life is only meant to be 4-5 years so you can't complain it the battery dies, if you want you can pay to have it shipped/fixed.. not acceptable is it

Having said this I'm not knocking their product, they seem on top of the game for vauxhall / renault just a bit overpriced on the VAG / BMW IMO

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,459 Posts

Aren't Kap only distributors ?Surely you'd have better luck banging yer head off a wall than trying to drag them through the courts ?

---
    - Fired from my Why?phone 4 using Crapatalk !!
    Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnner View Post
    Aren't Kap only distributors ?Surely you'd have better luck banging yer head off a wall than trying to drag them through the courts ?

---
    - Fired from my Why?phone 4 using Crapatalk !!
    Thats the problem and why its only really reasuring if kap have the ability to transfer the licenses without abritus, else they can't do anything to help if abritus dissapear, and you'd be left with nothing.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts

"We just transfer special function to a new interface and there is NO charge for the transfer of special functions to new interface "

No charge to transfer the special functions that I have already paid for, gee thanks Abritus.
    Notice they didn't say the replacement interface was free?
    Wonder how much they will slug you for a new box?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I was just about to place an order and just found this thread??

Not sure battery thing really is an issue but don't like at all they don't mention anything the ''posibility'' to let you down in a number of years and what will happend then..

This thing really put me on hold?

In a couple of days time KAP will be exposing at Mechanex and may pop in to fire a few questions about this aspect?

Why do I need to find out about this from a forum and not from them before buying?
    Whatever seems impossible is just not yet important enough.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    "We just transfer special function to a new interface and there is NO charge for the transfer of special functions to new interface "

No charge to transfer the special functions that I have already paid for, gee thanks Abritus.
    Notice they didn't say the replacement interface was free?
    Wonder how much they will slug you for a new box?

"If an AVDI goes down during normal use, we simply replace free of charge within warranty period. Outside the warranty period there maybe a minimal (postage etc) charge. This is no big deal."

My interpetation of that is that they WILL replace the unit FOC, the postage charge inside of warranty is also free, however I would/will clarify this before buying
    Last edited by drakov; 13th November, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Check out The Number 1 Resource for all Automotive Software with a lot of patience you like me will find what you need...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

In a couple of days time KAP will be exposing at Mechanex and may pop in to fire a few questions about this aspect?
    I would not be supprised if they don't answer the questions about the battery on the grounds that it will compromise the security of the product.I don't think that they are in a position where they would have been given information by abritus regarding the security, the fact they have to replace the interface when the battery dies would indicate that they don't have those abilities to revive it and that they send it to abritus as a repair/exchange process.So if Abritus closed their doors Kap would also be in limbo with all their customers.

This type of technology was used in the 80's by some arcade manufactures to protect their arcade boards.

The Dead Battery Society
    Decryption and removal of suicide batteries in Sega boardsets

Regards
    Impactops

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i love AVDI, and is my best tool for now.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

work on toyota smart like anything, vockswagen , even benz smart keys.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Dont come in here and lie, my friend has bought the toyota module,but he says he has been conned,IT DOES NOT DO TOYOTA SMART".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lateef View Post
    work on toyota smart like anything, vockswagen , even benz smart keys.
    It works on Toyota Smart you reckon?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ration-237115/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend has an original device and being an auto locksmith he is well disappointed with it. He has already f**ked up two vw polo.
    When he bought the item from kap he was promised that all the vag are covered. reality is its hit and miss and every time u ring for support you get "this is the only model we don't cover".

I think its foolish to ask for premium price for some thing which is developed at customers expense. Thats y if you look at the abritus web site it say "Possibility" to add keys etc. Come on get real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autolockie View Post
    Thats y if you look at the abritus web site it say "Possibility" to add keys etc. Come on get real.
    Yup, thats very true also, always read the fine print. Has anyone successfully managed to add a 3 Button Mercedes ML Remote Key using the Abrites? Im talking about the learning the Remote part of the key, not the transponder. It wont do remote keys for any other Mercedes except the ML it reckons, what about the A-class and early 2 button remote keys? Whos tried and with what?