Register
Page 282 of 784 FirstFirst ... 182232272277278279280281282283284285286287292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maca58 View Post
    its maca not macca take care..
    Now your talking shite.. Macca.

I am obsessed with Liverpool Football Club, I think you are too !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i wouldn't want benitez back at all..

yes he won the CL in 2005, but bar a flukey FA Cup win he won nothing else of worth..

He single handed lost us the title the other year by playing negative football at home for two months, we picked up 4 points from 15 and lost the league by 2 points..

he made exceptionally bizarre substitutions was exceptionally stubborn and lost the whole dressing room..

we worry about keeping Gerrard, Torres and Reina, well if he came back, they'd be off in a shot

there are many that will say that it was down to Gerrard on the field in Istanbul that won that game not the mythical "15 minutes" at half time

No thanks, he had his chance and fcuked it right up... onwards and upwards

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by opsmonkey View Post
    i wouldn't want benitez back at all..

yes he won the CL in 2005, but bar a flukey FA Cup win he won nothing else of worth..

He single handed lost us the title the other year by playing negative football at home for two months, we picked up 4 points from 15 and lost the league by 2 points..

he made exceptionally bizarre substitutions was exceptionally stubborn and lost the whole dressing room..

we worry about keeping Gerrard, Torres and Reina, well if he came back, they'd be off in a shot

there are many that will say that it was down to Gerrard on the field in Istanbul that won that game not the mythical "15 minutes" at half time

No thanks, he had his chance and fcuked it right up... onwards and upwards
    As a matter of interest.In the season we lost the league by 4 points how many games did Liverpool win after Rafa had mad subs having been behind?As a matter of more interest how long was it before Rafa had won more games coming from behiind having made these strange subsitutions before he beat both Evans and Houlliers records of their teams coming from behind.
    2 Spanish league, a Uefa Cup CL,a cl runners up,86 points our most in a long long time.Several great runs all whilst being undermined by the boards of both Liverpool and Valencia.Wonder why player like Reina and Torres came to Liverpool in the first place.It was because of one man.I can understand why people maynot want him back but I cannot understand to complete lack of respect to the acheivments of Rafa.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was on about inter ffs
    sorry mate, thought you were talking about the 2001 team..
    YNWA..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well the question keeps getting asked whos out there better than roy well one man is if you look into the reasons he left he asked the board for to fund 4 new players a back me or sack me if you want look like the board didnt fancy him so off he goes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

now that raffa is back on the rocknroll its time to accept he wasnt as good as everyone first thought.

merry christmas boys have a good one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

merry christmas to all on the lfc thread (even blues & mancs)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just a thought for rafa critics... ok for 2 years he was great. cl winners, fa cup winners. then no cups,just runners up in cl and prem. finished 7th last season... very disappointing but hardly catastrophic. for those old enough,think back to 1966. we had just won the league, everton won the cup ,england won the world cup... we beat everton at badison at the start of season 1996/7 to win the charity shield...
    our next trophy was 1972/73, the league and the eufa cup in the same season...
    a gap of 7 years.. the manager??? were we baying for his head?? no way....
    ok , things change but we have to be patient. i dont think rafa should have gone but when he went ,our new boss becomes part of us!!! 6 months for roy, 3 years for rafa??
    shanks had 7 years.... any regrets??????? dont think so.....
    YNWA..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomer39 View Post
    just a thought for rafa critics... ok for 2 years he was great. cl winners, fa cup winners. then no cups,just runners up in cl and prem. finished 7th last season... very disappointing but hardly catastrophic. for those old enough,think back to 1966. we had just won the league, everton won the cup ,england won the world cup... we beat everton at badison at the start of season 1996/7 to win the charity shield...
    our next trophy was 1972/73, the league and the eufa cup in the same season...
    a gap of 7 years.. the manager??? were we baying for his head?? no way....
    ok , things change but we have to be patient. i dont think rafa should have gone but when he went ,our new boss becomes part of us!!! 6 months for roy, 3 years for rafa??
    shanks had 7 years.... any regrets??????? dont think so.....
    Three years ? You might want to double that m8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm sorry mate but you may want to remove those rose tinted Istanbul glasses..

Benitez did win the CL in his first season, but he guided us to 5th in the league many people forget this...

05/06 was another decent season, 3rd and a FA Cup.. something which should have been built on..

06/07 - 3rd but 21 points off top and a lower tally than the year before, plus, what could be considered one of his worst tactical mistakes, the 2007 CL Final.. AC Milan were openly shite scared of Peter Crouch, they named him as the No1 danger man.. Benitez threw him on the bench and sent out an ultra defensive setup, to which we were turned over

07/08 4th again well off the pace, this is where the negativity really came to the forefront

08/09 - The year we should have made it 19.. its no good saying "we finished 2nd" we should have won, he lost his head and bottled it, he and he alone cost us the title that year, he fcuked it right up at home over December aginst weak teams, 1 up front, no pushing on, very very negative.. Utd should have returned from Japan to a lead they could never have clawed back (15 points) not just 3 points...

09/10 - 7th.. Dreadful season, lost the players big time, made calamity decisions with subs ect, refused to change things when it was obvious it wasn't working..

SACKED - deservedly

Yes he won us a 5th European Cup but he was brought in to deliver the league, when he had the chance he blew it, and at that point lost a lot of reds support..

5 years and 2 trophies... not good enough

a squad dripped in shite, he bought very badly, even with limited funds he bought goats, look at Wenger, spent nearly half as much but brought in talent far and above that Benitez did...

If Benitez was still at Liverpool we would still be in the same place we are now, RH is not good enough to repair the damaged caused throughout the club.. Benitez wanted total control over EVERYTHING... he got it... FFS look at the academy.. he filled it with shite from across the world..

He had taken LFC to as far as he could go... no League trophy and hemorrhaging talent by pi55 poor man management..

Its just not what goes on in the dugout, its behind the scenes what makes a club, he lacked both..

If he was a Messiah then how did he turn Inter from an all conquering unbeatable strong team into what they are now.... in 6 months with the same players...?

If we'd have been beaten in 2005 he would have gone at the end of 2007/08 and with that particular squad at that time a more attacking minded manager would have romped that league title the year after
    Last edited by opsmonkey; 24th December, 2010 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I rang anfield the other day and asked when they was playing next? And they said to me....When can you make it hahha

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmike2455 View Post
    I rang anfield the other day and asked when they was playing next? And they said to me....When can you make it hahha
    good god mate not heard that one since the year dot....sod off....
    YNWA..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to opsmonkey...
    not agreeing or disagreeing with your argument but all i was saying was shanks won nothing for 7 years... did we call for his head?? no....
    btw... peter crouch??? do you think he was lfc class??? and talk of him coming back... no way.....
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think Crouch is better than Ngog who we have now..

when Shanks came in we were no-marks in the Second Division..

Benitez inherited a half decent squad that were playing in the Uefa Champions League

Massive difference

BTW you say Shankly won nothing for 7 years.??

He had us promoted from Div 2 to Div 1 inside 18 months of being appointed and the the Div 1 title inside 4 years then the FA Cup inside 5.. Where did you get 7 from..???
    Last edited by opsmonkey; 24th December, 2010 at 12:59 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Crouch is better than Ngog who we have now..

when Shanks came in we were no-marks in the Second Division..

Benitez inherited a half decent squad that were playing in the Uefa Champions League

Massive difference

BTW you say Shankly won nothing for 7 years.??

He had us promoted from Div 2 to Div 1 inside 18 months of being appointed and the the Div 1 title inside 4 years then the FA Cup inside 5.. Where did you get 7 from..???
    was talking about the 7 years we went trophyless.. 1966 to 1973...
    oh and despite being "no-marks" in the 2nd div, in 8 years we finished 8th in the first season and 3rd or 4th in the other 7.
    YNWA..