Register
Page 769 of 784 FirstFirst ... 269669719759764765766767768769770771772773774779 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 11752
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

if you won trothies for entertaining footy then nobody could begrudge lfc it , unfortunately you need a solid basis at the back, and that sakko aint the answer, i only learnt today B-R paid 18million for him , he makes me nervous watching him and i aint a red

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

No one else to blame but ourselves attacking brilliant midfield great back four shite apart from flanaghan he's one for the future. glen johston is shite imo. sacko not good enough skirtel is a penalty waiting to happen. agger ?? . we cant blame efc or cfc no one is going to roll over and do you a favour. Good thing is we are on our way up sort out the defence and we should be good to go. if someone told me last game of the season would be between us and city at the start of the season i would'nt have believed them all in all a great season and the future looks good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maca For This Useful Post:

koppit (8th May, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    No one else to blame but ourselves attacking brilliant midfield great back four shite apart from flanaghan he's one for the future. glen johston is shite imo. sacko not good enough skirtel is a penalty waiting to happen. agger ?? . we cant blame efc or cfc no one is going to roll over and do you a favour. Good thing is we are on our way up sort out the defence and we should be good to go. if someone told me last game of the season would be between us and city at the start of the season i would'nt have believed them all in all a great season and the future looks good.
    totally agree mate, my only concern (if i were a red) would be if B-R can spend wisely, then of course they gotta fit in and gel and if foreign adapt to prem, if it were me i would go buy 2 proven p-l centre halfs .
    of the over 100m he spent, you could argue that sturridge and coutinho are the only 2 who seem to be anywere near lfc standard ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=maca;2291690]No one else to blame but ourselves attacking brilliant midfield great back four shite apart from flanaghan he's one for the future. glen johston is shite imo. sacko not good enough skirtel is a penalty waiting to happen. agger ?? . we cant blame efc or cfc no one is going to roll over and do you a favour. Good thing is we are on our way up sort out the defence and we should be good to go. if someone told me last game of the season would be between us and city at the start of the season i would'nt have believed them all in all a great season and the future looks good.[/

Still been a great season IMO. We've played some great football scoring some wonderful goals along the way. There's been great individual performances and some not so.Things do need to change, spending wisely in the transfer window is a must. It would be a mistake to get rid of too many players tho. We did that when b.r. Took over and left ourselves short of options.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I never thought Liverpool would be so close at this point in the season,you came from now-where to knocking on the door of the title,respect is due and you are welcome to it,i have actually enjoyed your football this season and saurez deserved his award.the cavalier football you have played has been a joy to watch at times and only for a shite defence you would have lifted the trophy weeks ago.
    barring a meltdown by city you are now finished for the year but with champions league next term guaranteed you have lot to celebrate,the only downside appears to be are you able to kick on and lift the pl trophy next season,i personally think not,this was your best chance for 20 plus years and may not open up again for some time.
    in saying that I predicted nothing for you this term and will probably end up praising you on sunday for beating Newcastle 15-0 whilst city play out a goal less draw.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Would have been interesting had suarez not missed the start of the season, think you dropped a fair few points with draws then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

won 3 drew1 lost1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cushty For This Useful Post:

southpaw (8th May, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cushty View Post
    won 3 drew1 lost1
    thought it was worse than that mate, even so, pretty sure he could have made an impact/difference in the L+D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

yes your probably right but he did deserve his ban and it seems to have taught him a lesson the fact is it's our defending that has let us down as when we've had injuries and suspensions we've always scored goals just can't keep clean sheets

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

didnt deserve that ban mate, it was only a nibble , imagine how much damage he could really do with them knashers,

tell you who has impressed me alot this season, and i never thought i would say it, but henderson,
    and in a bizarre twist of fate/irony i blame alex ferguson for bringing the best out of him, since he slated him in his book it seems tht J-H has thought "i`ll show you , you whisky nosed ****er"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk Pro

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to royboyz For This Useful Post:

alom5 (12th May, 2014), gc1966 (12th May, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk Pro

16. The Following User Says Thank You to royboyz For This Useful Post:

gc1966 (12th May, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Great to go out with a win. If you want to look where Liverpool lost the title it was the game in December against Hull. Very poor match and should of taken points. Not disappointed about not winning it cause it was something unexpected of the squad. Changes i would like to see is Allen sold or benched. Let Lucus play next to Gerrard as the holding midfielders. This one i hear shit for. Sell Sturridge. While he had a great season the reasons i would sell is he seems to be a little injury prone. He still has some of that attitude when he gets subbed off. He is only good at playing up front. Can't play down the right or left. It makes Suarez drift out wide when both are on the pitch at the same time. That leads up to me saying both him and Suarez shouldn't play together. Buy selling him Liverpool can get 2 times what they paid for him. This would free up money to buy a proper player to be the CAM. This player should be Toni Kroos. With Sturridge gone Coutinho to play on the left and Sterling down the right. In the Defense Skirtel should be sold since his worth is most likely at it's highest. Sign Ashley Williams or Michael Dawson to play along side Agger. Liverpool should also only play in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. All i know can't wait till next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well despite not getting the thing we wanted more than anything else, we still had an incredible season which I think everyone would agree is way beyond what any of us expected, so here is a list of individual awards compared to the previous 4 seasons.

09/10 - 12/13
    Player of the month - Torres (Sept 09)
    PL team of the season - Suarez (12/13)

13/14
    Player of the month - Sturridge (Aug 13),(Feb 14) Suarez(Dec 13),(Mar 14*) Gerrard (Mar 14*) (4)
    Manager of the month - Rodgers (Aug 13), (Mar 14) (2)
    PL team of the season - Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard (3)
    Players POTY, Football writers POTY, PL POTY - Suarez
    LMA MOTY - Rodgers
    Golden boot - Suarez

Mainly down to Suarez, but still impressive, not to mention having the top 2 scorers in Suarez (31) and Sturridge (22) and top 2 most assists in Gerrard (13) and Suarez (12), that stat is pretty incredible
    Last edited by cushty; 14th May, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

May well start another season without Suarez, complete idiot.