Register
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shitad
    Today I bought a 2Gig SanDisk Ultra CF card and loaded the 2010 update, the Asian Diagnostic software did not work well, whenever I choose a manufacturer it starts loading that mamufacturer file, then it comes back to the main menu with the list of all of them.
    Now I an reformating the CF and will reload. I also notice that I did not get the pop-up for the ABS/AirBag smart card during install so the AirBag Icon was not there.
    I will see if it comes back after I reinstall.
    L Abs was implemented into the main program starting with the 2010 releases. If Asian import doesn't work for you after you reinstall it. Try it again, but this time put in your Asian import smart card. If that still doesn't get it working then it must have been an error on my end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

So Domestic and Asian will load without inserting the smart cards ????????? Koooool, althought I did put then in during install. What about Euro I guess its not so right ? you must have that smart card .
    One thing I also fine strange is, I made sure I powered down of yet whenever I try to run the update it say Improper Shutdown .
    Now I am waiting forever to check system files, is it possible this process mess with some of the files on the card because the system is not installed yet ??// food for thought

Will post in another 30 after install is complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

3rd install complete but Asian still not loading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shitad View Post
    So Domestic and Asian will load without inserting the smart cards ????????? Koooool, althought I did put then in during install. What about Euro I guess its not so right ? you must have that smart card .
    One thing I also fine strange is, I made sure I powered down of yet whenever I try to run the update it say Improper Shutdown .
    Now I am waiting forever to check system files, is it possible this process mess with some of the files on the card because the system is not installed yet ??// food for thought

I shut it down using power button while it was checking the file system & when I restarted it it went right to updating. It seems to be quicker this way not sure if it was OK to do so but it seems to be working. I also did not see TPMS on the main screen.
    bibms,
    Also I pressed enter to continue without having the smart card, should I have pressed cancel to exit since I did not have smart card? I did not do that since I thought it would exit/end the install process. Is this correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NightDragon
    I shut it down using power button while it was checking the file system & when I restarted it it went right to updating. It seems to be quicker this way not sure if it was OK to do so but it seems to be working. I also did not see TPMS on the main screen.
    bibms,
    Also I pressed enter to continue without having the smart card, should I have pressed cancel to exit since I did not have smart card? I did not do that since I thought it would exit/end the install process. Is this correct?
    Well the install process should detect previous authoriZed software. It should say 'something found pre-authorized. If it doesn't then it means the software will need to be installed with the smart card. And I also pressed enter through all the prompts and it installed ok for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

NightDragon !!!!!
    I think the way he did the patch it check to see if you had each Software Authorized and it you had it before then you dont need to put in the smart.

Did you try loading any Asian Diagnostic Software ????? I cannot get mine to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is anyone having the same prob as
    shitad? Wait a min. I forgot to remove that disk check on first boot. So it will happen everytime you you rewrite the image. But during install you should get a pre-authorized message with the version of the software you had previously installed.

Shitad, do you know how to to setup a serial connection to the scanner? If you do open up a serial terminal connection to the scanner. Log all the of the output during installation and when you run Asian. I can use that info to pinpoint what's happening.
    Last edited by bibms; 26th July, 2011 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have never done that but I an a fast learner.
    Thats with hyper Terminal ????
    Give me guide and I will do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You will need the serial cable that plugs into the rj45 port on the scanner. Connect that to a serial port on your computer. I suggest using teraterm. Load it up, select new connection then select the com port the scanner is hooked up to. Then somewhere in the program there's a logging option. Enable that, then finally turn on on the scanner. You will start to see text showing up etc. Btw serial port settings should be 9600/no parity which usually is the default

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    You will need the serial cable that plugs into the rj45 port on the scanner. Connect that to a serial port on your computer. I suggest using teraterm. Load it up, select new connection then select the com port the scanner is hooked up to. Then somewhere in the program there's a logging option. Enable that, then finally turn on on the scanner. You will start to see text showing up etc. Btw serial port settings should be 9600/no parity which usually is the default

I will search for teraterm now, fisrt time heraing about it, my serial to rj45 is at workplace so I will have to to that in the morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not really good with directions but I'll. Get teraterm it's better than hyperterminal.
    Connect the serial cable to your computer that connects to the rj45 port on the scanner. Load up teraterm and start a new connection using the whichever com port the serial cable is hooked up to. Now enable logging somewhere inside teraterm. Then finally turn on. Your scanner. If it's done right text will start popping up. and that's it. The serial cable that connects to the scanner was included with connech tech package. If you don't got it I'll have to trace the wires and and get you schematics so u can make one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I'm not really good with directions but I'll. Get teraterm it's better than hyperterminal.
    Connect the serial cable to your computer that connects to the rj45 port on the scanner. Load up teraterm and start a new connection using the whichever com port the serial cable is hooked up to. Now enable logging somewhere inside teraterm. Then finally turn on. Your scanner. If it's done right text will start popping up. and that's it. The serial cable that connects to the scanner was included with connech tech package. If you don't got it I'll have to trace the wires and and get you schematics so u can make one

I find Version 4.7 at Download Tera Term 4.70 :: Freeware | Download what version do you suggest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I find Version 4.7 at Download Tera Term 4.70 :: Freeware | Download what version do you suggest.
    There was 2 different version of teraterm one by a company, the other was open source. I just got whichever one was yhe free one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

There was 2 different version of teraterm one by a company, the other was open source. I just got whichever one was yhe free one.

OK I will test it tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OK I will test it tomorrow.
    Shitad, I believe I found what was causing the problem for you. By any chance were you choosing Mazda as your selection? I bet if you tried any other selection it would work. Bug no worries i'm working on a patch that will fix it. And I'll speed up installation . I'll have it in a few hours