Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Dpf and ETC

hey Dk friends just a little heads up was reading all the post here not often I get to sit here and do this. But just keep in mind that by deleting the emissions on the new trucks remember that new emission laws are getting tougher and I've heard talk about issues with straight pipes on trucks and etc that there is a possibility that they are going to pass a law where they will make all trucks go back to an original stock exhaust and emissions and also hear not sure what year but the older trucks are going to become a thing of the past.I know for the truckers in CA its really tough for them because I know they have to go through an extensive inspection every year.I'm also hearing in CA that most fleet owners are putting their trucks on a 4 to 5 year rotation because of the emission laws that are coming up and new ones that will eventually go into effect. Just some food for thought .
    Remember the only Dumb Question Is the One Never Asked ! Always Make Sure To Thank The Person Who Helps You Here At Dk !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbateman View Post
    hey Dk friends just a little heads up was reading all the post here not often I get to sit here and do this. But just keep in mind that by deleting the emissions on the new trucks remember that new emission laws are getting tougher and I've heard talk about issues with straight pipes on trucks and etc that there is a possibility that they are going to pass a law where they will make all trucks go back to an original stock exhaust and emissions and also hear not sure what year but the older trucks are going to become a thing of the past.I know for the truckers in CA its really tough for them because I know they have to go through an extensive inspection every year.I'm also hearing in CA that most fleet owners are putting their trucks on a 4 to 5 year rotation because of the emission laws that are coming up and new ones that will eventually go into effect. Just some food for thought .
    The EPA can impose big fines ($50000) on the owner, the mechanic that removed the emissions equipment and the person that wrote the calibration. Simply saying that the calibration is for off road use only is not enough. You will notice that companies (like PDI are) removing the DPF delete info from their websites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

share only in educational purposes )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbateman View Post
    hercamp what thoughts do you have about my above post on the issues with the EGR coolers and EGR Valves on the newer ISX trucks. I'm seeing way to many failures and it's not replacing the items only one time I have had to do it a couple of times to a few different trucks
    Yes m8. I heard of problem with a
    FAULT CODE 3616
    Engine VGT Nozzle Position - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment

Its a late 2009 ISX model and the owner already had to put a lot of money on a new aftercoller, turbo and about this fault code they said it was not going to be easy to find out what the issue was or how to resolve this problem. I think Cummins are making some mistakes when building these enigines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juanmnd View Post
    Yes m8. I heard of problem with a
    FAULT CODE 3616
    Engine VGT Nozzle Position - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment

Its a late 2009 ISX model and the owner already had to put a lot of money on a new aftercoller, turbo and about this fault code they said it was not going to be easy to find out what the issue was or how to resolve this problem. I think Cummins are making some mistakes when building these enigines.
    This fault is usually a broken drive in the actuator, or the slide is sticking.
    The new turbocharger and actuator require calibrating after fitting
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jctech View Post
    This fault is usually a broken drive in the actuator, or the slide is sticking.
    The new turbocharger and actuator require calibrating after fitting
    Thanks jctech. I consider this info a lot useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

juanmd

My experience has been running into this fault code if I understand you correctly you have replaced the EGR Cooler and the turbo? If there are other faults in the ECM that are in active you will have to follow all the fault trees active or inactive to a T. This will allow you to determine hopefully where the issue first started. Its a pain staking process but unfortunately with insite and the way the new engines are made in one way or another all the sensors are tied together and especially on the new ISX engines if one fault code trips it will mess with several things at one time. I would also take a look at the ECM harness this can be pain staking also I have had several where I have had to pull the harnesses off pull the covering and physically check out each individual wire. Also don't ever count out the possibility of getting a bad part it happens from time to time
    Remember the only Dumb Question Is the One Never Asked ! Always Make Sure To Thank The Person Who Helps You Here At Dk !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

hey fellow Dk friends just wanted to add some info to the DPF issues I have found especially for the newer ISX engines that updating the ECM cals will help solve some of the issues with the DPF systems on the ISX engines. I have noticed since we have been updating our ECM'S were not having as many issues. Just a little FYI not sure for the other engines out there that are using the DPF system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by optimum cetane View Post
    hello, depends where you get and ECM from with the delete programed. but you are looking anywhere between 2000 and 5000 for an ECM, $600 for a blanked out canister (goes inplace of DPF and catalyst) 200-400 for a plug kit. It is money well spent in my opinion and have nothing but good reviews from the customers ive installed them on.
    Where or who sells a blank DPF canister?? Inbox me or a post reply would be great!! Thanks guys!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123