Updating to Genisys 4.0 - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by superc0 View Post
    HI HAVE THE 2010 EU,ASIAN AND EUROPEAN 2008 , I HAVE THE SOFT BUT I THINK ITS CORRUPTED, BECAUSE I SEND MY CF CARD, AND OTHERS THINGS TO SERVICE CENTER, AND THEY FIX MY PROBLEM, SOMEBODY NEEDS THIS SOFT?
    MY INTERNET SPEED IS VERY LOW.
    Do you know specifically what version of the 2010 software you have? I am kind of curious on the amount of space it uses as I kind of want to compare with what I have. Would it be possible if I could get a raw disk image of your cf card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Great work, all seems ok with System 4.0 upgrade, now I have
    TPMS working up to 2010 ALL Markets
    ABS working up to 2010 ALL Markets
    SRS Working up to 2010 ALL Markets

The USA, Asian and European Diagnostic only goes to the year on the smart cards.

This is BIG BIG Progress and a million miles better that where I was stucked with all 2002 software.

If you know how to get GM SPS going that would be nice

GREAT WORK
    Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shitad View Post
    The USA, Asian and European Diagnostic only goes to the year on the smart cards.
    i kinda rushed the release but i will have that fixed. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way i was applying the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by shitad View Post
    If you know how to get GM SPS going that would be nice
    im pretty sure i can get that to work. i was actually lazy and didnt bother to try to patch that.

well atleast there is interest in this thread. i was hoping there would be more people trying it out using different year smart cards and giving feedback but oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

In earlier post you mention a Disk Image software "DD", what software is this ? I wish to make backup of my internal card and save it to a file on my PC . Also is it possibe to change the Internal card to the 1Gb one that has system 4.0 on it hoping that this will speed up boot time with fsater CF card.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

dd is actually a unix utility, but it does have ports to other os's. you can just use the program i included with the img file to create a backup of your cf card.

i havent tried swapping out the internal card and booting from it, but i tHink the cause of the slow bootup time is due to the old genisys hardware i believe the evo is a lot faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    dd is actually a unix utility, but it does have ports to other os's. you can just use the program i included with the img file to create a backup of your cf card.

i havent tried swapping out the internal card and booting from it, but i tHink the cause of the slow bootup time is due to the old genisys hardware i believe the evo is a lot faster.

I tried using the software you posted but was unable to get it going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok this has been long over due. but i've gotten all the bugs worked out. just extract and write the image onto your cf card with dd. Just follow the screen prompts and be sure to have your smart cards handy, you will need them to activate the software. You will see messages saying that an older version is being installed but just go through and finish the installation. After it reboots you will see that the newer version is actually installed. here's whats included:

System 4.0
    USA 2009 Asian
    USA 2008 European
    USA 2009 Domestic
    TPMS 2009
    ABS 2009
    And some others but not tested.

*note*
    if you don't have the smart card for a particular software. It won't be activated.. Sorry

Here's the link
    Http://www.4shared.com/file/whZO8j_v...s09-Final.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Everything went just as you stated with no itch at all.
    Now all my software are up to 2009, although my Smart Cards are at 2002. GM SPS is also now loaded BUT it will need the smart card.
    I have not tested it on a unit as yet but from all indication all seems well so far.
    Once again and I will post any other findings over the next few days as I will be testing it on different cars.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well you're welcome. I know it's pretty much a requirement to use the new smart cable on most cars. But I believe it all works like it's suppose to. Seems like not many people are intrested in the genisys though. It ain't a hoax but whatever.. Enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi bibms I appreciate all your work on this!!!!
    Can you any cf with this update, any size any brand?

I will try your method on a friends mentor, I am not sure what version he currently has. If it is a newer version, what could you use from it to help you develop another update for that version?

Thanks again

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

bibms dont give up on us yet. There arent many guys who still use the genisys. Many have come to learn it is slow compared to other scanners on the market. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NightDragon
    Hi bibms I appreciate all your work on this!!!!
    Can you any cf with this update, any size any brand?

I will try your method on a friends mentor, I am not sure what version he currently has. If it is a newer version, what could you use from it to help you develop another update for that version?

Thanks again
    Only requirement is you need to have a 1gig or larger cf card. And to be able to use the software to it's full potential you need to have the new smart cable, though you can still use the smart inserts but your options are very limited to the amount of cars you can use it on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I tried it on a friends mentor it worked as you stated. It took like 50 mins to update not sure if this is common. It seems to stall twice the first was the longest and it is after the heavy duty, took like about 35 mins it was the "Installing USA 2008 Domestic Release 1.03" screen. The next screen it stalled about 5 mins it was the "Installing usa 2008 abs/airbag release 1.01". The other screens went relatively fast.

He originally had ver 3.0 2008 dom, asian, abs & 2003 euro can you any of his data? What about the smartcard data? I was also wondering if you have to use the correct smartcards when the install asks for it, just in case you do not have the one it asks for?

Let me know if there is any data you would like me to upload.

Thanks again for your hard work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NightDragon
    I tried it on a friends mentor it worked as you stated. It took like 50 mins to update not sure if this is common. It seems to stall twice the first was the longest and it is after the heavy duty, took like about 35 mins it was the "Installing USA 2008 Domestic Release 1.03" screen. The next screen it stalled about 5 mins it was the "Installing usa 2008 abs/airbag release 1.01". The other screens went relatively fast.

He originally had ver 3.0 2008 dom, asian, abs & 2003 euro can you any of his data? What about the smartcard data? I was also wondering if you have to use the correct smartcards when the install asks for it, just in case you do not have the one it asks for?

Let me know if there is any data you would like me to upload.

Thanks again for your hard work
    Most likely you were using a slow cd card. From my experience it takes about 15-30 minutes. And yes you need to have the original smart cards that you used to authorize the old software. You can't interchange smart cards. So you have to be sure you have the correct smart card inserted before you proceed after each prompt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    Do you know specifically what version of the 2010 software you have? I am kind of curious on the amount of space it uses as I kind of want to compare with what I have. Would it be possible if I could get a raw disk image of your cf card?
    here is the pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

SOFT FOR ANDROS BENCH 6330 HELP PLZ.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast