Register
Page 113 of 784 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 11752
    Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

ah back to talking drivel again

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maca58 View Post
    ah back to talking drivel again
    i think if you took your head from up your b-- stood back and looked at the big picture instead of misplaced stick together loyalty to a bloody idiot you would find my last comment more constructive than anything else posted on this entire thread.
    good luck in getting 4th we will do city and spurs for ye the rest is im afraid in the lap of the gods or should i say rafa(same thing i suppose).

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milkybarkid View Post
    i think if you took your head from up your b-- stood back and looked at the big picture instead of misplaced stick together loyalty to a bloody idiot you would find my last comment more constructive than anything else posted on this entire thread.
    good luck in getting 4th we will do city and spurs for ye the rest is im afraid in the lap of the gods or should i say rafa(same thing i suppose).
    fair comment m8 but it does get some what boring when we get every tosser throwing there 2 pence worth about lfc .....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fair comment m8 but it does get some what boring when we get every tosser throwing there 2 pence worth about lfc .....
    and most times they know sweet f.a.
    YNWA..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i do not hate lfc i actually feel sorry for ye and i personly would like ye to make 4th spot because its not the same without ye in champs league draw and theres nothing like the atmophere as man u v lfc sorry i was just trying to liven up your 100 plus pages of moaning about rafa just get rid of him and i can get back to hating lfc and the why dont you go to the mufc thread bit is un called for because weve nothing really to talk about anymore.
    think that means you dont care!!!
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cowplain35 View Post
    18 league titles,
    5 European cups,4 of them won when it was the knockout stages every round,home and away legs,you lose,you are out,none of this mamby pamby group stages,get thrashed in one game,pick up the points later in the group stage as it is now,you are down 2 goals when Liverpool were winning their European cups,,no messing,you are out.Liverpools 4 European cups were against the best in Europe,and you had to win,or you were out.
    you seriously dont belive this 5hite do you the champions league is by far harder to win than the old european cup and the stats prove it

the main difference now is you get 4 good teams from the top countries as oppose to 1 in the old format

in the old format the teams were that 5hite you were more or less guaranteed a semi-final spot at least cos thats the first game you would play against decent opposition

now the champions from the 5hit countries you used to beat dont get past the prelimenaries most times

lets have a look at 77 you beat

Crusaders
    Trabsponsor
    St ettiene
    FC Zurich
    Borrussia muchengladbach

in 78 you beat

nobody in the first round you got a bye ( tough it was in the old days)
    Dynamo Dresden
    Benfica
    Borrusia Munchengladbach
    and then the might of Club Brugges in the final

81 you beat

OPS (who ? 10-1 in 1 leg as well when it was hard going)
    Aberdeen
    CSKA
    Bayern munich
    Real Madrid

in which to be fair was probably the toughest year

84 It was

Odense
    Athletico CLUB
    Benfica
    Dynamo Bucharest
    Roma

Hardly full of quality oppostion is it?

A competition so tough that Club Brugges,Malmo,Panathanaikos reached the final Stade Reims and St Ettiene reached the final twice

On another note if the champions league is so 5hite why has it never been won twice in a row

as oppose to the European Cup

Real Madrid 5 in a row
    Bayern Munich 4 in a row
    Ajax 3 in a row
    Inter,Benfica,Liverpool,Notts Forest and AC milan have all won 2 in a row

i think even the most rose tinted Liverpool supporter would agree its much tougher now

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    you seriously dont belive this 5hite do you the champions league is by far harder to win than the old european cup and the stats prove it

the main difference now is you get 4 good teams from the top countries as oppose to 1 in the old format

in the old format the teams were that 5hite you were more or less guaranteed a semi-final spot at least cos thats the first game you would play against decent opposition

now the champions from the 5hit countries you used to beat dont get past the prelimenaries most times

Crusaders
    Trabsponsor
    St ettiene
    FC Zurich
    Borrussia muchengladbach

in 78 you beat

Dynamo Dresden
    Benfica
    Borrusia Munchengladbach

81 you beat

Aberdeen
    CSKA
    Bayern munich
    Real Madrid

84 It was

Odense
    Athletico CLUB
    Benfica
    Dynamo Bucharest
    Roma

A competition so tough that Club Brugges,Malmo,Panathanaikos reached the final Stade Reims and St Ettiene reached the final twice

On another note if the champions league is so 5hite why has it never been won twice in a row

Real Madrid 5 in a row
    Bayern Munich 4 in a row
    Ajax 3 in a row

i think even the most rose tinted Liverpool supporter would agree its much tougher now
    a reasonably point. but you HAD to win your league to be in the e.c. it was still dominated by england, spain ,germany and italy.. as it is now. ok we met brugge, but at that time they were a very good team. the other 3 teams we beat were..rubbish??
    do you remember the old uefa cup that we won in 1974+ 1976? in 76 we played 3 top german sides. that comp was probably harder to win than the e.c!! except you had finished 2nd or3rd in your league or won league.cup..
    it was very similar to the present day c.l but without the k.o stage.
    think the cl has been in its present format for about 12years,could be wrong,
    in those years, only 5 winners were champions in their league the previous season!
    YNWA..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Crusaders
    Trabsponsor
    St ettiene
    FC Zurich
    Borrussia muchengladbach

in 78 you beat

Dynamo Dresden
    Benfica
    Borrusia Munchengladbach

81 you beat

Aberdeen
    CSKA
    Bayern munich
    Real Madrid

84 It was

Odense
    Athletico CLUB
    Benfica
    Dynamo Bucharest
    Roma

Real Madrid 5 in a row
    Bayern Munich 4 in a row
    Ajax 3 in a row

You had to be champions to be in it, full stop. That was the format at the time and it was no easier to win than it is now. We have won the competition in both it's formats as too have a few other teams.

It's a bit like comparing great footballers of their era with those of today.You can't do that. Finney ,Mathews, Pele, Maradonna, Best, Charlton, Dalglish etc compare those with Todays superstars you can't because they never played in the same era. You frown upon the old format but if it was that easy to win 5,4,3,2 times how come your lot didn't do it ? Simply answer is, you were never good enough to win the English league, so therefore never qualified for the European cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You tell em Bulldog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and who is this remark refer too? i hope you dont mean me!!!
    IM SORRY but i will never have any sympathy for maggie thatcher .... the bitch

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO SAY MY HEART AND RESPECT GOES OUT ALL BRITISH AND ALL ARMY TROOPS FIGHTING THE TERROR WHICH STILL BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT !

YNWA!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96"

"People say football is a matter of life and death. I'm disappointed by that approach, I believe it is much more important than that - Bill Shankly" -
    YNWA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomer39 View Post
    a reasonably point. but you HAD to win your league to be in the e.c. it was still dominated by england, spain ,germany and italy.. as it is now. ok we met brugge, but at that time they were a very good team. the other 3 teams we beat were..rubbish??
    do you remember the old uefa cup that we won in 1974+ 1976? in 76 we played 3 top german sides. that comp was probably harder to win than the e.c!! except you had finished 2nd or3rd in your league or won league.cup..
    it was very similar to the present day c.l but without the k.o stage.
    think the cl has been in its present format for about 12years,could be wrong,
    in those years, only 5 winners were champions in their league the previous season!
    i partly agree cos i used to think that the old style uefa cup was much tougher to win than the european cup for the same reasons you said you played the top teams in each country not just 1 decent team from a couple of countrys and the rest made up from any old crap

which is probably why they changed it

but you have a point to bulldog that you needed to be champions to win it so on that score i suppose it is harder to win but once your in it its much easier to win than the CL

and im guessing if it stayed the way it was because of its easier format we would have won it a couple of more times than twice out of our last 11 titles

i think thats a fair assumption seen as we wouldnt have played anyone decent till the semi's at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

your chickens aint hatched yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spondulick View Post
    three times as many posts are made to the lfc forum as the man utd forum, do mancs always get lost.......no we have not had as much to whinge about as you lot have over the last 20 yrs.
    so you've never had a setback or criticized a player or manager on your side. yeah rite. when you walk on water post it on youtube so we can all see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

do any of you lot actually come from manchester ?..
    if they keep getting lost here what chance they know where they live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i partly agree cos i used to think that the old style uefa cup was much tougher to win than the european cup for the same reasons you said you played the top teams in each country not just 1 decent team from a couple of countrys and the rest made up from any old crap

which is probably why they changed it

but you have a point to bulldog that you needed to be champions to win it so on that score i suppose it is harder to win but once your in it its much easier to win than the CL

and im guessing if it stayed the way it was because of its easier format we would have won it a couple of more times than twice out of our last 11 titles

i think thats a fair assumption seen as we wouldnt have played anyone decent till the semi's at least
    surely you can only beat the team in front of you