Register
Page 687 of 784 FirstFirst ... 187587637677682683684685686687688689690691692697737 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 11752
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zee24 View Post
    Skrtel just pissed me off big time, ive always said he's got a mistake in him and was proved right again. That game was ours to win and we made 2 howlers to let City back in it. Reina should have done better, Kelly should have cleared the ball and Skrtel wtf was he doing. This is why i can't see how he can fit in to Brendan's system, he panics too much and always looks to the keeper to help him out.

I know they say good teams can get points even when they don't play well shows how good they really are, but seriously City didn't deserve anything.

Come on zee mate, lets not be too critical on the lads they were brilliant today.

new manager, players and system...it takes time

And the way he wants us to play is new for our players, they have been drilled a different way for years (if in doubt put it out) but under brendan he wants them to keep the ball under big pressure in dangerous areas were 99% of managers would tell them to hoof it.

Really impressed wih us today.

I thgink allen is a class player, him and shain with lucas will be great!

Get dempsey in and we will be closer to 4th this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Im not they were brilliant and it just shows we aint a bad team when a top class team with world class players gets out played by a so called 'spent force' and we aint happy with the end result.

Im just saying Skrtel has always got a mistake in him i can't see that changing, he isn't my fav player but more performances like that this season bar the mistakes and we won't be far off top 4.

Allen was brilliant, we still need to finish our chances up front, Suarez free kick was world class up till that point he was having one of those games nothing was coming off. Sterling gave a mature performance for a 17 year old i cnt wait to see more of him this season.

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

"Being Liverpool" sneak peek Rodgers keeps the youngsters in check on the US tour

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0FkLHhJHw8]Being Liverpool - Rodgers keeps Sterling in check - YouTube[/ame]

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I think the biggest plus you can take out of the game was how good Liverpool passed the ball. Sure it was disappointing they didn't win when they should of but Skrtil just made a stupid mistake. You can still look at it as a good point against ManC.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

You played city off the park and deserved all 3 points, the mistakes you can't legislate for, impressed how you bossed the middle of the park with relatively inexperienced players against the most expensive midfield in Europe, that young Sterling was impressive playing in that kind of Enviroment at that age and not looking out of place, Suarez must frustrate the shit out you, didnt hit the target mostly then produces that goal ,
    Same old story with lfc tho, turn it on against the big boys (tip, always back them when they underdog) and capitulate against the lesser teams, think top 4 is a step too far this season, but I guess it's about stability, probably gonna be an up an down season for you trying to get the new system in place and mistakes will be plenty when asking defenders to do stuff they mostly avoided throughout there career , but Rodgers certainly got the nucleus of a good side to build around,
    Good luck for the season , bar the Derby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If only we could play like that every game. We'll probably batter Arsenal next but come away with nothing again . I think now its about consistency after the City game expectations will be high.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some good points made there by you guys.

I think what our team has needed for a while is a system that gets the best out of our forward players whilst still being able to defend should we lose the ball.

Giving gerrard licence to roam and press but not leaving huge gaps behind him is what we have always needed.

I think under rodgers we will have this balance that allows our forward players to flourish and be free, yet still have a good formation behind them when we lose the ball.

I'm really excited as i think Liverpool is really going to grow under this guy.

He has identified the main problems with liverpool and that is to stop us getting ripped off in the transfer market, have a system that allows attacking players to be free in thier movement, be able to bring in youngsters and not have the wieght of expectancy on they're shoulders.....

We can really develop and move forward under Mr rodgers i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

City were lucky to get a draw today, we outplayed them for most of the game and controlled the midfield.
    After Lucas want off, shelvey did a excellent job to fill in.

Coates was very good today and won 100% of his aerial duels, the whole team attacked as a unit and defended from the front.

Boroni and suarez were excellent in saying that the whole team played well aside from the mistake from skertel today, thought he was top draw!

Allen looks like a top class buy and will be worth double what we payed for him very soon again had 93% pass completion, the best passer on the park.

Sterling for a 17 year old was a constant menace and had city back paddling each time he had the ball, we have not had this type of player since mcmanman days.

Good performance against the champions, who for me at times were made to look ordinary!
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Looks like Joe Cole could be off back to West Ham if he agrees, after an agreement in principle between the two clubs and a fee in the region of ?2mill lovely jubbly......

If he needs a hand packing im available

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Apparantly the owners have told Brendan they are not sure about the signing of Dempsey because of his age, but have told him if he can get 1 or 2 players off the books he will have the funds to make a serious offer for Dempsey.
    Last edited by zee24; 27th August, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like Joe Cole could be off back to West Ham if he agrees, after an agreement in principle between the two clubs and a fee in the region of ?2mill lovely jubbly......

If he needs a hand packing im available

Think its bull mate (i was hoping it was true though!...he is on 90k a week after all)

this is what fat sam told sky sports:

He told Sky Sports: "I don't see much at all, to be honest with you, in terms of ins.

"I think that our finances now are on the limit, as it were, speaking to our co-chairmen. I think that we'll work with what we've got."

Allardyce added if he does make any last-minute reinforcements it is likely to be on a loan basis.

He added: "We'll never say never, you never know what might turn up. But if it's going to be anything, it's never going to get past a loan deal, I think."

Apparently some tit on talksport started the rumour....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I still think Carroll should start up front and play Suarez on the left. One Sterling look good but is still somewhat green with his tackles giving ManC some good free kicks. Second I can't believe how good Liverpool are crossing the ball into the box. After seeing a few i was wondering why isn't Carroll in their. I know he has alot to prove but i think if Rodgers is going to make any mistakes this year one would be getting rid of Carroll.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

love this

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Lucas Leiva has been ruled out for up to 2-3 months with a thigh injury
    Last edited by zee24; 29th August, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lucas Leiva has been ruled out for up to 2-3 months with a thigh injury

thats messed up, it really is bad news for us!