Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Auto's View Post
    Hopefully a new thread to cover only purchasing IDS as its all getting confused on the Chinese seller one and dated. Anyone want to give their supplier, date purchased and any problems? What version is it running and updates issues. Thanks
    the newest version is V70

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willobd View Post
    the newest version is V70
    the newest version is V73.03A! but no chinese clone will work with this version....(no licence)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by adi14 View Post
    the newest version is V73.03A! but no chinese clone will work with this version....(no licence)
    in correct mine is clone working fine with latest version dled right from the web...so you are incorrect sir i do hate to say....my clone works just fine with latest version...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

V.73.04 is latest and works with chinese clone, if using the right methods (this is upto the clone supplier to ensure your informed of correct method)
    Check out The Number 1 Resource for all Automotive Software with a lot of patience you like me will find what you need...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uhaulkid View Post
    in correct mine is clone working fine with latest version dled right from the web...so you are incorrect sir i do hate to say....my clone works just fine with latest version...
    not all clone VCM will work with the latest version of IDS....my clone didn`t work with 73.03.

the licencecode was canceled.....i tray the VCM licence-crack but this crack also didn?t work fine. sometime VCM works...somtimes not.

the programming function is also a problem...sometimes it works ine and somtime this function is not available. so i wouldn`say that every clone VCM works with the latest version.

my secound VCM also didn`t work with V73.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

where did you get your 2nd VCM from. i'm not interested in the latest software, anything thats stable and does full programming will do. To me each software version is good for 2 years. Whats the point of chasing the latest version all the time...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

not all clone VCM will work with the latest version of IDS....my clone didn`t work with 73.03.

the licencecode was canceled.....i tray the VCM licence-crack but this crack also didn?t work fine. sometime VCM works...somtimes not.

the programming function is also a problem...sometimes it works ine and somtime this function is not available. so i wouldn`say that every clone VCM works with the latest version.

my secound VCM also didn`t work with V73.
    none said all clones DO work or for SURE work. what were saying is that if you use the right methods to ensure that flash is there and that you can use latest version it willwork. if your supplier doe snot have latest methods to make sure yoou bypass serial number then it snot gonna work....like he said if your supplier.....welll i know mine wiorks used it about ten mins ago....so get with your supplier...read posts and your vcm will also work with latest version if its good built

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uhaulkid View Post
    none said all clones DO work or for SURE work. what were saying is that if you use the right methods to ensure that flash is there and that you can use latest version it willwork. if your supplier doe snot have latest methods to make sure yoou bypass serial number then it snot gonna work....like he said if your supplier.....welll i know mine wiorks used it about ten mins ago....so get with your supplier...read posts and your vcm will also work with latest version if its good built
    yes...i know....i have a patch for V73 but when i install this patch the programminfuntction of IDS is not available.....so for me this is a problem and i don't want to spent a lot of time to get the latest verison of IDS that only have some more ECU updates.... for me version 70,71and 72 works good and i have no problems with licence or programmingmode.

my VCMs do not work with 73. and with the patches some functions of IDS didn't work. mybe i have wrong patches but i don't have so much time to find out the mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anychance of keeping this thread on track. It was about feedback for buying 'known good' VCM' hardware. The situation with licenses/cracks/medicnes and software updates is covered well in other threads. Pointless drowning this topic also...
    My refund will be sorted soon and I'll have a go at the supplier that I've been recommended from this thread. I'll report back any findings...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anychance of keeping this thread on track. It was about feedback for buying 'known good' VCM' hardware. The situation with licenses/cracks/medicnes and software updates is covered well in other threads. Pointless drowning this topic also...
    My refund will be sorted soon and I'll have a go at the supplier that I've been recommended from this thread. I'll report back any findings...
    hi

so there is the link from a good seller with good VCMs. my second VCM came from this seller and it work fine with IDS72 with all functions.

Ford Mazda Landrover y Jaguar IDS VCM: Diagnostic Tool | eBay

the shipping is very fast (DHL express). this VCM is also a good quality one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi

so there is the link from a good seller with good VCMs. my second VCM came from this seller and it work fine with IDS72 with all functions.

Ford Mazda Landrover y Jaguar IDS VCM: Diagnostic Tool | eBay

the shipping is very fast (DHL express). this VCM is also a good quality one
    Is this the second VCM you bought (ie. new clone) or the first (used VCM). If its the second how well have you tested it.Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this the second VCM you bought (ie. new clone) or the first (used VCM). If its the second how well have you tested it.Thanks
    my first VCM was used.

the second VCM (the same is in the link) is also good. the contacts are tin plated...not gold but i think this is not so important. the function of the VCM is also very good. all functions of IDS work fine. it works fine with IDS 72.

programmingmode is available but i didn't check ECU updating. i have a mondeo TDCI with DPF and the system is running good....i allways say "never change a running system" so i didn't update the PCM.

at this time i would like to reprogram my GEM. i will switch off some configs...

for diagnostic the VCM is very very good....there is no other alternative option for OBD diagnostic interfaces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great, thanks I'll give that one a go and report back..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

From what I can gather from the threads on here the quality of the clones ranges from crappy with totally different PCB to gold connections and identical copy of the original.

Is it worth trying to get sellers to send pics of their PCB and trying to build up a refrence?
    I can fix that for you no problems, just let me find my good hammer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furax View Post
    From what I can gather from the threads on here the quality of the clones ranges from crappy with totally different PCB to gold connections and identical copy of the original.

Is it worth trying to get sellers to send pics of their PCB and trying to build up a refrence?
    i will make photos from my first good VCM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast