Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default how do i add transponders to vu+ duo

hi all

been trying to get 4.8e, for ages, had most of other satelittes I wanted
    so i tried another transponder on 4.8e, scanned it and there were a few channels, so it looks as if the transponders i'm not picking up
    is there and easy way to get these missing transponders picked up
    i've read that blindscan does not work with the vu+ duo
    if that worked it would have done everything for me,
    if i can do an auto one i need to beable to scan from 0.8 to 60 e as past 0.8 and dish hits the wall of my house

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

ftp this file into your box as it has all the birds from 1w to 60e,regards mdt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mdt For This Useful Post:

P&D (21st September, 2013)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

still can't get channels on 4.8e, sometimes i get God channel, a couple of minutes later i cant get it
    I have FTA channels in a folder to test the signal is there,
    i go 0.8w BBC news lovely,- 4.8e god channel sometimes i get it sometimes i dont, - 13E God Channel lovely, - 19e God channel lovely
    tried a manual scan on 4.8e various transponders on Vertical got no services,
    not tried manual scan on other satelites Vertical transponders so not sure if i get them or not
    i have a tree near the dish, but can't see how that would cause this issue, as i'm getting the other satelites,
    not sure if its a tuner issue (Vu+ Duo clone)
    tried to do an auto scan yesterday got to 64% picked up 113 services on all satelites from 0.8 to 60e, that does not seam like a lot of services to find,
    its does on scan as my old dreambox did, all transpoders on 1 satelite, then move to next satelite
    it appears do scan some transponders on this satelite then scan some on another satelite, then another satelite etc, then back to first 1 and scan the next load of transponders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    still can't get channels on 4.8e, sometimes i get God channel, a couple of minutes later i cant get it
    I have FTA channels in a folder to test the signal is there,
    i go 0.8w BBC news lovely,- 4.8e god channel sometimes i get it sometimes i dont, - 13E God Channel lovely, - 19e God channel lovely
    tried a manual scan on 4.8e various transponders on Vertical got no services,
    not tried manual scan on other satelites Vertical transponders so not sure if i get them or not
    i have a tree near the dish, but can't see how that would cause this issue, as i'm getting the other satelites,
    not sure if its a tuner issue (Vu+ Duo clone)
    tried to do an auto scan yesterday got to 64% picked up 113 services on all satelites from 0.8 to 60e, that does not seam like a lot of services to find,
    its does on scan as my old dreambox did, all transpoders on 1 satelite, then move to next satelite
    it appears do scan some transponders on this satelite then scan some on another satelite, then another satelite etc, then back to first 1 and scan the next load of transponders

how big is your dish? as most of the vertical transponders are on the weak nordic beam which requires a minimum of 1m and 1.2m is better. try 11.766h, 12.073h,12.111h,12.130v, 12.284v,12.360v as these are on the european beam and should be booming in at 99% snr if your dish is tracking correctly. try peaking your dish either by ajusting your long details by 0.2 at a time in usals or by using the fine step movement in diseqc 1.2. try with 12.456.h.27500 dvbs2/8psk as this is on the nordic beam and has a fta test card,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thanks
    its a 90cm dish, i used to get 4.8e ok with my dreambox 500, watched 3pms kick offs.

tried other transponders, still no joy, i'm going to connect up old dreambox to dish to get the 3.0pm kick offs, just to prove out dish and channels etc
    then i will connect to vu+ duo, to see what it picks up
    Last edited by the goat; 6th October, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got a new Vu+ clone box and i cannot see any channels

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

have you loaded a bouquet on to it ?