Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread - Page 284
Register
Page 284 of 784 FirstFirst ... 184234274279280281282283284285286287288289294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I totally agree with opsmonkey. His argument about Rafa is right on the money. His point about the cl final we lost to Milan was again right on the money. Who here that was watching that final were thinking what the ~~~~ was Rafa doing. Me personally wanted Rafa fired after that game. So what now if he got fired from Inter Milan he is not coming back. I believe Roy will be fired after the winter break if the team don't improve. Right now without Gerrard playing and Carra out for a while he don't have much to choose on the bench. Oh by the way Crouch 's lefty nut can play better football than Ngog anyday. I hated when Rafa let him go. He might not have pace but he knows how to score and is a playmaker. Having a striker that has those two abilities is hard to find. I like Crouch and wouldn't mine him back but would rather Have Carrol up their with Torres

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I was with you every step until you mentioned Carrol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I think Carrol would be a good fit i know he's a bit of an ass but if Liverpool was going to sign a striker i would want Benzema over anyone else cause he could play down the left too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The trouble is, is that previous buys were done so to fill a gap, never by the quality, just the position.. Benitez bought some right shite in bulk on the cheap instead of investing where it was needed.. 3 players worth ?4m when one for ?12 would have produced more.. Buying shite like Carrol would just carry this on.... We need another striker, but it's best to buy a decent one than stop gap with some shite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opsmonkey View Post
    Ha ha ha.. You've just described your posts to a T.. You're as fickle as they come.. One week Woys a 80's mantra and the next Roys "gangster" (what ever the fcuk that means, it's certainly not scouse, maybe it's a Knowsley word..?) one day you want Benitez back, the next in Roy you trust..

Glory Hunters..? You'd have to be a fcuking pi5s poor glory hunter to follow us, we haven't won anything since 2006

I doubt you've ever dipped your wick as you openly admit to driving a Volvo
    Haha, Didnt happen in the end, Conked out.. Tut tut, Volvos are brilliant btw.. Pulled tarts in a e-reg fiat uno mate in shit-brown livery.

I am obsessed with Liverpool Football Club, I think you are too !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

How can Top Flight League like the EPL Have teams that don't have an underground heating system to play in the EPL? In Germany you can't play Top Flight if the pitch don't have a heating system. I'm starting to get withdrawals over the game cancellations. Now i have to be tortured watching the Manu game hoping Sutherland will beat them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

The trouble is, is that previous buys were done so to fill a gap, never by the quality, just the position.. Benitez bought some right shite in bulk on the cheap instead of investing where it was needed.. 3 players worth ?4m when one for ?12 would have produced more.. Buying shite like Carrol would just carry this on.... We need another striker, but it's best to buy a decent one than stop gap with some shite
    I see what you say so who do you suggest? now no wishful thinking something more close to reality in terms of who we can afford ( owners don't have man city money ) and who would want to play for a team currently playing in the Europa league. IE: The Loser Cup

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    I see what you say so who do you suggest? now no wishful thinking something more close to reality in terms of who we can afford ( owners don't have man city money ) and who would want to play for a team currently playing in the Europa league. IE: The Loser Cup
    why call it the loser cup???? was it a losers cup in 2001??? who would want to play for US???? every player with some pride...... and knowing they will have played for englands most successful club.
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The Europa Leage isn't a losers cup, it's still well renowned.. Granted it's not the Champions League but it's still a major trophy.. I'd rather win that than the Carling Cup or even the FA Cup.. Everything is secondary to the Premier League and Champions League these days

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Europa Leage isn't a losers cup, it's still well renowned.. Granted it's not the Champions League but it's still a major trophy.. I'd rather win that than the Carling Cup or even the FA Cup.. Everything is secondary to the Premier League and Champions League these days
    exactly, thats why for me winning the league does not mean as much as it did years ago before the cl started. you can finish 4th now and win the cl. you could win the league, finish 3rd in cl group stage and win europa league cup....
    dont get me wrong, i am desperate for us to win the league again but for me it will never be the same as it was years ago.. but you could say the same for the e/cup/ cl. in 1977 and 1978 we played 9 and 7 games to win the e/cup. how many did we play in 2005 and 2007?? but we did play "champions" in the "old" days. however the old uefa cup was almost as hard as the c/l nowadays. think it was the 1976 team, had to play 3 german sides to win it... and it was a 2 legged final...happy days....
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomer39 View Post
    why call it the loser cup???? was it a losers cup in 2001??? who would want to play for US???? every player with some pride...... and knowing they will have played for englands most successful club.
    I called it that cause that what Franz Beckenbauer called it When it was the UEFA Cup and Bayern Munich was playing in it. Tell me this do you see the line up he plays when we are playing in it. No team in Europe that in the class Liverpool are in take that competition serious until they reach the semis then they play their regulators. Don't get me wrong i would be happy they win it and i think it's Liverpool best chance to play in the CL next year since i think we will Finnish somewhere between 7th and 5th place in the league

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    I called it that cause that what Franz Beckenbauer called it When it was the UEFA Cup and Bayern Munich was playing in it. Tell me this do you see the line up he plays when we are playing in it. No team in Europe that in the class Liverpool are in take that competition serious until they reach the semis then they play their regulators. Don't get me wrong i would be happy they win it and i think it's Liverpool best chance to play in the CL next year since i think we will Finnish somewhere between 7th and 5th place in the league
    how can we play in the c/league if we win the europa cup?
    btw...germans know nowt about football....
    how many clubs in the c/l group stage,play their best side? not many.....
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Sorry i was wrong about winning Europa would get you in the CL. It's make sense now why they play second string players in it. The Germans know everything about Football and Beckenbauer is one of the greatest if not the best Footballer of all time so i could trust what he says.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomer39 View Post
    how many clubs in the c/l group stage, play their best side? not many.....
    what...???? all of them unless they have already qualified for the latter stages...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what...???? all of them unless they have already qualified for the latter stages...
    we certainly didnt in most group matches. it it was an easy group. same in the c/l . the dung v rangers!!!
    YNWA..