Register
Page 686 of 784 FirstFirst ... 186586636676681682683684685686687688689690691696736 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 11752
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulld0g View Post
    Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post1669661
    Or Fulham either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulld0g View Post
    Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle No one takes liberties with us http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post1669661
    seems to me that the liberty was taken when pool paid over the odds for him in the first place, then change of manager. who does not see him fitting in to the style of play he prefers,wasn't worth 35 mil at the time and certainly not worth anywhere near that now.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

So where is the liberty there? You mean us paying OTT in the beginning, yea it was a liberty
    Last edited by Bulld0g; 25th August, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Spent force liverpool now

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

You mean spending force, nah not really that's Chelsea and City

THE TRUTH

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Nuri Sahin officially a Liverpool player for a season atleast

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Seems to be loads of Newcastle fans in here. Weren't they playing NPower League Football 2 years ago.?

Also weren't they supposed to be nailed on for Champions League football this season? How did that go?

If Liverpool are a spent force and are currently one of the 3 English trophy holders what does that make a team who last won anything of actual value in 1969.

Do you play in black and white as an homage to the last time you won anything football was broadcast in those colours ?????

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtman View Post
    @slippy05
    City have spent in three year's what all the other big clubs spent over 10 years in order to catch up, they are now on there way to becoming self sufficient,
    tell me, how much money have they spent this summer compared to the rest of the league.

You wont ever become self sufficient

The main reason for that is your fanbase outside of manchester isnt big enough to finance all of your purchases.

Slowly overtime it will grow of course, but only because your buying some of the biggest stars in the world, who carry they're own fanbase. Which then turns them into city fans in terms of merchandise sales and shirt sales.

If you ever stop buying players like tevez, aguero, silva etc those fans will disappear becuase they love the players not your club.

Also you will be just like chelsea, you have a team packed full of stars 18-22 of them, and to keep them happy you have to give them games.

This means your youth gets less games and less time to develop. Then what will happen is all those stars will become old, or lose form and need replacing......and you will just go and buy big again.

Its the same overhaul chelsea needed to make these last two years. Its the main problem with having so many superstars, you just cant drop them week after week to give youngsters a chance so your club can grow from within.

Your owner got his mate to sponsor your stadium for 400 million, thats the main reason your appearing self sufficient but that was just a ploy to get round the FFP that uefa are trying to introduce.

Having said that i like city, and you are right that they havent bought any players. I think the main reason for that you guys have realised that everybody ramps up the price if they think you've got money.

Your being smart and seeing this, so your just not buying them.

Liverpool should have realised this years ago and done the same. Gladly now brendan and the owners have seen us get well and truly rinsed, in the transfer market last year, they have put a stop to it.

Will be very interesting to see how FFP works, and how strict uefa are with it. I know for a fact our owners are counting on uefa to be strict, which would put liverpool in a brilliant position........without it we cant compete.
    Last edited by slippy05; 26th August, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opsmonkey View Post
    Seems to be loads of Newcastle fans in here. Weren't they playing NPower League Football 2 years ago.?

Also weren't they supposed to be nailed on for Champions League football this season? How did that go?

If Liverpool are a spent force and are currently one of the 3 English trophy holders what does that make a team who last won anything of actual value in 1969.

Do you play in black and white as an homage to the last time you won anything football was broadcast in those colours ?????
    got to agree with you there mate, nufc flatter to deceive ,they will be found out this season though

lets just see what happens here though telegraph
    Last edited by johnna2112; 26th August, 2012 at 07:00 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Not trying to put you on a downer mate but if your hoping eufa with there half hearted policy will be the saviour of lfc then I fear you gonna be disappointed, the teams with money will employ the best barristers an legal teams money can buy and they will pick holes in the rules and exploit them, this is the way the epl is, the guy with the big pockets ends up with the best train set, unfortunately for lfc you can't compete with them, an the longer you not in champs league the bigger the gap will become,

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Not trying to put you on a downer mate but if your hoping eufa with there half hearted policy will be the saviour of lfc then I fear you gonna be disappointed, the teams with money will employ the best barristers an legal teams money can buy and they will pick holes in the rules and exploit them, this is the way the epl is, the guy with the big pockets ends up with the best train set, unfortunately for lfc you can't compete with them, an the longer you not in champs league the bigger the gap will become,
    Couldnt agree more mate

But i fear this is what our owners are banking on as it will put us in a stronger position than most.

Liverpool still pay big wages and do business every year and we havent had champions league money like the other clubs for 3 years, but we will see how FFP plays out i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Platini moans about PL clubs spending big money and creates new rules and regulations to combat it but when it's PSG he doesn't even bat an eyelid.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Skrtel just pissed me off big time, ive always said he's got a mistake in him and was proved right again. That game was ours to win and we made 2 howlers to let City back in it. Reina should have done better, Kelly should have cleared the ball and Skrtel wtf was he doing. This is why i can't see how he can fit in to Brendan's system, he panics too much and always looks to the keeper to help him out.

I know they say good teams can get points even when they don't play well shows how good they really are, but seriously City didn't deserve anything.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

We played well today and deserved all three points.Two mistakes let city back in. If we play the rest of the season the way we did today, we wont have much to worry about

THE TRUTH