Bulld0gs Liverpool Thread - Page 733
Register
Page 733 of 784 FirstFirst ... 233633683723728729730731732733734735736737738743783 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 11752
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Luis Suarez: Liverpool not obliged to sell, says Gordon Taylor

Luis Suarez's contract does not have a clause obliging Liverpool to sell him for a fee in excess of ?40m, says players' union chief Gordon Taylor.
    Arsenal have had two bids rejected by the Reds, the latest a pound over ?40m.
    The Uruguay striker, 26, spoke of his desire to leave Anfield on Tuesday.
    Suarez in numbers
    Luis Suarez
    30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool last season
    Since joining from Ajax in January 2011 for ?22.7m, has scored 51 in 96 appearances
    49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool
    35 goals in 69 appearances for Uruguay
    "If there is a minimum offer of ?40m then the parties will discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell," said Taylor, boss of the Professional Footballers' Association.
    "There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions, but I can't say it is a cast-iron buy-out clause."
    Suarez says the club "promised" he could leave this summer if they did not qualify for the Champions League. He intends to submit a transfer request by the end of the week if a move is blocked and is prepared to take the issue to the Premier League to force his exit.
    Liverpool insist they do not have to sell and manager Brendan Rodgers says Arsenal's offer remains well short of his club's valuation.
    Taylor confirmed his organisation will support Suarez but says if the matter is referred to a tribunal there is "no guarantee of getting a [successful] result".
    "Luis is one of our members and we want to be supportive, however, he may well have thought such an offer would trigger a move," Taylor said.
    "The interpretation is not that simple by any means."

Suarez's controversial career
    Suarez took legal action against former club Groningen in 2006 when a bid from Ajax was rejected. He went to arbitration and lost - but was still sold as the Amsterdam side increased their offer.
    Taylor will contact both the player and Liverpool in an attempt to help mediate on the matter, with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger "on standby" to do a deal.
    "I just feel like in any other transfer it is better for both parties to get around the table to try to resolve it," Taylor added.
    "You are hoping the club say, 'If you are determined to go, this is the figure we are looking at but if you are prepared to stay another year and you still want to go we will accept this much'.
    "At the moment it is certainly festering and I don't think it is a good situation for the player or the clubs involved."

**** of the highest order.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulld0g For This Useful Post:

zee24 (8th August, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koppit View Post
    the sooner the 30th comes around the better. bored with the suarez thing.
    Transfer window closes on the 2nd 11pm

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If a player wants to leave then you sell them. What is Rodgers and the Liverpool management trying to prove holding on to Suarez. Sell him already. He doesn't want to be on the team anymore. The only thing i would like to see is he being sold abroad. The 40 or 50 mil Liverpool can get i'm sure they can sign another striker as long as it's not Bent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I hope to fuc werever he goes he flops to whoever with just like Torres did, he never performed like was expected, he's not a Liverpool player get shut get the doe and buy another decent player or 2
    Sooner the better, he's out first 5 anyway. Fuc him.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I would love to think Torres flopped after leaving us but winning the Champions league, Uefa cup and fa cup says otherwise. Tores has never been the player he was in his first season with us but he's a winner.

THE TRUTH

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Code:
    www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-total-lack-respect-2138379

Liverpool's Rodgers on THAT Luis Suarez interview: I'll take decisive action - there's been total disrespect of the club

Reds' angry manager denies promising wantaway striker a transfer as chairman Henry insists he'll NEVER sell him to Arsenal.

Luis Suarez has been banished to the Liverpool FC wilderness for what his furious boss Brendan Rodgers has branded ?a total lack of respect?, writes David Maddock in Oslo.

The disgraced striker will be forced to train on his own after his astonishing outburst - cynically designed to engineer a move away from Liverpool - provoked the wrath of his manager and the club?s owners.

Feelings are running so high at the Anfield giants that it is understood chairman John Henry has vowed ?never to sell Suarez to Arsenal?.

The South American has accused Rodgers of ?lying?, but the Reds manager insisted he is so angry not because of the personal attack, but because Suarez has shown so little respect to the club and to his team-mates, both with his comments and with his attitude.

