Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread - Page 684
Register
Page 684 of 784 FirstFirst ... 184584634674679680681682683684685686687688689694734 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Propaganda on behalf of the Liverpool owners, Rodgers admitted at the weekend that he has no money left to spend unless he moves players out first, mainly Carroll and Adam as Cole is injured, but they haven't found buyers so they won't be buying anyone else.

They are struggling to even tie up loan deals for Sahin and Tello.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khan07958 View Post
    This is the same team more or less - Torres that has finished 6,7,8 in the last 3 seasons.
    To expect this team to be clicking after 10 games in my opinion is unrealistic.
    Enough Talent to win?
    Gerrard is getting old now.
    Suaraz creates alot of chances for me he is not a natural finisher and can not see him get 25-30 goals on a regular basis.
    You have a right to your opinion although I don't agree.
    When you look at our rivals and what they can spend which ever way you look at it, it is a big task!
    This is the same team last season had poor movement and most passes were square without any penetration.
    How many players would get in the city team?
    Agger?
    Gerrard?
    Suarez although they have teverez.
    I think some fans need to be realistic, yes we will win games however don't expect us to be consistent after 10 games.
    My personal expectation for the season are to see a attacking style developing and hopefully to get some youngsters in!
    Everything you say has a valid. I don't mean in ten games they turn into Barca. I think in ten games they will gel alot better. I still feel Suarez should play out on the left. It don't hurt CR7 to play their and play Carroll up front. If they sign Dempesy they move him behind the striker and Play Gerrard as the second holding mid. He played it well last year. I know it's only one game but they were run over in the midfield and your defense is only as good as the players in front of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnna2112 View Post
    Propaganda on behalf of the Liverpool owners, Rodgers admitted at the weekend that he has no money left to spend unless he moves players out first, mainly Carroll and Adam as Cole is injured, but they haven't found buyers so they won't be buying anyone else.

If Liverpool have the chance to land him John Henry should open up the bank to sign him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't see Liverpool signing another winger though, they signed Assaidi who is a tricky winger, so their priority is likely to be a goalscorer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    Everything you say has a valid. I don't mean in ten games they turn into Barca. I think in ten games they will gel alot better. I still feel Suarez should play out on the left. It don't hurt CR7 to play their and play Carroll up front. If they sign Dempesy they move him behind the striker and Play Gerrard as the second holding mid. He played it well last year. I know it's only one game but they were run over in the midfield and your defense is only as good as the players in front of you.
    Suarez played on the left of an attacking 3 for Ajax and was very good in that postion.
    Brendon may play him in that position eventually depending on who can play through the middle.

I am not sure if carroll fits into this system as it requires mobility, positional play, pressing from strikers, quick passing around the box etc.
    Interesting to see if no reasonable bid comes in before deadline day, what we do with him.

Gerrard for me does not have the discipline to play that role and should be left to Lucas who last year was one of the best in Europe.
    Allen will also sit and protect the back 4 and keep the ball moving.
    It may be a good idea to push Gerrard further forward so he can link with Suarez as both have great natural movement.
    This could free up space for midfield to take advantage off.
    Last edited by khan07958; 21st August, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

according to this spanish site Liverpool has put in a 18 mill Euro bid for Kaka as Madrid want a permanent deal for him not a loan deal which Man Utd want.

You'll need google translate

Soy madridista - El Madrid advierte al United: Kak? no se cede

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys, liverpool is going through a tough patch at the moment, however, they truly are a great club and i do wish them well this premiership season... NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Oussama Assaidi is not eligible to play in Liverpool's Europa League play-off matches against Hearts.

The Morocco winger, who became the club's third summer signing on Friday, is cup tied having featured for Heerenveen in the qualifying rounds.

However, he will be available should Liverpool reach the group stages.

The squad travel from John Lennon Airport to Edinburgh on Wednesday afternoon before training at Tynecastle Stadium.

Brendan Rodgers will also stage a press conference at the stadium

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Liverpool want Adam Johnson. It is thought that the owners believe Johnson & Johnson on the right wing will cause fans 'no more tears.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnna2112 View Post

Oh so what brenden is meant to say is "we have plenty of cash to buy players and we will be looking to buy more players before the window closes"

?

Que every club in the world adding 5-10 million on every asking price for every player.

The tactic here is clear.....

FSG have money, they spent about 40-50 million last year, got hardly any value for money and finished 8th.

It was a disaster, they sacked the people responible (although i wanted kenny to have another year). FSG are business men, in any business if people dont perform they get sacked.

We have over priced players who we are unable to shift because of previous regimes, including kennys. We have players on such big wages no club will come near them (joe cole etc etc)

We need to balance our books and get the club operating properly again, have a wage structure and a solid youth recruitment policy and ethos.

We have been rinsed in the transfer market for years now, it has to stop. Thats why brenden put his foot down over glyfi sigurdssons wages, it was the marker, to let all other players and agents know "we will not pay over the odds in terms of wages and we will not get bullied into anything by other clubs"

What we are doing we should have done 10 years ago, these guys have brains and so does rodgers. He just needs time (time im not sure our fans will give him)

Our business in the transfer market needs to stop and a msg needs to be sent out to every club in the world.....and thats what we are trying to do.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slippy05 View Post
    Oh so what brenden is meant to say is "we have plenty of cash to buy players and we will be looking to buy more players before the window closes"

?

Que every club in the world adding 5-10 million on every asking price for every player.

The tactic here is clear.....

FSG have money, they spent about 40-50 million last year, got hardly any value for money and finished 8th.

It was a disaster, they sacked the people responible (although i wanted kenny to have another year). FSG are business men, in any business if people dont perform they get sacked.

We have over priced players who we are unable to shift because of previous regimes, including kennys. We have players on such big wages no club will come near them (joe cole etc etc)

We need to balance our books and get the club operating properly again, have a wage structure and a solid youth recruitment policy and ethos.

We have been rinsed in the transfer market for years now, it has to stop. Thats why brenden put his foot down over glyfi sigurdssons wages, it was the marker, to let all other players and agents know "we will not pay over the odds in terms of wages and we will not get bullied into anything by other clubs"

What we are doing we should have done 10 years ago, these guys have brains and so does rodgers. He just needs time (time im not sure our fans will give him)

Our business in the transfer market needs to stop and a msg needs to be sent out to every club in the world.....and thats what we are trying to do.

that is an admirable stance if you want nothing more than to consolidate a mid table finish every year and enjoy an occasional cup run.

until wage capping and transfer caps are put in place other bigger clubs will open their wallet and widen the gap.

welcome to mid table mediocrity

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gc1966 View Post
    that is an admirable stance if you want nothing more than to consolidate a mid table finish every year and enjoy an occasional cup run.

until wage capping and transfer caps are put in place other bigger clubs will open their wallet and widen the gap.

welcome to mid table mediocrity

Lol welcome to it?

We ave finisihed 6th, 7th and 8th in the last 3 years.

I'm already used to it!!

And i never want to be like city or chelsea, i dont want us to buy the league thats what has ruined football already.

They will never widen the gap on Liverpool, with our last 20 years of crap transfers and disasters..we should have been relegated by now.

City, chelsea, spurs, arsenal will never have the worldwide appeal that Liverpool has. We are a global brand.......they arent.

Success and winning the league would feel so much more special if we earnt it the right way!