Register
Page 685 of 784 FirstFirst ... 185585635675680681682683684685686687688689690695735 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Should sport teams have a salary cap? How much would you let each team spend. All the money in the world sometimes don't work. Ask Real Madrid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slippy05 View Post

And i never want to be like city or chelsea, i dont want us to buy the league thats what has ruined football already.
    This gets right on my tits, when people accuse other teams of 'buying the league'
    News flash... EVERY team tries to buy the league, thats what everybody does with transfers, paying other clubs to release managers, etc. if liverpool for instance werent trying to buy the league, what were the millions in transfers for??

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    This gets right on my tits, when people accuse other teams of 'buying the league'
    News flash... EVERY team tries to buy the league, thats what everybody does with transfers, paying other clubs to release managers, etc. if liverpool for instance werent trying to buy the league, what were the millions in transfers for??

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Thats not true.

We are trying to make the club be self sufficient, like arsenal and bayern munich. That means we use the revenue we generate to re-invest in building a squad and a youth team.

Thats is wayyyy different to a club like city or chealsea spending 200 million on one summer to get them to a certain level.

They dont invest in youth that much, and that is what is killing the game in England because these clubs are buying ready made stars instead of allowing them to develop.

This is why chelsea spent 100's of million when abramovich came, and are now having to do it again....because the youngsters just dont get a chance at their club. This stagnates a young players development and might even set them back years in terms of becoming a really good player.

The same is likely to happen with city because how can a youngster get a game ahead of a 40 million pound player?

This is whats wrong with the game and i hope Liverpool dont go down that road.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Default Newcastle taking "a liberty"

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has accused Newcastle of taking "a liberty" in their pursuit of Andy Carroll.

Newcastle offered to take Carroll on a season-long loan deal in July, with a fixed ?12m fee for a permanent transfer next summer.
    But Rodgers said he would be a "nutcase" to allow the England striker to leave the club with only nine days of the transfer window left.
    "To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty," Rodgers said.
    Speaking ahead of Thursday's Europa League tie against Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle, Rodgers said Liverpool are extremely reluctant to sell Carroll back to Newcastle in a cut-price deal after buying the 23-year-old for a club-record ?35m only 18 months ago.
    "Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle," Rodgers added. "Newcastle got ?35m for this player last year.
    "I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got Luis Suarez, Fabio Borini and Andy Carroll.
    "I would need to be a nutcase to even consider letting Andy Carroll go at this moment."
    Carroll is struggling to be fit for the match after picking up a slight hamstring strain but Rodgers is keen for his striker to start, regardless of the speculation surrounding his future.

Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19353061

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

LIVERPOOL FAN OMAR RANTS AT ROBBIE SAVAGE ON BBC 5LIVE 606

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpZ7XW48L4]BBC 606 - Omar's VERY Angry Rant At Robbie Savage, Funniest Caller Ever - 18/08/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh the irony .....

On the day they kick off about Newcastle taking the piss re: taking Andy Carroll on loan and trying to buy him for ?12 mill.......Fulham make a formal complaint about them tapping up Dempsey , Is it time for the candles? & Where can I get the t shirt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

martin jol; was in the national press on sunday saying there had been no contact with liverpool over dempsey now there complaining whats he talking about then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Liverpool.....The club that just keeps on giving

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wongers View Post
    martin jol; was in the national press on sunday saying there had been no contact with liverpool over dempsey now there complaining whats he talking about then

Its a funny one dont you think mate?

We phone up fulham "how much for dempsey"

fulham "10 million not a penny less"

(Liverpool whispers under its breath: yea ****in right he is 29 and has one year on his contract left)

We dont make an offer

And now they are upset about it?

Last edited by slippy05; 23rd August, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Brendan Rodgers expects to discover in the next 24 hours whether Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will join Liverpool on loan.

The manager was asked about a potential move in his press conference following the 1-0 victory over Hearts.

He said: "Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation on that.

"It's quite far [along the line]. He's a very good footballer."

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    If Liverpool have the chance to land him John Henry should open up the bank to sign him.
    Hate to say i told you so , but err.........

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid to sign Nuri Sahin on a season-long loan deal, subject to the player passing a medical.

Sahin moved to Madrid last summer fresh from helping Borussia Dortmund secure the German championship and being named as the Bundesliga's Player of the Season.

The playmaker collected another league title winners' medal as the Spanish giants clinched La Liga in May.

Sahin has 31 caps for Turkey and became their youngest ever scorer when he netted on his debut against Germany in 2005, aged 17.

The 23-year-old will now undergo a medical on Merseyside.

THE TRUTH

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

@slippy05
    City have spent in three year's what all the other big clubs spent over 10 years in order to catch up, they are now on there way to becoming self sufficient,
    tell me, how much money have they spent this summer compared to the rest of the league.
    !retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtman View Post
    @slippy05
    City have spent in three year's what all the other big clubs spent over 10 years in order to catch up, they are now on there way to becoming self sufficient,
    tell me, how much money have they spent this summer compared to the rest of the league.
    they need to do business better

How to do business, by Newcastle Utd

Sell Andy Carroll for ?35 million. Use the money to buy Cisse, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon and Andy Carroll

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnna2112 View Post
    they need to do business better

How to do business, by Newcastle Utd

Sell Andy Carroll for ?35 million. Use the money to buy Cisse, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon and Andy Carroll
    Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post1669661

THE TRUTH