And now, even though Arsenal, who have controversially offered ?40m plus one pound, will be told to forget any prospect of a deal after the saga's latest twist, the only way the controversial striker will play for Liverpool again is if he makes a public apology.

?I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. There has been total disrespect of the club - this is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything,? Rodgers insisted after a friendly win over Valerenga here in Norway.
    ?There were no promises made - categorically none - and no promises broken. Obviously, the remarks I?ve read, it is bitterly disappointing - but my job is bigger than that. My job is to fight and protect the club.

?We have a standard at Liverpool and I will fight for my life to retain it. The Liverpool Way is all about being committed to the cause and fighting for the shirt. It?s also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club. And it?s about unity.

?If anyone steps outside of those values then I have to deal with it.?

The Reds boss believes his controversial forward has now forfeited the right to train with the first team after showing such disdain for the squad, and such an apparent indifference to the needs of his team-mates.

There has been real anger within the squad in recent days, largely because of the unsettling effect the whole situation has had on the build up to the season, and the way Suarez has acted in training and even in pre-season matches.

The player hardly helped himself with his team-mates when he failed to show for Steven Gerrard?s testimonial dinner, and Rodgers explained that the Uruguayan will now have to show remorse to the rest of the players to find a way back.

?Is there a way back? We first of all need to assess where it?s at at this moment things have been said that are derogatory against the football club and his team-mates and the supporters,? he added.
    ?There?s a few bridges to cross before that can happen (play for LFC again). It?s about the respect, that?s the only thing we look for. This is one of the most iconic football clubs in the world, you can?t disrespect it.

?That?s something I will ensure before anything happens in the future. That bridge will need to be crossed.?

Henry and his fellow owner Tom Werner have backed Rodgers? stance to the hilt, and privately they have indicated they are furious with the player... and determined to stop him forcing a move to Arsenal.

Liverpool are supremely confident there is no clause in his contract allowing him to leave - a view corroborated by PFA chief Gordon Taylor on Wednesday - and if Suarez is to be sold, then it will have to be to another club.

Rodgers though, insisted he has no need to sell, despite the player?s comments:

?The reality is we don?t want to sell Luis Suarez, it?s as simple as that. He is important for what we are trying to do. There have been a couple of offers but no promises broken - that?s the reality.

?I don?t believe there is a clause in his contract that says he can leave for any sort of price.

?I will deal with it.

?We can understand if he wants to play in the Champions League - but that doesn?t mean we?ve broken any promise.

?What we are trying to do now is get the correct value for a player, but we know we don?t have to sell him.?

Rodgers also dismissed suggestions Barcelona have made a bid for defender Daniel Agger, and the club insisted there have been no offers for the Dane from any team.

THE TRUTH

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

THE TRUTH

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I think he may have misunderstood the talk due to the language barrier,same as how he misunderstood that being openly racist to another player is considered bad form,i think Rodgers needs to clarify that he said championship football to him not champions league,and why he is at it possibly explain that if he carries on the way he is there will be no invite to the end of liverpools season party,generally held in november

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    If a player wants to leave then you sell them. What is Rodgers and the Liverpool management trying to prove holding on to Suarez. Sell him already. He doesn't want to be on the team anymore. The only thing i would like to see is he being sold abroad. The 40 or 50 mil Liverpool can get i'm sure they can sign another striker as long as it's not Bent.
    It's not about not selling him it's about not strengthening one of their main rivals for top 4, if a reasonable bid comes in from abroad he will be off.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    perhaps there's a principle at stake. hmmm yes there is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

no mate, i finish for two weeks in the sun. still bored with the suarez thing

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gc1966 View Post
    I think he may have misunderstood the talk due to the language barrier,same as how he misunderstood that being openly racist to another player is considered bad form,i think Rodgers needs to clarify that he said championship football to him not champions league,and why he is at it possibly explain that if he carries on the way he is there will be no invite to the end of liverpools season party,generally held in november

Shouldnt you be in here supporting your team http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ed-thread-355/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Luis Su?rez is going nowhere, says Liverpool's owner John W Henry

Move to Arsenal would be 'ludicrous', owner adds

It is too late in the day for a deal, says Henry

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/luis-suarez-liverpool-john-w-henry

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

John W Henry has laid down the law

BRLwmfmCIAAsBe0.jpg

Never Forgotten