How to change COM port settings using USB-to-Serial Adapter - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is hyperterminal of any use when connecting DBox thru Serial Cable

Is hyperterminal of any use when connecting DBox thru Serial Cable.

What settings have to be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too had problems with usb serial adaptor, got it from ebay and it worked perfectly well when connected to a dbox. When connected to a dreambox using dream up it wouldnt connect, tried everything, then tried the same box on a freinds computer with built in 9 pin serial port and it connected 1st time. I then bought a serial card to go permenently inside my computer (?5 ebay) and now works and connects fine. so in my opinion dont bother with usb adaptor. Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo69jones View Post
    A lot of the cheapy USB>Serial adaptors sold on ebay use a TI chipset, and the drivers can be hard enough to find alright. I've attached the drivers I managed to find and I hope they help. They are actually for a USB>Mobile serial phone lead, but they have worked on several non-branded serial leads as they use the same chipset. Cannot hurt to try.
    sweet! works! thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The one from maplins defo works ive got one and its never given me a problem.
    Just one thing it needs to be below com10 in the settings as described on post 1

Dowie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks mate works on vista

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Usb to Serial Adapter and Vista

Hi. I used Dreamup Ver 1.3.3.2 to flash a DM 500C. I also had a usb to serial adapter which I bought on ebay. It did come with a driver and seemed to install. I have Vista Business on my laptop. When I plugged in the usb to serial device there was a message from Vista stating that the device was ready. However it did not work. I think it was COM port 14 which was given in the message and so this was the one I choose from the drop down list in Dreamup. In the end I had to repeat the whole process on on older laptop with Windows XP and an inbuilt serial interface. The flashing proceeded with no problems at all. So much for new laptops with no legacy interfaces and the "advanced" features of Windows Vista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

check the reviews guys it may help some of u out,>[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B000L0UDQA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/276-3346663-2048223?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1]Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: USB to Serial cable (RS232) adapter RS-232 converter, connect a serial printer or other device to a USB port.[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Had same problem

Like you guys I also tryied to flash using a laptop and usb adaptor. After many hours of trying I eventually gave up.
    I now take my dm500s to my place of work where I use a PC to flash. I never had a problem using a PC.
    I got a driver with my usb adaptor, installed it and thought I was ready to go but just didn`t work.
    I will try and upload the driver if anyone wants to have a go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,
    My PC only has a printer and com port and my monitor is connected to COM1. I've got the COM to USB adapter but when I run the flashing program, UFL EX5000 v2.1, it only looks at COM1. The USB adapter is set at COM9.
    I've read the instructions on changing the port and it seems easy enough but I'm worried that if I change COM9 to COM1 I will lose my monitor.

Is it safe to change COM9 to COM1? Also COM2 is available if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, first post to say thanks for the downloads above (and to gain access to download them!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Hey guys,
    My PC only has a printer and com port and my monitor is connected to COM1. I've got the COM to USB adapter but when I run the flashing program, UFL EX5000 v2.1, it only looks at COM1. The USB adapter is set at COM9.
    I've read the instructions on changing the port and it seems easy enough but I'm worried that if I change COM9 to COM1 I will lose my monitor.

Is it safe to change COM9 to COM1? Also COM2 is available if that makes a difference.

Cheers.
    change it frm com 9 to 2 it worked for me yesterday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I,m newbie.
    I want to know. Can solve this on dreambox DM500S directly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default USB to serial adapter with Windows Vista

Hi I have tried to use a USB to serial adapter on a laptop with no legacy ports. I used the driver disc which came with the adapter. The operating system is Vista Business. It seemed to install ok but I was unable to use Dreamup to flash via the serial adapter. The system completely froze and required a reboot. I had to use an old desktop with a serial port to achieve a successful flash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default usb/rs232

i hve usb/rs232 working for another stb but my problem is
    when i use to my dreambox 500s for dream up not conected.
    pls advise what is mainly problem...tnx tia...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive got the same problem even using XP. tying to do a eurovox.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast